Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:18 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Sooo....this will probably be temporary with all the draft picks coming up...

QB - Pats, Colts
RB - Vikings, Chargers
FB - ?
WR - Cowboys, Pats [still deep w/o Stallworth]
TE - Chargers, Cowboys
OL - Vikings, Packers, Browns
DL - Vikings, Titans, Ravens
LB - Bears, possibly the Seahawks
CB - Raiders, Eagles
S - ?
K - Colts, Packers
P - Raiders
Special Teams - Bears, Browns
Lechler is not the best punter in the league.....he plays in Oakland! Mr. Moorman has earned that honor imo playing in just about the worst conditions for a punter and still posting great numbers (altho he did have a down year last year. he nearly broke records the year before)
Old 04-04-2008, 06:20 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and while i am at it I will shout out the Bills ST, Bobby April has done an amazing job and should get HC looks imo. McGee and Parrish are threats to score every time they touch it and our coverage is amazing.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:31 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions could have a chance at WR... Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, Mike Furrey and Shaun MacDonald are a solid group. Cardinals have a good shot too, with the Fitz and Anquan Boldin....

Running back it's fair to say Chargers and Vikes win that one. Offensive lines I'd say the Colts, Browns and Cowboys. Defensive backs... no clue.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:56 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it really strange that the Bucs and their 213472459823745 QB's are touted as the 'best' QB unit. If only one of them who wasn't 38 years old would show they can be the QB of the future. Simms, Gradkowski, McCown, Griese, hell, even Jake the Snake, I'm looking at you guys.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:32 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If things would have went a little different than we would have the best safety duo but now we just have the best long snapper in the league, Ethan Albright baby.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:08 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If ******* up is a position then the Saints pwn.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:45 AM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

I think the giants rank towards the top at RB, TE and DE. And we do have two former first overall picks at QB, even though Carr sucks.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:46 AM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

I think the giants rank towards the top at RB, TE and DE. And we do have two former first overall picks at QB, even though Carr sucks. Not to mention two good FBs in Hedgecock and Finn coming back from injury.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:49 AM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Have people forgotten Michael Turner is now a Falcon? The Chargers have LDT but who's his backup the mighty midget darren sproles?
Old 04-04-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
I find it really strange that the Bucs and their 213472459823745 QB's are touted as the 'best' QB unit. If only one of them who wasn't 38 years old would show they can be the QB of the future. Simms, Gradkowski, McCown, Griese, hell, even Jake the Snake, I'm looking at you guys.
well my thinking on that was that you have a decent starter in garcia who was a pro bowler last year right?

then behind him you have like 4 guys as backups who could all be first backups with a lot of teams and some could even compete as starters maybe...

so i figured if you added up the potential value of them all, it would rank pretty high vs. most teams
Old 04-04-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Seanhawk
Rookie

Seanhawk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Seanhawk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
seattle has 2 great starters in peterson and tatupu but im unaware of any good depth there...
Leroy Hill > Julian Peterson. Peterson completely disappears in far too many games and did not deserve the Pro Bowl nod this year, IMO. Sure, he had 9 sacks, but I think 6 of them came in two games against the Niners. I just think he got in because of past play and the lack of any other options.
Seanhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanhawk View Post
Leroy Hill > Julian Peterson. Peterson completely disappears in far too many games and did not deserve the Pro Bowl nod this year, IMO. Sure, he had 9 sacks, but I think 6 of them came in two games against the Niners. I just think he got in because of past play and the lack of any other options.
And thats why Boley deserved a Pro Bowl. *is still upset*

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe im just a homer but I'll take the Packers at WR.

