Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:50 AM    (permalink
luee
Rookie

luee smells like sex panther.luee smells like sex panther.
Default First of the power rankings out, pre-draft

Some cred to the champs, none for the chefs. Why are the chargers ranked one, Norv Turner? Opinions.

http://www.walterfootball.com/analysis.php
luee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is stupid, to even do a ranking before the draft.... Giants didnt do anything last year (maybe signing a LB) and still won the SB

On the bright side, with Brian Griese gone, there will be no quarterback controversy. Then again, you can't have a quarterback controversy if you have no quarterbacks.

Dumb....Orton?

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 04-08-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:03 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Al Davis: Yawn... it's morning already? How long was I out for?

Assistant: Two years, sir. Do you want to look at the free agent list?

Al Davis: Sure! Whoa! Javon Walker's available!? Let's sign him!

Assistant: Umm... sir, I don't think that's a good idea... See, he's coming off an...

Al Davis: I'm calling up his agent right now! Let's make him such a huge deal that he won't even leave this city without signing! How's a $55 million contract sound?

Assistant: Not too good sir...

Al Davis: You're right! Let's make it $66 million!

Assistant: No sir! Don't do it!!! Noooo!!!!
LMAO :D Now thats good stuff

But pretty pointless to even do it right now....I dont know about having Green bay #5 ahead of us with a QB who has never started a game...yes he could be good, but I wouldnt them in front of good teams with proven qb's already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:20 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Pretty fair assessment of the Bills, right in the middle of the pack.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

All I have to say is the Al Davis thing is hilarious.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

W00t w00t. Can't be denied, a healthy Charger team rolling like it was by the end of last year has a huge chance of taking it all. Thank you, utterly pointless way-too-far-in-advance power ranking!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:09 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's got a lot of confidence is Aaron Rodgers to put that Packers that hight. I hope he's right.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah its way too early for one of these. i agree on his assessment of the Giants, our only key departure was Gibril, and our run wasn't just luck.

But disagree with some others. Dallas should be much higher. The biggest addition they made was Zach Thomas. That team desperately needed veteran leadership, particularly on defense, and Thomas brings them just that. Thats huge, every team needs that one guy.

I agree on San Diego as well, but one thing holding me back is, how healthy will Phillip Rivers be starting the season? It took McNabb until week 8/9 before he became himself again. If Rivers has to wait awhile before hes back, i don't like their chances.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
yeah its way too early for one of these. i agree on his assessment of the Giants, our only key departure was Gibril, and our run wasn't just luck.

But disagree with some others. Dallas should be much higher. The biggest addition they made was Zach Thomas. That team desperately needed veteran leadership, particularly on defense, and Thomas brings them just that. Thats huge, every team needs that one guy.

I agree on San Diego as well, but one thing holding me back is, how healthy will Phillip Rivers be starting the season? It took McNabb until week 8/9 before he became himself again. If Rivers has to wait awhile before hes back, i don't like their chances.
We can fill Wilson's spot with someone else. One thing Spags has showed is his ability to put the best 11 players out there. So if that means putting 3 safties out there when we are in the Dime, then so be it. We'd have 3 safties, Butler, Knight, and Johnson or rookie, and then 3 Cbs and AP at LB. Spag's ability to mix and match and put the best 11 out there regardless of position allows us to overcome some of our "weaknesses."
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
We can fill Wilson's spot with someone else. One thing Spags has showed is his ability to put the best 11 players out there. So if that means putting 3 safties out there when we are in the Dime, then so be it. We'd have 3 safties, Butler, Knight, and Johnson or rookie, and then 3 Cbs and AP at LB. Spag's ability to mix and match and put the best 11 out there regardless of position allows us to overcome some of our "weaknesses."
thats true, but we will still miss him in some ways. Spags runs a lot of nickel strong with 3 safeties, and he loved blitzing one of them. Anytime we're forced to keep James Butler on the field, thats a bad thing. And at the moment our starting safeties are either Knight and Butler, or Knight and Johnson, and we're only 1 deep on the bench in case one of the starting 2 gets injured. While we do put best availabe 11 on the field, we still stay within the general layout of certain packages. Although I can see us come out with 3 CB/1 safety sets. Ive seen us do that before. We might do more of that this year.

Im very confident in Knight playing Gibril's role very well this upcoming year. He's only a shortterm solution however, so we need to find someone in the draft, maybe even 2 guys in case we don't have faith in Johnson developing into a starter.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't say I like what he had to say about the Chiefs but a lot of it was correct. Having said that, most Chiefs fans knew that we wouldn't be targetting many people in free agency so we were already ready for a quiet offseason until the draft.

The line about Herm Edwards ruining LJs career is just stupid though.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
thats true, but we will still miss him in some ways. Spags runs a lot of nickel strong with 3 safeties, and he loved blitzing one of them. Anytime we're forced to keep James Butler on the field, thats a bad thing. And at the moment our starting safeties are either Knight and Butler, or Knight and Johnson, and we're only 1 deep on the bench in case one of the starting 2 gets injured. While we do put best availabe 11 on the field, we still stay within the general layout of certain packages. Although I can see us come out with 3 CB/1 safety sets. Ive seen us do that before. We might do more of that this year.

Im very confident in Knight playing Gibril's role very well this upcoming year. He's only a shortterm solution however, so we need to find someone in the draft, maybe even 2 guys in case we don't have faith in Johnson developing into a starter.
No spags, was high on Butler, he made all the calls on the field in the secondary according to one of the articles that interviewed Spags this offseason.

Also, we also had Ross as safety couple of times during the superbowl, so while moving him permenanetly is not an option, again the best 11 on that play against a certain formation will be on the field. It's his ability to be that creative is what helps make our defense very efficient.

Mind you each team has their own set of formation they want to use against our defense, and conversly based on what we see on tape of their formations they use against other teams, we will set our personnel accordingly. But whatever an opposing offense may show us, one general line of thinking will be there. That's 11 best on the field. And that's something I really love about spags. He is going to find a way to play guys and if that means putting them in different spots so be it.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
No spags, was high on Butler, he made all the calls on the field in the secondary according to one of the articles that interviewed Spags this offseason.

Also, we also had Ross as safety couple of times during the superbowl, so while moving him permenanetly is not an option, again the best 11 on that play against a certain formation will be on the field. It's his ability to be that creative is what helps make our defense very efficient.

Mind you each team has their own set of formation they want to use against our defense, and conversly based on what we see on tape of their formations they use against other teams, we will set our personnel accordingly. But whatever an opposing offense may show us, one general line of thinking will be there. That's 11 best on the field. And that's something I really love about spags. He is going to find a way to play guys and if that means putting them in different spots so be it.
We actually had Ross as safety several times during the regular season as well. But everytime you see that, its primarily zone coverage, probably a zone blitz. So while superficially he's playing "safety" its no different from playing zone defense as a CB for him either. We rarely ran that in base formations as well, primarily on obvious passing plays.

Ugh, unfortunately i heard about that, i just hate James Butler. He's terrible. Sammy Knight is also a heady safety so hopefully he'll take over that role as the guy who lines everyone up back there. Then we can use Johnson more, or whoever we draft. Im just not a fan of James Butler at all. Physically, there is nothing he does well at all. Nothing. Its like having 10 guys on the field when he's in there.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I really think Jerry Porter is going to surprise some people...just a hunch and my opinion, but I think he could have a breakout year.
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I actually saw him wandering around Gaslamp District with the fam the other day. He was wearing jeans so I don't know if there's a brace involved or what, but he looked like he was doing okay. He said he'll definitely be back for training camp and he's trying for the mini-camps. I don't know what he's telling the media these days, but I'm expecting him to be 100%.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing I worry about San Diego is .... LaDainian Tomlinson, shockingly enough. He is going to be 29 years old and has had more touches than just about anyone else. If he slows down, even if he still is productive, that will hurt the San Diego offense.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats my thing with san diego too. But if they keep a good line in front of him I think he should be fine. Or...
They might get caught in an Atlanta Falcons situation. They traded Schaub and then Vick goes to jail. I doubt LT goes to jail, but if he isnt productive next year then all they have behind him is the 190 pound Darren Sproles

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think AJ Smith will take a RB fairly early this year. They need to reduce Tomlinson's workload to keep him productive as the years go by.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy has no clue about the Broncos. While they aren't great, they aren't that bad.
Quote:
27. Denver Broncos (7-9) - Some might be shocked to see the Broncos ranked so low. Well, they haven't done anything to improve on their 7-9 record. In fact, they've gotten a lot worse. How? Where do I begin?

1Brandon Marshall's hurt. 2Javon Walker's gone. 3Matt Lepsis has retired. 4The offensive tackles are inexperienced. 5The center was horrendous with the Chiefs last year. 6There is still no pass rush. 7There is still no one who can stop the run. 8Boss Bailey sucks. Keary Colbert sucks even more. Jamie Winborn sucks more than both combined. 9D.J. Williams is still playing out of position. 10John Lynch is still starting at 36. 11Jason Elam is a Falcon. 12Chris Myers is a Texan. And Mike Shanahan's face will get more ruddy by the minute.
1. Brandon Marshall will be fine by the start of the regular season
2. Javon Walker hardly played last year and his knees seem to be pretty much shot
3. Lepsis was one of the worst LT's last year because of his injury that he never fully recovered from
4. While he isn't that great, Erik Pears has started 2 straight years. Thats a far cry from being inexperienced. Chris Kuper, the guy who is supposedly in line for a tackle job, started some last year. And besides, inexperience sure didn't hurt the Chargers with their OL now did it?
5. I guess its a good thing Tom Nalen is the starting center then, right? Because Weigman was only signed for veteran depth.
6. Which is why the Broncos spent 3 picks last year on the DL and they are developing the pass rush. Gotta see how Moss, Crowder and Thomas develop. Finally a somewhat true statement though because they do need help in the pass rush.
7. The biggest problem, mainly because the Broncos have no one at DT besides Marcus Thomas.
8. My, what analysis to just say 3 guys suck! Boss might not be the greatest LB, but the Broncos sure as hell aren't expecting him to be a Pro Bowler. Same with Keary Colbert, who will probably be a somewhat decent #2 WR in Denver. Jamie Winborn is a backup, so that comment is stupid to bring up.
9. DJ Williams is going to go back to playing the weak side position, the position he played his rookie year and excelled at.
10. While I believe Lynch should have retired, he can still play effectively when healthy. Nothing great, but he also provides great veteran leadership that hopefully transpires to help develop some youngsters the Broncos have.
11. I hated losing Elam, but **** happens. Maybe the Broncos will get lucky and hit on a rookie kicker though.
12. Meyers was a decent OL, but nothing spectacular. He probably would be a backup if he was still here.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I think AJ Smith will take a RB fairly early this year. They need to reduce Tomlinson's workload to keep him productive as the years go by.
Well, they didn't reduce Tomlinson's workload when Michael Turner was on the roster, LDT had more than the lion's share in that regard.

Also, Michael Turner was a late 5th round pick in 2004, and Darren Sproles was a late 4th round pick in 2005. I could very well seein them continuing along that trend by waiting until later on and picking someone up this year too, not to mention they've got Germaine Race and maybe someone else on the roster as possible considerations.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
We actually had Ross as safety several times during the regular season as well. But everytime you see that, its primarily zone coverage, probably a zone blitz. So while superficially he's playing "safety" its no different from playing zone defense as a CB for him either. We rarely ran that in base formations as well, primarily on obvious passing plays.

Ugh, unfortunately i heard about that, i just hate James Butler. He's terrible. Sammy Knight is also a heady safety so hopefully he'll take over that role as the guy who lines everyone up back there. Then we can use Johnson more, or whoever we draft. Im just not a fan of James Butler at all. Physically, there is nothing he does well at all. Nothing. Its like having 10 guys on the field when he's in there.

That's true about Ross, he basically is in zone hanging out there reading # 2 or #3 nothing to fancy.

LOL. Yeah Butler was playing injured as well, and interesting to see how he progresses this year. I'll be interested to see that, now what he had consistent playing time. If he doesn't get any better after this year, I would agree with you, in something has to be done.

LOL. He isn't that bad, he does show some flashes, but i want to see him healthy and play another year before making up my decision on him.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants need to strongly keep an eye on safety this Draft and UDFA afterwards even, they completely suck at the position.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Giants need to strongly keep an eye on safety this Draft and UDFA afterwards even, they completely suck at the position.
While there is need for improvement, I am sure we can hide it with a good pass rush. Hopefully our younger guys can develop, Butler, and Johnson. Knight may not be there physically where he once was, but I am sure he can get the other guys in position to make plays.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
The guy has no clue about the Broncos. While they aren't great, they aren't that bad.

1. Brandon Marshall will be fine by the start of the regular season
2. Javon Walker hardly played last year and his knees seem to be pretty much shot
3. Lepsis was one of the worst LT's last year because of his injury that he never fully recovered from
4. While he isn't that great, Erik Pears has started 2 straight years. Thats a far cry from being inexperienced. Chris Kuper, the guy who is supposedly in line for a tackle job, started some last year. And besides, inexperience sure didn't hurt the Chargers with their OL now did it?
5. I guess its a good thing Tom Nalen is the starting center then, right? Because Weigman was only signed for veteran depth.
6. Which is why the Broncos spent 3 picks last year on the DL and they are developing the pass rush. Gotta see how Moss, Crowder and Thomas develop. Finally a somewhat true statement though because they do need help in the pass rush.
7. The biggest problem, mainly because the Broncos have no one at DT besides Marcus Thomas.
8. My, what analysis to just say 3 guys suck! Boss might not be the greatest LB, but the Broncos sure as hell aren't expecting him to be a Pro Bowler. Same with Keary Colbert, who will probably be a somewhat decent #2 WR in Denver. Jamie Winborn is a backup, so that comment is stupid to bring up.
9. DJ Williams is going to go back to playing the weak side position, the position he played his rookie year and excelled at.
10. While I believe Lynch should have retired, he can still play effectively when healthy. Nothing great, but he also provides great veteran leadership that hopefully transpires to help develop some youngsters the Broncos have.
11. I hated losing Elam, but **** happens. Maybe the Broncos will get lucky and hit on a rookie kicker though.
12. Meyers was a decent OL, but nothing spectacular. He probably would be a backup if he was still here.
wow...there's nothing wrong with the broncos... all is good! Awesome. Good luck on that superbowl run then.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy to see the chargers at #1 but it might be stretching it a little...

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote