Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:03 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
Cro obviously. and Cro gets thrown at because Jammer covers guys like a blanket. Why mess with a proven pairing?
Jammer covers guys like a blanket? That's why he allowed a rookie wide receiver and a pathetic Chiefs offense to put up 150+ receiving yards on him?
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:05 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 661rep View Post
I would take Aso & Champ now, but if I were to put two guys together for the future it would be Aso & D. Hall. I have a gut feeling D.Hall is going to have a big year this year... since QBs will be forced to throw his way.
No, quarterbacks will be forced to hand the ball off to runningbacks with the awful run defense of the Raiders.

Are people forgetting how much everybody hyped up the Champ Bailey and Dre Bly duo and it really turned out pretty bad (as far as the overall defense)? Granted the Raiders are a little better at safety but their defensive line is pretty bad.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:19 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take...

Al Harris and Ike Taylor

I like CB's that are big and can hit!

If this was next year, i would autimatically say Brandon Flowers :)
Old 04-16-2008, 04:47 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aso and Hall are the best duo in the NFL. No arguement is valid against them... Aso is without question a top 3 CB in the league, maybe number 1 depending who you ask, and Hall is definitely a top 10 corner.

After that you're probably looking at Harris/Woodson or Jammer/Cro (mostly because Cro easily has the potential to be the far and away best corner this year. Jammer is solid but not amazing.)
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:58 AM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
Jammer covers guys like a blanket? That's why he allowed a rookie wide receiver and a pathetic Chiefs offense to put up 150+ receiving yards on him?
And so many QB's choose to throw to Cro over Jammer am I wrong?
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:03 AM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The thread is subjective. You're acting like there is only one correct answer. You're telling people how participate in the thread, yet ironically you can't even follow simple instructions.
People need guidlines on how to write a subjective post when there replys are:

1. Player from my team
2. Champ Bailey

This thread seems like it was made to give a shout out to every teams DB's as if we dont know they exists.

I mean honestly look at the last post. A Steelers fan just said he would take Ike Taylor over Champ Bailey.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:07 AM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm gonna be different.

1) Give me T-New, he can play the slot WR beautifully and stick with any WR step for step, he's all over finesse Wr's and will lock down a shifty WR without trouble

2) Al Harris to play those bigger WR's and get their hands on them and knock them off their route...Yes he's been beat before but so has Champ Bailey and Deangelo Hall, I love his physical style of play, and these 2 contrast eachother very well and would have no problem playing man to man vs another teams top 2 WR's.
Your going to be different, or your going to be a homer? Theres a difference. At least this time a poster mentioned a CB that should be listed in the top 5 Ill give you that.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nmandi Asomugha and Champ Bailey

Ike Taylor in the Nickle

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Congratulations you pulled out this reference for the 1000th time, you now get a free shopping spree!

Seriously it's old. The fact is I'm way more concerned with Jammer shutting down guys like Randy Moss, the Indy duo, etc. than I am with anyone on the Chiefs. I guarantee if you watch the games of the last two or three seasons, you'll grade Jammer very highly.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

tjpackers needs more cowbell.

how bout cromartie and and woodsen then stick devin harris( yea hes a Wr now But id switch him to CB) at nickle
tjpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:58 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpackers View Post
how bout cromartie and and woodsen then stick devin harris( yea hes a Wr now But id switch him to CB) at nickle
who?? The NBA PG??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
who?? The NBA PG??
Yeah, he's...a WR now...

To be fair, he does play good defense at the 1.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really, how do NBA players compare speed wise to NFL players? Personally, I think a lot of NFL players would burn TJ Ford, Allen Iverson, Leandro Barbosa, etc. in a foot race.

I think LeBron has NFL speed for some reason, though.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Really, how do NBA players compare speed wise to NFL players? Personally, I think a lot of NFL players would burn TJ Ford, Allen Iverson, Leandro Barbosa, etc. in a foot race.

I think LeBron has NFL speed for some reason, though.
He would be a BEAST at tight end. Unstoppable.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

6'9 260 and if you watched the USA basketball practices Lebron was allways outrunning the smaller gaurds. Everyone knows how physical Lebron is so I would like to think he could be one of the best blockers aswell. His hands are amazing and was an all Ohio WR while playing in only 8 games.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He would be a BEAST at tight end. Unstoppable.
When we had the first Forum Fantasy Player League, I was Lebron James as a TE and I was unstoppable. Those were the days... =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
People need guidlines on how to write a subjective post when there replys are:

1. Player from my team
2. Champ Bailey

This thread seems like it was made to give a shout out to every teams DB's as if we dont know they exists.

I mean honestly look at the last post. A Steelers fan just said he would take Ike Taylor over Champ Bailey.
Why? That was the premise of the thread. The pair of corners who they want starting on their team. Why is this so hard for you to understand? If you don't like it, leave the thread. Problem solved.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Congratulations you pulled out this reference for the 1000th time, you now get a free shopping spree!

Seriously it's old. The fact is I'm way more concerned with Jammer shutting down guys like Randy Moss, the Indy duo, etc. than I am with anyone on the Chiefs. I guarantee if you watch the games of the last two or three seasons, you'll grade Jammer very highly.
Jammer is FAR from a dominant corner. Jammer is not a top 10 corner, simple as that.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:40 AM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

tjpackers needs more cowbell.

he is a good CB maybe top 10 but a dominating CB to say the least
tjpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Asomugha - Newman

Then i'd put Ed Reed and LaRon Landry back there
and no one would ever pass on my defense 8-)
Old 04-17-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
catcher_0_3
Rookie

catcher_0_3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

2/3 of the Earth is covered by water, the other 1/3 is covered by Champ Bailey. It doesn't matter who the other corner would be, but I would take Cromartie and then take his cousin in the draft because he is going to be a beast too.
catcher_0_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3 View Post
2/3 of the Earth is covered by water, the other 1/3 is covered by Champ Bailey. It doesn't matter who the other corner would be, but I would take Cromartie and then take his cousin in the draft because he is going to be a beast too.
someone in here already has that in their sig for d-hall......
Old 04-17-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Rockrule40
Rookie

Rockrule40 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A year ago EVERYONE would put Champ #1 no question. Why is it that now some people don't have him even on their list? Ok, he might have had a down year with only 3 ints and a big play against him on monday night. The reason Champ had a "down year", if you can call it that, was because of his run defense and the fact he was playing injured almost all year. The run D in Denver was so bad this year and the only way they could stop the run was when Champ ran up and tackled the runner. This means he did get beat on a few plays, but they really didn't throw his way all that much. He had 84 tackles in 2007 thats a number a good SS would put up. The Broncos were 7th in pass defense even with Champ and Bly having down years, and no safety help in pass coverage.

Champ should be #1 on all lists.

My two would be:
#1 Champ Bailey
#2 Nnamdi Asomugha
Rockrule40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default asdf2

Quote:
Jammer is FAR from a dominant corner. Jammer is not a top 10 corner, simple as that.
kmart, I hope one day you will post something constructive rather than just bashing the other teams/players in your division. While I sometimes appreciate how your Raider/Charger/Bronco hate stokes the fire of rivalry, it is getting a bit stale.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd pretty much take any tandem that doesn't involve Fernando Bryant, Stanley Wilson, Keith Smith, or Travis Fisher.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote