Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh i completely forgot about MJD.

I guess the perfect 2 back system (only using RBC guys + not including AD bc thats just cheating haha) would be Marion Barber and MJD.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

tjpackers needs more cowbell.

i never said it couldn't be hall of famers!!

Walter peyton and barry sanders
tjpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpackers View Post
i never said it couldn't be hall of famers!!

Walter peyton and barry sanders
nooooooope.

Jim Brown and Walter Peyton :)

Or if you want to be a purist and go pure thunder and lightning, i guess the best thunder/lightning duo would be:

Earl Campbell and OJ Simpson.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha no best thunder and lightning would be Earl and Barry. Earl hit harder than thunder, literally, and Barry moved quicker than lightning, literally.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

i like the jim brown walter peyton better

Last edited by tjpackers : 04-15-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marshawn Lynch & Brandon Jacobs.

Both will pound a defense. And having Jacobs will keep Lynch healthier then last year.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Would you really look to draft one of those guys with your top pick? The only reason I dont give RBs to the Panthers in my mocks is because I was a huge fan of DeAngelo coming out. You think he cant handle the load?
I love DeAngelo and I think he'll be a great feature back.

I was just thinking from a perspective of too much of a good thing.

It would be an insane tandem though.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

too much of a good thing is not a bad thing
Old 04-17-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I'm going with one of BBD's picks, Marion Barber, and I'll take him with Westbrook. Barber runs harder than any NFL back in my eyes and he would really wear down defenses for Westbrook to make the big play, whether it be a run or pass.
Barber and Westy would ruin the lives of every NFL team, but so would a lot of other duos mentioned already.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:26 AM    (permalink
luee
Rookie

luee smells like sex panther.luee smells like sex panther.

Jacobs and Bradshaw backed up by Ward. Have to like the way BJ softens the DBs up early.
luee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

LT AP to perfect initials
Old 04-23-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To all those who said guys like LT and AP, you probably haven't thought of the fact that one or both of them would demand a trade, sit out, cause problems or at the very least you have to pay them both huge. So if you actually had those backs you would be in a world of hurt.

I'd go with AP and Barber. Both young. AP is an amazing playmaker but I wouldn't want to give him more than 15-20 carries a game. Barber plays like a bulldozer and is also good for 15 carries a game max, so that gives me a good mix.

AP is way more explosive but inconsistent and Barber is very consistent but doesn't break a lot of long runs IIRC, so they favorably offset.

For my 3rd down back I think I'd take Leon Washington.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about this combo, Jamal Lewis and Selvin Young. Trying to be different.

Sig by, Hitman D
Old 04-23-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think the point of a 2 back system is to have 2 differant backs who compliment each other, not just to take the best 2 back and lump them together...for example, in madden, i always used to use tatum bell and TJ duckett. they both suck in real life, but one is hella fast and the other one could have been a monster, but instead he was just soft.

But anyways, if we are not playing madden, id probably go with someone like jerius norwood and brian leonard. thats a solid running back tandem. Not just two #1 runners
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Joseph Addai and Marion Barber I think would be a great compliment.
That's actually a great combo, I like it. Both guys tend to run people over, Barber just does it more.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Honestly guys, and this is coming from a Giants fan...Brandon Jacobs isn't that great.

He's too big to fit through holes that aren't huge, he has poor vision, no first step, and no cutback ability. He's a glorified goalline back. I honestly rather start Bradshaw over him.
X2. Everyone better hop on the Ahmad Bradshaw bandwagon before it leaves.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

Any1 like my idea? Just wondering what others think.

Jamal Lewis & Selvin Young

Sig by, Hitman D
Old 04-24-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this might just be me but mjd and jacobs..?
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thing about Jacobs is he is so huge, and fast for his size, that no one really wants to tackle him...So he can get over some of his weaknesses, he is literally a battering ram, and tough to bring down one on one...He's a good guy to have for the goal line, and splitting carries with someone like Bradshaw, I think his carries should be limited though, if anything but for his health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marion Barber and Brian Westbrook.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I love DeAngelo and I think he'll be a great feature back.

I was just thinking from a perspective of too much of a good thing.

It would be an insane tandem though.
I forgot who we were talking about. Was it Mendenhall? If so, that would suck.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote