Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So ur saying every receiver would have gained 1000 yards, Welker never saw double coverage and was basically nothing?

i dont see any reason why i should argue with u, u obviously are blind because of ur homerism

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Wait you're seriously saying Smith is better than Moss?
Depends on if you want a receiver who shows up in the playoffs.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:00 AM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Funny considering he is a Browns fan. You would think he would know that about the Pats.
I was the one that made the Stallworth thread when he was signed, Im pretty sure I know he was signed by the Browns.

I was looking back at last years WR's because you cant judge this years groups until there proven. People tend to look at the potential of a WR from last year and automatically think they will improve and make a corps look better.

Example:

Randy Moss did not improve the Raiders, but made the Pats the best WR's team.

It should have been clear after mentioning last years stats that I was talking about last year?

I cannot rate a teams WR's in 2008-09 until the draft is complete.

Last edited by DawgBone : 04-05-2008 at 10:03 AM.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be willing to throw the Jets name out there for the backfield.

Jones, Washington, Chatman, Richardson, Tutt (great special teamer). If we get McFadden then we win that hands down.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmm when McFadden proves he is not fluke prolly. But AP and CT are a mad combo

Old 04-05-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Atlanta Falcons have the best..... nevermind i cant think of anything
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the end of next season the Bills will have the best runningback tandem in the league.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post

Jones, Washington, Chatman, Richardson, Tutt (great special teamer). If we get McFadden then we win that hands down.
IMO I would rather have Peterson and Chester Taylor, and also Fred Taylor and MJD over the Jets backs even if they have McFadden.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
By the end of next season the Bills will have the best runningback tandem in the league.
I dont even think they will have the best RB tandem in their division. Why are Bills fans so in love with Marshawn Lynch? He really didnt have any stand out games last year other than the Bengals game. He was very lucky to even break 90 yards a game and he usually had 20 carries. He didnt exactly offer lots in the receiving game either. I hate to point it out but usually sophmore running backs have bad slumps.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
Peterson > Lynch
Taylor > Jackson

I'm willing to bet it'll still be that way after next season.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah theres no way the Bills are gonna be better then Peterson/Taylor tandem.
Turner/Noorwood may even be better then the Bills
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
yeah theres no way the Bills are gonna be better then Peterson/Taylor tandem.
Turner/Noorwood may even be better then the Bills
I would honestly take Turner and Norwood over the Bills RB's.

Lynch needs to prove he can rush for more than 90 yards a game while getting 20 carries before I praise him like the Buffalo fans do. hes lucky he had the Cincy game this year to pad the stats.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have no idea how hard-fought each and every yard Marshawn Lynch gained last year was.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
TyronePoole38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post

If the Jets did get D-Mac they still wouldn't win anything until D-Mac proves himself at the next level. What you just said is like a Saints fan saying the same about the Saints backfield after they got Bush. Bush still hasn't proved to be worth his pick as a RB...he has been gret as a receiver and creating mismatches but he still has left a lot to be proven as a runner.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
You have no idea how hard-fought each and every yard Marshawn Lynch gained last year was.
They have a very solid OL fit for the run game, it shouldnt have been any harder than the next guy.

So because Lynch had a hard time it makes it ok? Does every mediocre RB that had a hard time get a pass? This is the NFL every run is hard fought unless your playing the Browns, Bengals, or Dolphins. Wait? Lynch played all 3 of those teams....

he also played very tough deffenses, but who doesnt? This is the NFL no crying or excuses.

Last edited by DawgBone : 04-05-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
I would honestly take Turner and Norwood over the Bills RB's.

Lynch needs to prove he can rush for more than 90 yards a game while getting 20 carries before I praise him like the Buffalo fans do. hes lucky he had the Cincy game this year to pad the stats.
And Turner needs to prove he can be a good RB for a good period of time without LT

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys thats why I said by the end of next season. Look last season the Bills didnt even have a fullback. Hopefully we will draft a fullback, and our young line is just going to get better. Jackson had over 5 yards a carry. Lynch is a monster, he gets an extra yard after contact. Mark my words, Lynch and Jackson will have more yards than Peterson and Taylor. Mark it down

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
And Turner needs to prove he can be a good RB for a good period of time without LT
Most people would a gree he can do that..........on an average team...he wont get that with ATL IMO.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Wait you're seriously saying Smith is better than Moss?
I'm saying the two are comparable in what they can do for an offense.

I've acknowledged in the past that Moss is the better receiver in most facets of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
So ur saying every receiver would have gained 1000 yards, Welker never saw double coverage and was basically nothing?

i dont see any reason why i should argue with u, u obviously are blind because of ur homerism
What I'm saying is that Welker gained 1,000 yards and caught so many passes in large part because of his receiving cast. You can't tell me that he went from 600 yards receiving to 1,100 because he matured as a player. Its the same welker we've seen for the past three seasons just with better opportunity to make a play.

I'm not saying he's a bad receiver or even a product of the system, I'm saying he's not an elite receiver just because he gained 1,000 yards. I'm saying I think he as a player is on the same level as most number 2 receivers in the league and that he's not a number one who just happens to be playing with Moss explaining his position on the depth chart.

I'm not the one who's blind, none of you dolts who're so quick to call me a homer noticed that I even said "The pats have the better receiving corp"

My point is that the difference between Moss, Welker and (ugh) Gaffney isn't that great when compared to Smith, Muhummad and Hackett in terms of production capability and their skills as a unit.

Last edited by BlindSite : 04-05-2008 at 06:26 PM.
BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you please stop bringing Muhammed's name up in this thread like he's 28 years old still, it doesnt count if you have a WR that used to be good...Did you watch him at all last year? Your not getting the same wr that went to a pro bowl before so how about you stop bringing it up like its relevant, he's old, slow, not going to run past anyone anymore, he's a solid possession WR, same for Hackett, a solid possession WR that cannot stay healthy...Steve Smith is the best WR in the game, but just because you have him doesnt mean that automatically makes your WR group good, its actually just average at best...Muhammed isnt going to sniff 1000 yds, nor is he anywhere close to being explosive, so its pretty pointless to bring him up and expect people to think the Panthers have a WR group that is scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm expecting around 600-700 yards from hackett and muhummad, that's easily enough to put the trio in the vicinity of 2500 between them. That puts them right around equal with the duo of Moss and Welker.

They're also stats both of them are capable at this point in their careers of reaching.

So yeah, they're in the same neighborhoods, as I have been pointing out all along.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I'm expecting around 600-700 yards from hackett and muhummad, that's easily enough to put the trio in the vicinity of 2500 between them. That puts them right around equal with the duo of Moss and Welker.

They're also stats both of them are capable at this point in their careers of reaching.

So yeah, they're in the same neighborhoods, as I have been pointing out all along.
Your hopeing that your trio can sniff the facinity of Moss/Welker the duo, and thats considered around equal?
Old 04-06-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
They have a very solid OL fit for the run game, it shouldnt have been any harder than the next guy.

So because Lynch had a hard time it makes it ok? Does every mediocre RB that had a hard time get a pass? This is the NFL every run is hard fought unless your playing the Browns, Bengals, or Dolphins. Wait? Lynch played all 3 of those teams....

he also played very tough deffenses, but who doesnt? This is the NFL no crying or excuses.
Did you see the Bills passing offense (or lackthereof) last year? It's amazing that Lynch was able to get what he did. If we could move some defenders out of the box to respect our passing game then Lynch would have a much better year. Although as Geo said, Lynch gets every yard that he can. If he didn't fall forward on every tackle like he does, he would probably have about 200 or so less yards.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Did you see the Bills passing offense (or lackthereof) last year? It's amazing that Lynch was able to get what he did. If we could move some defenders out of the box to respect our passing game then Lynch would have a much better year. Although as Geo said, Lynch gets every yard that he can. If he didn't fall forward on every tackle like he does, he would probably have about 200 or so less yards.
Another rookie named Adrian Peterson had an even worse passing situation and he managed fine?
Old 04-06-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Vikings Oline >>>>>>>>>> Bills Oline