Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings: Tarvaris Jackson - He needs to have a great year this year in some peoples eyes. With Peterson and Berrian and Taylor he should have targets to succeed in the NFL. Could use a TE although.

Packers: Aaron Rodgers - The common pick, He has been on the bench for 3 years and Should perform well with the Receivers and the Running game he has inhertied.

Bears: Mark Bradley - He will be the #2 WR I think behind Marty Booker. With the lost of berrian to Minnesota someone will have to step up on the offense and I feel he is the man to do it

Lions: Leigh Bodden - Just a guess, I figure he is going to a team that needs help at the Secondary and he could perform well.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC View Post
I think your talking about Greg White or Jovan Haye.

Bucs - Mo Stovall
*Earnest Grahm Type Sleeper - Parris Warren
Saints - Robert Meachem, Bush
Falcons - Michael Turner, Chris Houston
Panthers - Deangelo since he finally gets to start, Hackett if he stays healthy

Redskins - Campbell, I always liked him
Jags - Mike Walker, UCF homer pick
49ers - Vernon Davis and Manny Lawson, all the physical talent in the world to work with
Cardinals - Steve Breaston
Patriots - Whoever is their new starting CB, Id like for it to be Merriweather
Jovan Haye. I like him alot. He is a beast.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I vote Ronnie Brown. He was looking good before he got injured last year and Parcells/Sparano should improve the o-line for him to have a big impact, especially with the uncertainty at QB.

Also I think Kamerion Wimbley could rack up sacks now that there's some guys on the line to keep the blockers off him.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Packers: Atari Bigby SS
Vikings: Brian Robison DE
Lions: Ikaika Alama-Francis DE
Bears: Greg Olson TE
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Colts: Freddy Keiaho - I know he made an impact last year, but he had to deal with injury issues most of the season. If healthy, I think he will play and have stats similar to some of the best LBs in the league, although he still won't get recognized for it.

Titans: Justing Gage - Both Gage and Roydell Williams got a decent amount of yards last year (750), but I think with his 6'4" frame Gage becomes a primary redzone target and developes into a reciever VY can rely on.

Jacksonville: Justin Durant - Looked good in his rookie year, should develope further as a starter and become an important part of a very good and physical defense.

Houston: Sage Rosenfels - Looked like a competent back up in the games I saw and I just don't think Schaub will stay healthy, I'm not even sure Schaub is better than him.
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NY Giants - Steve Smith

Had to weight between Ross & Webster who both played well but to an extent already broke out, then Bradshaw came to mind because he could see alot of work if Jacobs goes down, but I think Smith is ready to increase his role in the offense opposite Burress...Toomer is still there but getting up their in age, and with how Smith played down the stretch he should make a pretty big impact this year and show he can be a great #2 WR.

Washington Redskins - Laron Landry

I guess its somewhat of an easy pick but no one else came to mind, and last year he split time at SS and FS, next year he should be a full time FS playing Taylors old role and he showed he has incredible range, will lay the hit on anyone and is a serious playmaker, he hasnt arrived yet so I expect a huge pro bowl type season for him.

Philadelphia Eagles - Reggie Brown

Yes they will probably add another WR, but Brown has alot of tools to really be a productive guy in their system with McNabb at qb, he got off to a slow start last year but finished strong, I dont see any reason why he cant notch 1,000 yds and 6 tds which I would consider "breaking out"

Dallas Cowboys - Kevin Burnett

Surprise pick for my Boys but I see big things for Burnett who is very under appreciated... Im expecting Akin to still be traded or out of the picture, and Burnett should be backing up Zach Thomas but will see alot more snaps to keep ZT fresh, its his contract year and I believe he wants to play hard to make sure he comes back...He's a great nickel backer, and honestly I'd really love for him to start inside next to Bradie next year, he deserves it, his play has been alot more consistent and productive then Akin, and he's fast and athletic with some speed to cover TE's, he will be on the field alot more this year and I expect him to become a playmaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
luee
Rookie

luee smells like sex panther.luee smells like sex panther.
Default Giants- Ahmad Bradshaw

Hard to believe he barely played until the last two games of the regular season.

Eagles-Bradley only young talent on the team

Skins-better hope it is Campbell, they need a QB to finally lead the way.

Cowboys-Spencer, a lot of young talent but he is your classic 2nd year player.

Cowboys and Giants are two of the younger teams in the League.

Last edited by luee : 04-12-2008 at 07:45 PM.
luee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers: Craig Davis

Raiders: Justin Fargas

Chiefs: Brodie Croyle

Broncos: Ian Gold (moving to strong side)

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

49ers: Manny Lawson
Rams: Adam Carriker
Seahawks: Zero Man
Cards: Braynt Johnson (lol)
Old 04-12-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders: Thomas Howard

Chargers: Buster Davis

Broncos: Jay Cutler

Chiefs: Brodie Croyle
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers: Vernon Davis

Seahawks: Leroy Hill

Rams: Tye Hill

Cardinals: Matt Lineart

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:45 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i strongly believe that FS Josh Bullocks will break out. he will have 3 INT , some good hits , about 60 Tackles and a few pass break ups. after that he will be resigned and switches to SS ( were he is better suited for ) so harper can battle for SS backup or starting FS with another guy ( doubt it )
Old 04-13-2008, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Buccaneers, I'd have to go with Paris Warren (more of a hope thing than anything though) because I am a huge fan, and Jovan Haye too.

Panthers - Richard Marshall (even more so than what he has done)
Falcons - Laurent Robinson
Saints - Usama Young (if he gets more playing time)

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:10 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Eagles - Stewart Bradley
Giants - Ahmad Bradshaw
Cowboys - Marcus Spears
Redskins - Carlos Rogers
Carlos Rogers probably wont play this season
Old 04-13-2008, 10:04 AM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
Buffalo: John McCargo or Paul P.

Pats:Ellis Hobbs CB
Phins: Abraham Wright OLB
Jets:no1 really
Seems how the Jets need like 8 players to breakout, you think they are gonna go 0-16. Nice.

Clemens
D'brick
Kenyon Coleman
Brad Smith
Strong Saftey
ILB
#6th draft pick.

Just a few.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:14 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
Seems how the Jets need like 8 players to breakout, you think they are gonna go 0-16. Nice.

Clemens
D'brick
Kenyon Coleman
Brad Smith
Strong Saftey
ILB
#6th draft pick.

Just a few.

only person i could see breaking out for the jets, would be David harris, but he broke out last year

stop complaining and get swept by buffalo again
Old 04-13-2008, 10:28 AM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
only person i could see breaking out for the jets, would be David harris, but he broke out last year

stop complaining and get swept by buffalo again
Sorry for your disabilities. Wait... you are ******** right? Oh god, I insulted a ******. My apologies.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sorry for your disabilities. Wait... you are ******** right? Oh god, I insulted a ******. My apologies.
just because u dont agree me with me doesnt make me a ******
Old 04-13-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

Quote:
just because u dont agree me with me doesnt make me a ******
You cant name a Jet, who MIGHT breakout. Its not hard. You can pick any of the 22 starters. Hell 23, we need a punter.

But youre probably right. Were doomed for the next couple seasons with this roster, after all we did get swept by Buffalo.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants: Ahmad Bradshaw, and Sinorice Moss(well at least I hope so;))
Boys: Marcus Spears
Skins: Jason Campbell
Eagles: idk

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
Carlos Rogers probably wont play this season
Ok, I'll take Rocky McIntosh as the breakout player then.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You cant name a Jet, who MIGHT breakout. Its not hard. You can pick any of the 22 starters. Hell 23, we need a punter.

But youre probably right. Were doomed for the next couple seasons with this roster, after all we did get swept by Buffalo.
i did say David Harris

but he techiniqually already broke out

i cant see anyone else on that Defense really break out.....
offense is horrible, with no passing game and no QB

but just so u stop crying....ill go ahead and say Mike Nugent
Old 04-13-2008, 10:49 AM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i did say David Harris

but he techiniqually already broke out

i cant see anyone else on that Defense really break out.....
offense is horrible, with no passing game and no QB

but just so u stop crying....ill go ahead and say Mike Nugent
Why is it that the one with a differing opinion is always crying. And Mike Nugent broke out a while ago, sooo, u lose.

And Clemens will be better than any QB u put on the field, for a while.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts:

Hmm, most of the starters return but I'll say a healthy Tony Ugoh for hopefully a full season will be a nice little breakout.

Jags:

Jason Durant was one of my favorite players of the last draft. Love him and his athleticism so I would definitely keep my eyes out on him. I'll even throw out the name Matt Jones at this point though I probably am wrong.

Texans:

Matt Schaub.

Titans:

Hmm, an interesting one. I would say Roydell Williams or even Vince Young but unsure. Let's go with Roydell for the time being.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers- LaMarr Woodley/ Anthony Smith/ Chris Kemoeatu

Ravens- Jared Gaither/ Ronnie Prude
Browns- Brandon McDonald
Bengals- Jonathon Joseph