Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Westbrook w/ Larry Johnson
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD and Marion Barber III would be a great tandem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Unless it's against the Giants.
hahaha oh snap, marion really didnt impress me much against us this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Honestly guys, and this is coming from a Giants fan...Brandon Jacobs isn't that great.

He's too big to fit through holes that aren't huge, he has poor vision, no first step, and no cutback ability. He's a glorified goalline back. I honestly rather start Bradshaw over him.
i completely agree, but i think jacobs will get better if he can stay healthy, he really wears down defenses. I would too start Bradshaw.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

right now id say AD and Bradshaw, they both have great speed and power, both good in run and passing game, not sure how good AD is in pass protection but Bradshaw is pretty good for his size. Really nice young combo IMO

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-14-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

Steve Jackson and LT, or AP... Power and speed
Old 04-14-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

AP and LT would be the best one hands down

but my sleeper tandem would be Brandon Jacobs and Willie Parker, itd be tough to beat that combo of speed and power

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Ahmed Bradshaw would be part of the perfect 2 back system? I think we're stretching just a little bit now ;)
It would be for my personal preference of a two back system, yes.

As BBD eluded to, what's the point of everyone just saying AD and Tomlinson, or Tomlinson and Westbrook?
Old 04-14-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

if i really wanted a good two back system it would be LT and westbrook, but if i wanted a young and less expensive duo, it would definately be AD and Bradshaw. I like youth so AD and Bradshaw would be my picks

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-14-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marion Barber and Adrian Peterson. Defenses will be sorer than the Backs.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adrian Peterson and Larry Johnson

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that I would have to go with Adrian Peterson and Brian Westbrook which seems to be a pretty popular selection.

I just can't see how you wouldn't want AD's dynamic ground work and Westbrooks amazing pass catching ability in a two back system.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly see no way how anyone can go any other way than LT and AD.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Toneloc498
Rookie

Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.

I dont really think that Jacobs is overrated, by who is he overrated? No one says hes a top 10 back. In 11 games last year he averaged 91.7 yards per game, 3rd place behind LDT with 92.1 and Peterson with 95.8 yards per game. Not to mention he only played in the first quarter of the 1st game of the year (Dallas game), if you factored only .25 for that game it would be something like 98.4 yards per game (dont know what Petersons would be if he didnt get hurt in a few games) but even so 91.7 isnt too shabby at all. He was 13th in the league with 18.4 attempts per game, with 7 players that were in the top 10 yards per game statistic having more attempts per game then him.

He was also 5th in the league with 5.0 yards per carry (backs with over 150 carries) while only having 4 runs go 20+ yards, makes that stat even more impressive since he was not breaking off 50 yarders every other game. Sure hes not a threat to break the long one a lot but he gets you consistant yardage (I think he had the least stops for loss out of any RB last year).

While he is not the ideal number 1 back he sure does well in his role, he is a great RB for a 2 back system, pair him with Westbrook and thats one SCARY backfield. He wasnt that great in the begining of the year at blocking but he was fantastic in the middle and towards the end of the year at blocking (he never really had to block with Tiki here). Watch the Superbowl and see how many key blocks he made (check out the block on the Burress TD where he goes from the left side, slides all the way right and picks up Harrison giving Eli enough time to throw the TD pass).
Toneloc498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

I love Marion Barber. LT is my all-time favorite behind Barry Sanders, so I think him and Barber would be a fun backfield. LT can do anything and everything and Barber will run you over play after play. I have a feeling there is more than one DB in the NFL that is afraid to tackle Barber?
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swollja View Post
no way bettis is faster than jacobs, even in his prime
Bettis ran a 4.48 40 coming out, Jacobs ran a 4.56.

There's a reason Bettis was drafted in the top ten.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
Bettis ran a 4.48 40 coming out, Jacobs ran a 4.56.

There's a reason Bettis was drafted in the top ten.
Bettis was a beast in his early days after the Rams. He had a solid fast time at his combine, but was just as quick on the field. I dont think Jacobs plays as fast on the field as Bettis could.

