Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What playoff game other than the Super Bowl did you enjoy the most?

If there is a thread like this that already exists, than I apologize. Anyways, the premise is quite simple. Mention the game that you were most entertained by during this last postseason with the Super Bowl as the only exception. You can be detailed or you can just list your selection.

My favorite was the Jaguars and Patriots game. Going in, I thought New England would stomp on them and it wouldn't be close. However, they put up a very good fight and it looked like they really gave it a good shot. I also enjoyed Garrard's performance.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Easily the GB and NYG game. I might be biased, but that was by far the most entertaining game of the bunch.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:44 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really liked the GB NYG game as well. Brilliant till the very end.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:41 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the one where we spotted Seattle 2 touchdowns and then beat the stuffing out of them

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:57 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I'll go with the JAX-PITT game....Jacksonville was up by 14 going into the third quarter and let their lead slip down to being down by 1...

David Garrard scrambles 30 yards on a fourth down...to the steelers 13 yard line...with 15 seconds left on the clock...Josh Scobee kicks the winning field goal...!!!

Great moment...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:28 AM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green Bay vs Seattle. Brett Favre's shovel pass was amazing, and how they came back from 14-0 down, and the snow.
kiranadwaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya GB and NYG game. Ended great and the weather made it interesting.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants/Cowboys, all my friends are Cowboys fans and I had to do my best not to laugh as their team collapsed and they all bitched and moaned.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't want to say the Giants/Pack or Giants/Cowboys games bc im biased in this topic, so i guess outside of the Giants playoff games ill say the Steelers/Jags game.

I always love those games. Physical, close, smashmouth, its my kind of football.

Jacksonville almost choked that game.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:19 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought that most of the games this year were real good. Steelers/Jags if I had to choose one.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:27 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants/Packers, closely followed by Jags/Steelers.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:25 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Easily the GB and NYG game. I might be biased, but that was by far the most entertaining game of the bunch.
I had 1283182 heart attacks that game.. I thought I would never have any more... until the I saw the superbowl, and the heart attack count for me doubled!

But I actually liked Us vs Dallas.. I didnt think our injured secondary would hold against their offense.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I had 1283182 heart attacks that game.. I thought I would never have any more... until the I saw the superbowl, and the heart attack count for me doubled!

But I actually liked Us vs Dallas.. I didnt think our injured secondary would hold against their offense.
i know, i was worried to death about that. we had mo, larry and curly playing in the secondary that game, we were ridiculously injured.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:30 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hated the end of it, but the packers and the giants game was a very good game. I also thought the chargers and the colts was way better than i expected.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:30 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
i know, i was worried to death about that. we had mo, larry and curly playing in the secondary that game, we were ridiculously injured.
I was waiting for us to do something really different like put an offensive player out there and just say play center field. So that game means alot more to me, especially since it's a division rival, the cowboys, and because they beat us twice before.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I was waiting for us to do something really different like put an offensive player out there and just say play center field. So that game means alot more to me, especially since it's a division rival, the cowboys, and because they beat us twice before.
I wonder if Wade Phillips still believes "the better team lost"

What a clown. way to teach accountability to your players Wade.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jags/Steelers, i also like Colts/Charger

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:34 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've gotta say the Chargers taking it to the Colts.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:30 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I'll go with the JAX-PITT game....Jacksonville was up by 14 going into the third quarter and let their lead slip down to being down by 1...

David Garrard scrambles 30 yards on a fourth down...to the steelers 13 yard line...with 15 seconds left on the clock...Josh Scobee kicks the winning field goal...!!!

Great moment...
with three Steelers defenders getting held and not one yellow flag getting thrown!!!

i'm over it, really, i am. but still. the most BS non-call of the playoffs.

still a beautiful game. that was the best one. always is when those two teams play.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I wonder if Wade Phillips still believes "the better team lost"

What a clown. way to teach accountability to your players Wade.
I remember reading that right afterwards. He actually said some nice things, in the Myers article. Myers talked to all 4 coaches of the teams we beat. All of them had nice things to say.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
TyronePoole38

Browns/Bengals shootout from week 2 and the Texans/Titans from week 7
Old 04-14-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed the Eagles-Packers playoff game from 2003-2004 where the Eagles converted 4th & 26 with Freddie Mitchell, tied the game as time expired, then won in OT. I was at that game.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

tjpackers needs more cowbell.

watching the colts lose was good (even though watching the giants beat the pats was even better)
tjpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You joke about that, but my father (who is the Giants fan in the family) had to leave the room in the fourth quarter because he was afraid he was going to have a heart attack. He only saw the Tyree catch and the Plaxico catch on replays. :(
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
You joke about that, but my father (who is the Giants fan in the family) had to leave the room in the fourth quarter because he was afraid he was going to have a heart attack. He only saw the Tyree catch and the Plaxico catch on replays. :(
O man that sucks. My dad had a heart attack probably like 10-15 years back, but somehow managed to stay somewhat calm. I think the shock of it all kept things in check.

But I seriously kept pacing throughout the house. I'd go online, and then back to the room and watch a play, and then walk around, and come back into the room.

During the Packers-Giants game, I had to switch from the Matrix which happened to be on at the same time to the game, and back and forth. That game was the worst to watch.