Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

tjpackers needs more cowbell.
Default perfect two backs

who do you think would be perfect for a 2rb situation

i gotta say LT( he is just the perfect RB) AP(he sort of has it all hasn't totally proven himself to me)
tjpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT and Westbrook hands down...

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tough, depends on if you want the 2 best backs or a mix...

I'll go with Westbrook and Brandon Jacobs for the mix of power and speed. Hell, maybe Jacobs could play fullback and I could play'em both all the time....
Old 04-14-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ill be somewhat of a homer and say Westbrook and Barber although Barber or Jacobs would be sick with him and you can take your pick, that would be one pretty lethal RB combo...LT is a beast with anybody, so is AD, so thats no surprise with them, add anybody in a rotation with them and it will be pretty damn good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD and Westbrook FTW! :)
Old 04-14-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All everyone is going to do is take the 2 best backs in the league haha.

I guess if we're only allowed to use true RBC running backs, ie guys who split carries evenly with someone else, id use Marion Barber and DeAngelo Williams.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going with the crowd on this one and saying LT definetly would have to be one (unless we're building a franchise of some sort for the long-haul, then I'd replace LT with AP because LT is starting to get older).

I'd make Brandon Jacobs my second too. He can really pound the ball hard up the middle and he's big enough to play a little fullback and block for LT if they're both on the field.

Also, this is a little crazy and I don't know if it would work, but you could possibly pick up Kevin Faulk and LT and do really well depending on your QB. Kevin Faulk is basically a receiver, combined with LTs great hands you could put both on the field and 1) teams would never know if its a pass or run play 2) it would create waaaaaaay to many mismatches for defenses.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would go with LT and Seven Jackson both can do it all and Jackson is a good power back to compliment LT. This would be Sic!
Old 04-14-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly guys, and this is coming from a Giants fan...Brandon Jacobs isn't that great.

He's too big to fit through holes that aren't huge, he has poor vision, no first step, and no cutback ability. He's a glorified goalline back. I honestly rather start Bradshaw over him.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Honestly guys, and this is coming from a Giants fan...Brandon Jacobs isn't that great.

He's too big to fit through holes that aren't huge, he has poor vision, no first step, and no cutback ability. He's a glorified goalline back. I honestly rather start Bradshaw over him.
Agreed that he's not that great. But exceptional physical talents can do great things in this league - a lot of guys who are really fast at the combine get drafted because of that. I think this year Chris Johnson was the fastest and he'll get drafted purely on that speed. No one thinks he'll be the best running back (or WR as most people see him making a position change when he goes to the pros), but he will have extreme values because of his speed alone.

Brandon Jacobs is not a top-tier running back by any means, but he's in a class of his own because of the fact that he's the biggest running back in the league - and although bradshaw may be a better runner than Brandon Jacobs, he's not quite the blocker which also increases Jacob's value a lot.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Agreed that he's not that great. But exceptional physical talents can do great things in this league - a lot of guys who are really fast at the combine get drafted because of that. I think this year Chris Johnson was the fastest and he'll get drafted purely on that speed. No one thinks he'll be the best running back (or WR as most people see him making a position change when he goes to the pros), but he will have extreme values because of his speed alone.

Brandon Jacobs is not a top-tier running back by any means, but he's in a class of his own because of the fact that he's the biggest running back in the league - and although bradshaw may be a better runner than Brandon Jacobs, he's not quite the blocker which also increases Jacob's value a lot.
thats true. i will give Jacobs this, his mere presence on the field introduces a physicality to the game that intimidates opposing defenses and sets the tone for a physical game. thats one thing i like about him.

I think Bradshaw has a lot of potential on 3rd down though. If he can improve his blocking, which i have confidence he will, he can also be a tremendous threat to catch it out of the backfield. He reminds me of Brian Westbrook an awful lot, and with some development could wind up being a stud.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

i agree but he is smaller than jerome bettis and bettis still had 13,000 yards
Old 04-14-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going with one of BBD's picks, Marion Barber, and I'll take him with Westbrook. Barber runs harder than any NFL back in my eyes and he would really wear down defenses for Westbrook to make the big play, whether it be a run or pass.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we are going with backs that are already in RBC situations, then I would have to say Michael Turner and Jerious Norwood. Perfect lightning and thunder combination.

O wait.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:42 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

weight wise and height wise, Jacobs is bigger than Bettis. Jacobs carries his weight a lot better. Bettis was flabby. Bettis continuously weighed in right around 250 and if i'm not mistaken, Jacobs weighs like 264. and is 6'4.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

MJD and Westbrook
Old 04-14-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's crazy that the eagles could have actually drafted Barber or Jacobs and instead they picked freakin Ryan Moats. Of course Hindsight is 20 20.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marion Barber and Willie Parker

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

Adrian Peterson and Maurice Jones Drew great backs with a future
Old 04-14-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going with the three headed running back attack of

L.T. A.P and Westbrooke
Old 04-14-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adrian Peterson and Marion Barber. Hands down. It's silly how good Barber is in the 4th quarter.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
Adrian Peterson and Marion Barber. Hands down. It's silly how good Barber is in the 4th quarter.
Unless it's against the Giants.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joseph Addai and Marion Barber I think would be a great compliment.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adrian Peterson and Westbrook

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
It's crazy that the eagles could have actually drafted Barber or Jacobs and instead they picked freakin Ryan Moats. Of course Hindsight is 20 20.
Did he even get a chance to play? I don't even remember Moats playing at all...
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote