Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-05-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas
Default player you'd love in baltimore$

who are some of this years players you'd love the ravens to pick up?
for me..
leodis mckelvin, troy
kevin oconnell or josh j at QB
a reciever like keenan burton or donnie avery
calius campbell the superbeast

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
TheChandlerFlash

I'm not a big fan of smallish receivers. I like Josh Johnson though.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:52 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Johnson will end up a raven after the draft is done, the Ravens seem to like him.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:15 AM    (permalink
thetechnocrat

qb - Flacco, Henne, Brohm
wr - Paul Hubbard, James Hardy, Keenan Burton
cb - McKelvin, Talib
lb/de - Curtis Johnson, Jeremy Thompson
Old 04-06-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

Antwaun Molden - CB (possible 2nd rounder, should trade back to mid or late 2nd)
Josh Johnson - QB (possible comp. 3rd or 4th)
Justin King - CB (2nd rounder)
Erin Henderson - OLB (2nd rounder)
Ryan Clady - LT (1st)

if the first day had any combination of thses guys id be pretty happy

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedoobie View Post
Antwaun Molden - CB (possible 2nd rounder, should trade back to mid or late 2nd)
Josh Johnson - QB (possible comp. 3rd or 4th)
Justin King - CB (2nd rounder)
Erin Henderson - OLB (2nd rounder)
Ryan Clady - LT (1st)

if the first day had any combination of thses guys id be pretty happy
no justin king. if we get mckelvin in the 1st there would be no need for him. i like charles godfrey and brandon flowers more for a 2nd

also.. what about keon lattimore

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
Old 04-06-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
- Erin Henderson
- Antonie Cason
- Josh Johnson
- Jerod Mayo
- Taveres Gooden
- Marcus Smith
- Tracy Porter

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ill go with my favorite prospect and his position position.....

QB: Andre Woodson
RB: Jonathan Stewart/Keon Lattimore
WR: James Hardy
TE: Fred Davis
OT: Chris Williams
OG: Andrew Crummey
DE: Phillip Merling
DT: Dre Moore
LB: Erin Henderson
CB: Leodis McKelvin/Tracy Porter
S: Thomas Decoud

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordquas View Post
no justin king. if we get mckelvin in the 1st there would be no need for him. i like charles godfrey and brandon flowers more for a 2nd

also.. what about keon lattimore
well i really dont think we go Cb in the 1st, we could but we might not and i have Justin king as a first round grade and he probably has more shutdown potential then any of the corners in the draft so ill keep him on my list.
With a draft stacked with Rb prospects Lattimore is gonna fall and may be UDFA, and there are plenty of other backs id rather to be fully honest.

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Ill go with my favorite prospect and his position position.....

QB: Andre Woodson
RB: Jonathan Stewart/Keon Lattimore
OG: Andrew Crummey
CB: Leodis McKelvin/Tracy Porter
S: Thomas Decoud

Andre Woodson I havent heard alot about since like November... other than his throwing motion being a little poor what has happened to him ?????
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Andre Woodson I havent heard alot about since like November... other than his throwing motion being a little poor what has happened to him ?????
Poor workouts and he struggled big time at the Senior Bowl which has lead to concerns about him being a system QB.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring baby bro to play with Ray? he'll probably be a URFA and Ray will get him to come in.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What round is Andre Woodson looking to get drafted in now?

Old 04-07-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

mid 4th / early 5th i'd say

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
Old 04-07-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Damn, so he went from a possible Early 2nd Rounder to the Middle 2nd Day? That's a HUGE fall.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
mid 4th / early 5th i'd say
dude, are you for real? there is no freaking way andre woodson lasts until the 4th round...i mean i hate him, and think he has some serious mechanics issues, but a team with a good QB coach will snatch him up in the late 2nd/early 3rd at latest with the intention of turning him into a star (which definately could happen.) No wya he is there at the start of teh 4th round. just wont happen.

an interesting thing which i would love would be a trade for brady quinn. Lets face it, he wont see time anytime soon in cleveland. Hes a better QB then anyone in this draft. The only thing i would not be happy with would be giving up #8, and thats wat it would take to get him. And its not like the browns would give us a third rounder....they dont have ****. But hes someone id love to see in a ravens uni. I still maintain he wil be a much better QB, and ill put money on him being better then any QB from this draft class. Id loooooooove a trade for him, maybe this years 2nd, next years 2nd, and something else to sweeten the deal? savage knows our personnell and could ask for soemone he thinks will fit his system (bart scott would look good in a browns uni...well, hed look good in anything not a ravens uni)

I will do as ERU did, and say who i would like to see as a raven at each position in the draft...

