Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Dude you guys were the only team to lose to my Dolphins last season. Your picking in the top 8 in the draft and you've done nothing to get better.

That means you are not allowed to complain about anyone's predictions on your team. You are worse then the worst. Until you come out next season and prove something on the field, your team sucks.
They guys who should be complaining are the Dolphins fans. Of all the terrible teams the league has seen, a team hasn't repeated with the worst record since the 93-94 Bengals.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how could they make a mock draft before the 08 one occurred? most of these picks will be dumb after this year draft.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might feel a little sick if we fired John Fox for Mike Martz.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For real! The nerve of the man to be creative, and give the casual reader players to be looking out for! I mean, it's not going to be accurate! And we all know Mocks made during the season or so will be waaaaay more accurate than his! Calais Campbell is still a guaranteed Top 10 pick, right? I guess he doesn't understand that Mocks created a month before the Draft or less are the only Mocks which have a chance of being useful or relevant...

Everybody realizes that casual sports fans read FOXsports, ESPN, and other media sites too, and that it's not just fans who know a great deal about it like we do, right? What seems to be pointless to us may actually be very interesting or entertaining to someone who doesn't understand the Draft and how it works. Only natural for someone who's curious to seek new information and opinion. I guarantee that, "Pre-View of the 2009 NFL Draft!" will get more hits on April 13th, 2008 than "Pre-View of the 2008 NFL Draft!" will on ESPN's site. He's definitely going to be wrong on many things, but around to the '09 Draft, will anyone be creating a "LOLz! Tom Marino fails to predict '09 Draft!!!" thread? So who cares? Writers do it every year, and I'll keep reading.

As for his take on the Titans, MLB could be addressed, though his reasoning for it is off. The Titans haven't invested in an elite MLB because of the frequency of our DEF having to be in a Nickel DEF. It's been that way for the past 10 years, and it won't change due to a Playoff loss. But, it could very well be the pick, tho I'd prefer Maualuga. Oh, and nice to see Floyd Reese back in the NFL.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 04-13-2008 at 08:05 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
For real! The nerve of the man to be creative, and give the casual reader players to be looking out for! I mean, it's not going to be accurate! And we all know Mocks made during the season or so will be waaaaay more accurate than his! I guess he doesn't understand that Mocks created a month before the Draft or less are the only Mocks which have a chance of being useful or relevant...

Everybody realizes that casual sports fans read FOXsports, ESPN, and other media sites too, and that it's not just fans who know a great deal about it like we do, right? What seems to be pointless to us may actually be very interesting or entertaining to someone who doesn't understand the Draft and how it works. Only natural for someone who's curious to seek new information and opinion. I guarantee that, "Pre-View of the 2009 NFL Draft?" will get more hits on April 13th, 2008 than "Pre-View of the 2008 NFL Draft?" He's definitely going to be wrong on many things, but around to the '09 Draft, will anyone be creating a "LOLz! Tom Marino fails to predict '09 Draft!!!" thread? So who cares? Writers do it every year, and I'll keep reading.

As for his take on the Titans, MLB could be addressed, though his reasoning for it is off. The Titans haven't invested in an elite MLB because of the frequency of our DEF having to be in a Nickel DEF. It's been that way for the past 10 years, and it won't change due to a Playoff loss. But, it could very well be the pick, tho I'd prefer Maualuga. Oh, and nice to see Floyd Reese back in the NFL.
No one could look at the Titans playoff loss and think their defense truly failed them, could they? They need playmakers on offense in a bad way.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen
No one could look at the Titans playoff loss and think their defense truly failed them, could they? They need playmakers on offense in a bad way.
I don't think anyone would think that the Titans DEF lost the game for us, but playmakers on offense was the case last year, its the case this year, so I hope it's not an immediate problem next Draft too. It's actually refreshing to see "MIKE costs them in the end" than "Poor receivers cost them in the end." Also, heading into the '07 Draft the Titans had one of the Bottom 5 DEF's in the league, yet heading into the '08 Draft we have one of the Top 5 DEF's in the league. Point is that we can never predict how our own teams will do or how things will turn out, so how can I sit here and criticize him for an article that he obviously did for poots and giggles?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wheres guys like Crabtree, Sam Bradford, Knowshon Moreno, Granger and Loadholt at? George Selvie should be up there too. Seems like he's missing quite a bit of prospects.