I really respect Jamal Lewis' footwork as a big running back, even Jacobs, but Bettis wrote the book.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

Shoot, the Chargers had it with LT and Michael Turner. Their games just compliment each other perfectly.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming that we're trying to pair two backs who's skills compliment each other, not just sticking two very awesome and well rounded backs in the same backfield together, I'd say that Jamal Lewis from before he was sent for jail and Brian Westbrook would have made a tandem that would give defenses complete nightmares.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneloc498 View Post
I dont really think that Jacobs is overrated, by who is he overrated? No one says hes a top 10 back. In 11 games last year he averaged 91.7 yards per game, 3rd place behind LDT with 92.1 and Peterson with 95.8 yards per game. Not to mention he only played in the first quarter of the 1st game of the year (Dallas game), if you factored only .25 for that game it would be something like 98.4 yards per game (dont know what Petersons would be if he didnt get hurt in a few games) but even so 91.7 isnt too shabby at all. He was 13th in the league with 18.4 attempts per game, with 7 players that were in the top 10 yards per game statistic having more attempts per game then him.

He was also 5th in the league with 5.0 yards per carry (backs with over 150 carries) while only having 4 runs go 20+ yards, makes that stat even more impressive since he was not breaking off 50 yarders every other game. Sure hes not a threat to break the long one a lot but he gets you consistant yardage (I think he had the least stops for loss out of any RB last year).

While he is not the ideal number 1 back he sure does well in his role, he is a great RB for a 2 back system, pair him with Westbrook and thats one SCARY backfield. He wasnt that great in the begining of the year at blocking but he was fantastic in the middle and towards the end of the year at blocking (he never really had to block with Tiki here). Watch the Superbowl and see how many key blocks he made (check out the block on the Burress TD where he goes from the left side, slides all the way right and picks up Harrison giving Eli enough time to throw the TD pass).
I think he's overrated in the sense that some people view him as the top sheer power back in the league, or close to it. He basically just a big body to fall over the goal line.

I think Bradshaw and Barber are both tougher runners (meaning they keep the legs churning), have better vision, both cut much better, and Barber is a very dependable receiver (not sure about Bradshaw)

Jacobs vision leaves a lot to be desired, he doesn't seem to cut well, and he isn't nearly the truck people make him out to be.

I think his style works against him. Everyone predicted he would have trouble staying healthy since his big frame takes so many hits. He doesn't offer much in the pass game either.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:08 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
AD and Westbrook FTW! :)
QFT.

They compliment the hell out of each other perfectly...

I can't picture Tomlinson in a true 2 back system just because he's such a friggin workhorse...

LJ and Westbrook wouldn't be bad either, but I'm not an LJ fan...
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:16 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry Johnson with Marion Barber III and Steven Jackson + Brandon Jacobs.

Could you imagine how ****** it would be to play defense against these guys? Or these guys:

LaDainian Tomlinson with Brian Westbrook and a dose of Jerious Norwood.

Or just this:

Ladainian Tomlinson with Adrian Peterson.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:44 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
Duece McCalister (healthy) and Brian Westbrook

ONE name , TWO typos :D

but i like the backfield
Old 04-15-2008, 02:55 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mendenhall or Stewarts thunder with DeAngelo Williams would be an amazing duo imo.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:48 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Mendenhall or Stewarts thunder with DeAngelo Williams would be an amazing duo imo.
Would you really look to draft one of those guys with your top pick? The only reason I dont give RBs to the Panthers in my mocks is because I was a huge fan of DeAngelo coming out. You think he cant handle the load?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneloc498 View Post

that is very true. that is probably one of the more overlooked aspects of that SB.

The numbers make him sound like a beast, but i dunno. When i see him play, im just not that impressed. I like him as part of a 2 back system, but i rather give majority carries to Bradshaw.

I also firmly believe that our oline is the real reason why our run game is so good. You can plug anyone in back there and they produce. The only reason why i wouldn't give Bradshaw the majority carries next year is because his small frame will wear down. If he was capable of carrying the ball 20 times a game for a whole season, Bradshaw would be one of the best backs in the league behind our oline. Of course however, thats wishful thinking, because I don't think he can withstand that kind of punishment. But give him 12-13 carries a game, and watch what he can do. Remember, he only averaged like 8 carries a game in the postseason.