QB: Josh Johnson
RB: Jamaal Charles
WR: Donnie Avery
OL: Ryan Clady
DL: Quentin Groves (he would dominate, if hes there in the 2nd i pray we jump on it)
LB:Erin Henderson/Groves as a 3-4 OLB
CB: Brandon Flowers (mayock is right about him, when u watch the tape, hes perfect for us. Think antoine winfield.)
S: Tom Zibowski (would be a perfect compliemtn for ed reed and light people up all day)
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

theres at least 5 or 6 QBs ahead of woodson.

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
Old 04-08-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Oh I don't think he is going to get drafted 1st day... with this little fanfare no way he makes it before the 4th.. I mean look at Troy Smith last year ?? He fell hard...
Old 04-08-2008, 12:50 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh I don't think he is going to get drafted 1st day... with this little fanfare no way he makes it before the 4th.. I mean look at Troy Smith last year ?? He fell hard...
thats because troy smith has no measurables...andre woodson has star potential to go along with damn near perfect QB mearusables, he just needs a coach to fix his mechanics, and then he could easily be the best QB in this class...hes the 4th best QB in this class IMO

1. Brohm
2. Ryan
3. Henne
4.Woodson

if a coach fixes his release, he can be an all pro QB...he could be what byron leftwich was supposed to be....you guys are all crazy if u think woodson will be there in round 4
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

My Favorites...

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Chris Johnson
TE: Dustin Keller
OG: Branden Albert
C: Mike Pollack

CB: Brandon Flowers
S: DaJuan Morgan
Old 04-09-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
thats because troy smith has no measurables...andre woodson has star potential to go along with damn near perfect QB mearusables, he just needs a coach to fix his mechanics, and then he could easily be the best QB in this class...hes the 4th best QB in this class IMO

1. Brohm
2. Ryan
3. Henne
4.Woodson

if a coach fixes his release, he can be an all pro QB...he could be what byron leftwich was supposed to be....you guys are all crazy if u think woodson will be there in round 4
Can't Cameron be that coach?
Old 04-09-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post

1. Brohm
2. Ryan
3. Henne
4.Woodson

Ill give you the measureables part.. but the intanglibes is what make a great QB... Woodson couldnt win the big game... Troy did great things in great games...played against TOP end Talent just like the SEC and won games, if you look at his WR's he was throwing to.. if you look at it another way.. Gonzalez went to INDY.. he had a good year from a GREAT QB, Ted Ginn went to Miami and had a not so good year with a poor QB. Now look back a year and both had GREAT years with a GREAT QB.. NOW its a stretch to look at it that way and don't think I am comparing Peyton and Troy Smith !? But good recievers look like superstars with a great QB so you have to look at the total package of what they have to offer not just Height Weight and 40 and how far they can throw a ball and a wonderlic test....
Old 04-09-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ill give you the measureables part.. but the intanglibes is what make a great QB... Woodson couldnt win the big game... Troy did great things in great games...played against TOP end Talent just like the SEC and won games, if you look at his WR's he was throwing to.. if you look at it another way.. Gonzalez went to INDY.. he had a good year from a GREAT QB, Ted Ginn went to Miami and had a not so good year with a poor QB. Now look back a year and both had GREAT years with a GREAT QB.. NOW its a stretch to look at it that way and don't think I am comparing Peyton and Troy Smith !? But good recievers look like superstars with a great QB so you have to look at the total package of what they have to offer not just Height Weight and 40 and how far they can throw a ball and a wonderlic test....
i agree fully...i think troy smith has teh ability to be an excellent QB, and i like him more then any Qb in this draft and i believe he deserves another year.

the argument was that andre woodson will slide to the 4th, simply because troy smith fell to the 5th...there is no way woodson falls to the 4th with his combination of measurables and production. it just wont happen.

and to answer bmoreblackbyrdz, yes cam cameron can be that coach. But i guarantee if we do draft woodson, it will not be in the 4th round.
Quote:
Old 04-09-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

exactly. why wouldnt troy smith be given a shot. we drafted him exactly for this purpose, to take over mcnair.

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
Old 04-10-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
theres at least 5 or 6 QBs ahead of woodson.
Not by my rankings......

1. Andre Woodson
2. Joe Flacco
3. Brian Brohm
4. Chad Henne
5. Erik Ainge

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote