Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC North Division Forum

AFC North Division Forum Discuss the AFC North

View Poll Results: AFC North QB's
Big Ben 38 43.18%
Carson 39 44.32%
Derek Anderson 4 4.55%
Steve McNair 0 0%
Brady Quinn 4 4.55%
Charlie Batch 0 0%
Kyle Boller 1 1.14%
Troy Smith 2 2.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
agree to disagree. It really is a treat to watch them go up against each other twice a year.
People will finally realise the North has some of the most talent in the league. We like to beat the hell out of each other every year but the North is easily one of the strongest divisions in the league. All 4 teams are stacked with talent.

Seems weird saying 4. I'm used to writing off the Browns.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:46 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Theres always the Trent Dilfer argument and that worked well for Ben's first two years where I think everyone will agree he wasn't asked to do nearly all the things most QBs have to do.

But Trent Dilfer never had a season like the one Ben had last year. Ben played amazing last year and was the reason we had 10 wins. With one of the worst lines I have ever seen from a Steelers team Ben had his best season. He completely ran the offense. Another year in the new system and added talent, Ben should do even better.

After they're both done, people will regard Ben as a better QB.
Sorry, out of the loop last week in Vegas... I agree with your post. I will say however, that I see the Big Ben / Carson debate going along the lines of the Brady / Manning debate. In the end, the QB that had the better team built around him will come out ahead and at this time, that would be Ben. If the Bengals ever build a mid level defense and (God willing) win a Super Bowl, this debate could easily swing the other way.
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
WinslowEdwards19
Rookie

WinslowEdwards19 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Carson, he is the golden boy, and in my mind a lot more talented than Big Benjamin.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You really cant go wrong with either Big Ben or Carson. I chose Ben because I am a homer and I love how he can make plays with his feet and his arm while Carson cant. Ben is a game manager, game breaker, and a play maker. Carson does have top notch tools of the quarterback position and he is a top 5 quarterback, but I think Ben is better. But if they were to switch teams, I wouldnt mind Carson on the Steelers, same as Bengal fans would like Ben on their team.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:47 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roethlisberger no hesitation.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:48 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

The third best QB in the league.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:33 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Ok I will take the lumps for not adding Joe Flacco in there at the beginning of last season. But I will still put Big Ben ahead of Carson... and I hope all the Bungals fans aren't still beating the carson palmer drum???
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Flacco lol. Looks like it's time for a new thread...
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Loggerhead
Rookie

Loggerhead hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Loggerhead hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Big Ben has 2 rings. The rest of the QB's in the AFC North have none. 'Nuff said.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:42 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggerhead View Post
Big Ben has 2 rings. The rest of the QB's in the AFC North have none. 'Nuff said.
Don't worry, this topic isn't old or anything, it wasn't created when BigBen only had one.

Oh,

wat?

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
Don't worry, this topic isn't old or anything, it wasn't created when BigBen only had one.

Oh,

wat?
Oh come on.. like the defense didn't have anything to do with the 1st one and the 2nd one?!
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if everything about the teams were equal, line, receivers, backs and D, I would take Carson by a hair, just because I like his style more. I wouldnt exactly be upset with Ben tho.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:42 AM    (permalink
banetzdererste
Rookie

banetzdererste hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I pick BigBen, because he is young, proven and a Superbowl Winner!

He can drive my Team to success

Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!
banetzdererste is offline   Reply With Quote