And I think Harrell wont be 1st round, he'll be seen as a system QB. Also, Id take Spiller ahead of James Davis.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Crabtree, Bradford, and Moreno are all sophomores, if I'm not mistaken. They won't be available until '10. As for Loadholt, I have no clue, but he had many mixed reviews, on these boards at least. Dunno who the Granger player is, but I agree with Selvie. George Selvie and Michael Johnson may be the top pass-rushing DE's next season.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think anyone would think that the Titans DEF lost the game for us, but playmakers on offense was the case last year, its the case this year, so I hope it's not an immediate problem next Draft too. It's actually refreshing to see "MIKE costs them in the end" than "Poor receivers cost them in the end." Also, heading into the '07 Draft the Titans had one of the Bottom 5 DEF's in the league, yet heading into the '08 Draft we have one of the Top 5 DEF's in the league. Point is that we can never predict how our own teams will do or how things will turn out, so how can I sit here and criticize him for an article that he obviously did for poots and giggles?
Yeah, good points all. Taking these things at anything more than face value is definitely a waste of time.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranadwaney View Post
Why do a mock draft of 2009 when the 2008 draft hasn't yet taken place? Also everything will change during the year.
So what?
Then why do mocks today of the 2008 draft?

RELAX & ENJOY !!!!
This isn't bloddy England, this is America baby!
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

Quote:
Crabtree, Bradford, and Moreno are all sophomores, if I'm not mistaken. They won't be available until '10.
They redshirted one season so they will be eligible.
Give the experts some credit dude. They know more than you do, or I do. They surely know the draft-eligibilty rules!
Old 04-13-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Dude you guys were the only team to lose to my Dolphins last season. Your picking in the top 8 in the draft and you've done nothing to get better.

That means you are not allowed to complain about anyone's predictions on your team. You are worse then the worst. Until you come out next season and prove something on the field, your team sucks.
I like the way you think Joey.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Three Ohio State players will not go in the first four picks. Also, Laurinaitis has a 0% chance of going #1 overall. Teams just don't value ILB that much, especially in a 3-4.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Three Ohio State players will not go in the first four picks. Also, Laurinaitis has a 0% chance of going #1 overall. Teams just don't value ILB that much, especially in a 3-4.
I was going to say that about Laurinaitis. A 3-4 ILB at #1? Forget about it.

Jenkins and Wells in the top 4, I can buy. But Laurinaitis is most definitely not the best LB available.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby
They redshirted one season so they will be eligible.
Give the experts some credit dude. They know more than you do, or I do. They surely know the draft-eligibilty rules!
Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks dude. Oh, and I did give the writer credit. I even defended the writer in an earlier post.

But, DJC pointed out that the writer left out some big names, so it led me to believe that they were inelligible, but I stated I could be wrong just incase. That was me again defending the writer by producing a reason to not including notable players. Though, I did agree that Selvie would have been a good choice in the writer's Draft, but didn't say it was wrong not to have him.

I, um, think we're on two different pages... I've been defending Marino.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:41 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only question is: Who the hell is Gerald McRath?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:43 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
My only question is: Who the hell is Gerald McRath?

No, clue apparently another hidden gem LB from Southern Miss.

Here is his bio.
http://southernmiss.cstv.com/sports/..._gerald00.html

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:45 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would much rather have Alex Boone, Andre Smith, or Michael Oher if we have the top pick. I wouldn't even mind Brian Cushing, that guy is a stud!

I doubt we have the top pick next year though. I think it will be either the Chiefs, Bengals, or the Ravens.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 04-14-2008 at 02:47 AM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:49 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby View Post
So what?
Then why do mocks today of the 2008 draft?

RELAX & ENJOY !!!!
This isn't bloddy England, this is America baby!
Because we actually have a damn good look at a team's roster. See who just broke out. See who are too old to perform at a high level. Theres a huge change in a season.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

tjpackers needs more cowbell.

why would green bay take p.j hill yah he is great back and yah he would be a good combo with grant but i see us taking a CB or maybe a WR because of the ages of woodson, harris, driver
tjpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Enjoy Peterson, Raiders fans! :p
Yeah enjoy his "5 year plan"
Old 04-14-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.

mike martz...
xooberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Yuck. Right off the bat I was disgusted with the 3 Ohio St. players in the top 5. That's just not gonna happen.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone has missed the biggest problem, IMO. The Lions get the 20th pick in the draft, which means they made the playoffs, and then Millen gets canned.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Everyone has missed the biggest problem, IMO. The Lions get the 20th pick in the draft, which means they made the playoffs, and then Millen gets canned.
Yeah, neither of those things are gonna happen, unfortunately.