Donald Driver- 15 Games, 82 Rec, 1,048 Yards, 2 TD
Greg Jennings- 13 Games, 53 Rec, 920 Yards, 12 TD
James Jones- 16 Games, 47 Rec, 676 Yards, 2 TD
Koren Robinson- 9 Games, 21 Rec, 241 Yards, 1 TD
Ruvell Martin- 15 Games, 16 Rec, 242 Yards, 4 TD

I know stats dont mean everything in the world but 1 stat that really matters is YAC and the Packers WR'S were the best at it.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

qb - Pats
RB - Vikings
OL - Patriots
WR - Pats
TE - Cowboys
DL - Giants
LB - Packers
CB - Oakland
Safety - Ravens
Old 04-04-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are you guys listing starters only? he said depth(back ups) as well....
Old 04-04-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Why are you guys listing starters only? he said depth(back ups) as well....
Just because a team has depth doesn't mean that the team is best at each position. If we are going depth, the Giants can arguably be the best at QB with a reigning Super Bowl MVP and a former #1 overall as his back-up. But are the Giants QBs the best? No. I would easily take the Colts or Pats QB situations before the Giants.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post

I know stats dont mean everything in the world but 1 stat that really matters is YAC and the Packers WR'S were the best at it.
It's pretty crazy how many times Greg Jennings got in the endzone this year, 10 more than Driver but 29 less receptions.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
If we are going depth, the Giants can arguably be the best at QB with a reigning Super Bowl MVP and a former #1 overall as his back-up.
David Carr still isn't a very good backup, Tim Couch was a former #1 overall pick too... I get what your saying though.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post

Yup thats clearly a homer pick.

IMO it has to be the Pats.

Randy Moss got rated the #2 best WR of all time by ESPN and had maybe the best WR season in the history of the game this year?
Wes Welker had over 100 catches, 1100 yards and 8 TD's (other than Jennings, Welker had the same amount of TD's as the next 3 best WR's for the Packers combine.)

Donte Stallworth is betetr at this point in his career than the #3 for the packers
Jabar Gaffney > the packers #4

Randy Moss > Donald Driver
Wes Welker > Greg Jennings
Donte Stallworth > James Jones
Jabar Gaffney > Koren Robinson

and this doesnt count RD1 pick Chad Jackson who has been hurt.

Its just clearly the Pats over anyone.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers-D-line and WRs,K
Old 04-04-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
IMO it has to be the Pats.

Donte Stallworth
Stallworth was signed by the Cleveland Browns this offseason.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Stallworth was signed by the Cleveland Browns this offseason.
Funny considering he is a Browns fan. You would think he would know that about the Pats.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post

Wes Welker > Greg Jennings
Donte Stallworth > James Jones
Jabar Gaffney > Koren Robinson

and this doesnt count RD1 pick Chad Jackson who has been hurt.

Its just clearly the Pats over anyone.
Ok lets fit this

Wes Welker - Greg Jennings
Jabar Gaffney < James Jones
Chad Jackson < Koren Robinson
Kelley Washington < Ruvell Martin

Moss over Driver thats a given...

Jennings - Welker heres why there eqaul.. In 4 years....
Welker has 208 Rec, 2296 Yards, 9 TD, missing 1 game
In 2 years....
Jennings has 98 Rec, 1552 Yards, 15 TD, missing 5 games
So if you want to go by stats Jennings will be more productive in that same amount of time then Welker. Also if Jennings would have touch the ball 112 times like Welker he would have had 112 Rec, 1947 Yards, and 25 TDs.

Jones over Gaffney, Jones is a rookie and was already more productive then Gaffney last year who has been around 5 years longer

Robinson over Jackson, Jackson is hurt and hardly plays and has proven nothing.. Robinson has had his year in 2002 with 78 Rec, 1240 Yards, 5 Td... drinking problems really hurt his career but appears to be turning a corner hopefully... Robinson was more productive last year then Jackson (who at this point is a bust) has been in his 2 years. He only played in 9 games and was the 4th WR.

Martin over Washington, Washington didnt do sqaut last year and Martin still puts up good numbers in 2 years playing in 28 games.. 37 Rec, 600 yards, 5 Td despite being the 5 WR.

Stats dont mean all that much all the team but the Packers WR's were the best in the NFL in yards after the catch.

Its close but i would take the Packers over the Pats WR's...Some of you may think im being a homer but im not Moss and Welker over Driver and Jennings but as a whole there is no way im taking there 5 over our 5 but thats just me.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing is for sure on paper Raiders take corner followed closely by the Eagles.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green bay definately has the best ROC recievers

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote