Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Because he plays for your team now?
I think Brandon Chillar is gonna be a HOFer now and who ever we sign to backup Rodgers will beat him out and throw 50 TD's

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

People are sleeping on the Ravens too much. I'm telling you Troy Smith will lead us to an undefeated season =D

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Let me just remind people of a couple of things about the Green Bay Packers and Aaron Rodgers.

1. Once upon a time, Aaron Rodgers was considered to be a potential first overall pick. FIRST OVERALL!!!!!!
2. In the short amount of playing time Rodgers had this past season, he looked pretty good.
3. What position are the Green Bay Packers weak? Cornerback? I can think of maybe four teams in the NFL with starting cornerbacks as good or better.

People assume that because they went 13-3 with Brett Favre that they can't possibly do that well without him.
Let me remind people a couple things about the Green Bay Packers and Aaron Rodgers.
1. Once upon a time Rodgers was passed up by 23 different teams, for no Reason?
2. Key word there... Limited. As in one half.
3. Cb a weakness? 4 teams better? Hmmm....

People assume that for good reason, it's Brett Favre.

Now, I for one feel that if Rodgers stays healthy he'll be fine. However, putting the Packers as the forth best team with first year starter is optimistic. Don't get me wrong, I expect good things from Rodgers and I feel with MM they can achieve it, but to think he'll replicate what Favre did last year( which was statistically one of his best) is expecting a lot.

As for the Vikings winning the division, the QB is still Jackson... You'd don't win divisions by having a QB that " just dosen't **** up". He better improve drastically and they better find a pass rush for them to win it, no matter who they have running the rock.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That website is teh sux0rz.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
People are sleeping on the Ravens too much. I'm telling you Troy Smith will lead us to an undefeated season =D
How is he going to lead when no one can find his midget ass in the huddle?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Eh, I don't even like Bennett as a third receiver, to be honest. They vastly overpaid for him, I hated that signing since day one.

I think the Rams could be very well served picking up a receiver in the Draft to develop, especially as they also have the constant headache of Torry Holt's knee(s). Maybe a Mario Manningham in the 2nd round, or say Keenan Burton in the 4th, I think he will make for a very good mid-round draft pick.
Bennett definitely didn't do anything to endear himself to Rams fans last year. I am willing to give him a chance to redeem himself though, not that I have a choice since he is signed for a long deal. I wouldn't worry too much about Holt's knees, he has barely missed any time his whole career. He just gets occassioanl nagging issues. With that being said, I definitely see the Rams taking a WR somewhere in 2nd-4th rounds.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
Just like he did in college, right? oops.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yahoo did Power Rankings a couple weeks ago...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Yahoo did Power Rankings a couple weeks ago...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
Well, I prefer the other one. Probably because the Chargers aren't number 1 here. :D
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
Well, I prefer the other one. Probably because the Chargers aren't number 1 here. :D
Shockingly, I prefer the Yahoo one, which, regardless of which one you prefer, was the real first to my knowledge. Anyone know of pre-March 24th rankings?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Let me remind people a couple things about the Green Bay Packers and Aaron Rodgers.
1. Once upon a time Rodgers was passed up by 23 different teams, for no Reason?
2. Key word there... Limited. As in one half.
3. Cb a weakness? 4 teams better? Hmmm....

People assume that for good reason, it's Brett Favre.

Now, I for one feel that if Rodgers stays healthy he'll be fine. However, putting the Packers as the forth best team with first year starter is optimistic. Don't get me wrong, I expect good things from Rodgers and I feel with MM they can achieve it, but to think he'll replicate what Favre did last year( which was statistically one of his best) is expecting a lot.

As for the Vikings winning the division, the QB is still Jackson... You'd don't win divisions by having a QB that " just dosen't **** up". He better improve drastically and they better find a pass rush for them to win it, no matter who they have running the rock.
The bears did last year with a QB that ****** up...

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're talking about 06 Grossman did **** up a lot actually...
Quote:
In a season dubbed as a "roller coaster ride" by Grossman himself, the fourth-year quarterback had several productive performances, which were seemingly diluted by a handful of turnover-ridden games. While earning a passer rating of at least 100 in seven games, he earned a sub 50 rating in five games during the latter portion of the season.
At that point their defense was flat out dominant and their running game was very good.

Now their offense is horrible, lacks upside, and they are depending on their defense to make a comeback.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Packer fans are getting a little too comfortable on the throne.

Minny and Chicago are both a good draft away from taking the division if Rodgers goes through growing pains.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Minny and Chicago are both a good draft away from taking the division if Rodgers goes through growing pains.
Indeed... the bigger they are the harder they fall.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I noticed that as well actually too. But to be fair it's split some are suprised by their success, but alot of posts by packer fans on various sites, which I read, back up what you're saying.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
wow...there's nothing wrong with the broncos... all is good! Awesome. Good luck on that superbowl run then.
Just you watch baby! 19-0, here we come!

Seriously, they aren't a bottom 5 team, not unless they get ravaged with major injuries.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Packman1957 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Even I got to admit that probably is a little high for the packers. I would actually say #8 or #9. But I suppose it all depends on how you think Rodgers will do. I think he'll be good. My question is can he stay healthy. That is what I am worried about the most. And considering we don't have a legit backup thats a little scary.