Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What team is the best at each position?

In here we will talk about what team is #1 at QB, RB, FB, WR, TE, OLine, DLine, LB, CB, S, K, P. First off, which team has the best QBs. Keep in mind I am not just talking about starters, I mean overall(starters and backups).

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the bears! oh wait...i thought you said linebacker...

quarterback on the other hand...thats a tough one actually.

unless i completely forgot someone, i might have to say the cowboys or buccaneers as weird as that is. dallas has romo and brad johnson while tampa has a bunch of ok guys who all have at least few games of starting experience.

like i said, i might have completely forgot someone, but in terms of the depth, it might be one of those two

edit: reskins? depends on what you think of campbell but todd collins is a good backup
Old 04-03-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QBs- Jax, Pats
RBs- Vikings, Giants, Jax

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
QBs- Jax, Pats
RBs- Vikings, Giants, Jax
the jags maybe with garrard and lemon but the pats?

i think matt cassel may actually rank towards the bottom of backup QBs in the league. some people might think highly of him but he hasnt proved himself in the pros or even in college...just saying

i thought of another one too. depends on what you think of schaub but until the texans trade rosenfels, they have decent depth there

Last edited by BeerBaron : 04-03-2008 at 07:15 PM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the only the thing the Buccaneers have a fighting chance at claiming the best at is linebacker. Derrick Brooks, Cato June and Barrett Ruud are all great starters. As back-ups you have Ryan Nece who is a jack-of-all trades, promising youngsters Quincy Black and Adam Hayward, special teamer Antoine Cash, and FA signees Matt McCoy and Teddy Lehman.

And I guess the Bucs have a lot of depth at quarterback, although everyone except Garcia is very mediocre.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm

Sooo....this will probably be temporary with all the draft picks coming up...

QB - Pats, Colts
RB - Vikings, Chargers
FB - ?
WR - Cowboys, Pats [still deep w/o Stallworth]
TE - Chargers, Cowboys
OL - Vikings, Packers, Browns
DL - Vikings, Titans, Ravens
LB - Bears, possibly the Seahawks
CB - Raiders, Eagles
S - ?
K - Colts, Packers
P - Raiders
Special Teams - Bears, Browns

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
I think the only the thing the Buccaneers have a fighting chance at claiming the best at is linebacker. Derrick Brooks, Cato June and Barrett Ruud are all great starters. As back-ups you have Ryan Nece who is a jack-of-all trades, promising youngsters Quincy Black and Adam Hayward, special teamer Antoine Cash, and FA signees Matt McCoy and Teddy Lehman.

And I guess the Bucs have a lot of depth at quarterback, although everyone except Garcia is very mediocre.
well, i my thinking was the the bucs like....4 backups would all be top backups on a of other teams.

and i might say the bears have LB down pat. hillenmeyer-urlacer-briggs makes for a great starting 3. jamar williams was slated to replace briggs if he left as a FA and he is highly touted by the coaching staff. Also, the drafted mike okwo last year and i hear he can play all 3 LB positions on the bears.

so i would be willing to wager that LB belongs to the bears
Old 04-03-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cardinals at WR

Fitz & Boldin > Moss & Welker

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

QB: Colts, Skins.

Sorgi and Todd Collins, dynamic duo.
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Sooo....this will probably be temporary with all the draft picks coming up...

QB - Pats, Colts
RB - Vikings, Chargers
FB - ?
WR - Cowboys, Pats [still deep w/o Stallworth]
TE - Chargers, Cowboys
OL - Vikings, Packers, Browns
DL - Vikings, Titans, Ravens
LB - Bears, possibly the Seahawks
CB - Raiders, Eagles
S - ?
K - Colts, Packers
P - Raiders
Special Teams - Bears, Browns
i would be willing to put the bears in as a potential on d-line. not so much DT since theres just a lot of question marks around everyone there cept for tommie harris, but at DE, they have alex brown, mark anderson, wally ogunleye and a 2nd round pick last year, dan bazuin
Old 04-03-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
QB: Colts, Skins.

Sorgi and Todd Collins, dynamic duo.
sorgi? seriously?
Old 04-03-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, anyone who says that the Giants don't have the best d-line in the leagues has got to be kidding themselves. =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
So, anyone who says that the Giants don't have the best d-line in the leagues has got to be kidding themselves. =D
haha, i didnt even notice they werent on there. yeah, they win that one
Old 04-03-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Cowboys can rank in TE's but thats about it, LB maybe but we just have alot of bodies, but its always nice when you have guys like Carpenter and Burnett on the bench, granted we dont have any elite backers outside of Ware but as far as depth is concerned we are up there...

Gotta give the Giants D line, because they are talented and super deep, corners and safeties id have to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

i would throw the bears name towards CBs too. maybe not the most top end players, but good ones that fit what they do and also super deep.

vasher and tillman are a good pair of starters when healthy and ricky manning is a great option at #3. trumaine mcbride also looked decent at times last year and got some good experience due to injuries
Old 04-03-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ravens with their Defensive Line.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
Ravens with their Defensive Line.
Giants D-Line > Ravens D-Line

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we have to make a difference between DT and DE imo

The vikings are imo best at DT but one of the worst when it comes to DE

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns at tight end, they have two guys that could start (Winslow and Heiden) and an excellent blocker in Dinkins.

Giants aren't bad there as well.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez Clark and Greg Olsen are really nice too imo.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say the Jags are pretty good at running back.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Dez Clark and Greg Olsen are really nice too imo.
i second that
Old 04-03-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Browns at tight end, they have two guys that could start (Winslow and Heiden) and an excellent blocker in Dinkins.

Giants aren't bad there as well.
Eagles have 3 guys that could start at TE, none of them are even close to the talent level of Winslow though.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think QB should go to Falcons. I mean, we have the same chance at winning a game with our starting QB as our 3rd string QB.

Not many teams can say that.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Bears can say that!