Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default San Diego LB Cooper suspended 4 games

...for substance abuse.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3348671

This isn't the first time he's been caught with a banned substance. When he was in college, he was caught with over 1,000 steroid pills.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit: Nevermind. Lame.

Time to wake up for Anthony Waters.

Word on the Charger boards is ephedra. Dumb.

Last edited by CC.SD : 04-16-2008 at 12:04 AM.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Cant say Im suprised. This is what you expect from the Chargers.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
As opposed to the Raiders, from which we expect absolutely nothing.

Cooper screwed himself and it's embarrassing, not to mention dangerous given the deaths associated with Ephedra. I won't defend him.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Yeah because two players have been caught with them...

Cooper's a moron then, which is a shame because he did really well last year. Hopefully Anthony Waters can step up big time for us, because otherwise this could spell some trouble.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Yeah because two players have been caught with them...

Cooper's a moron then, which is a shame because he did really well last year. Hopefully Anthony Waters can step up big time for us, because otherwise this could spell some trouble.

More than 2. Cooper, Castillo, and Merriman have now all been caught with some sort of substance.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:39 AM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.

Will this help the Raiders beat SD in the first game? I doubt it.

Also, I doubt that the overall problem is more prevelant in SD than any where else, more or less. As much as I would like to talk smack about SD, but the facts are what they are. I just hope no Raiders are doping and if they are they don't get caught. Call me cynical but I figure more guys are getting away with it then get caught.

gdamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:48 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is very disappointing no matter what the substance was.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:57 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdamac View Post
Will this help the Raiders beat SD in the first game? I doubt it.

Also, I doubt that the overall problem is more prevelant in SD than any where else, more or less. As much as I would like to talk smack about SD, but the facts are what they are. I just hope no Raiders are doping and if they are they don't get caught. Call me cynical but I figure more guys are getting away with it then get caught.
With Hall and Asomugha and Russell, anything is possible.

Those Chargers and their substances. *shakes heads*

Its almost as if every team has an identity

Chargers - Substance Abuse
Bengals - Arrests galore
Raiders - Bad attitude (this may be changing?)
Falcons - Killing Dogs (our DT also got caught killing his GFs dog)
Patriots - Cheaters

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:53 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
As opposed to the Raiders, from which we expect absolutely nothing.

Cooper screwed himself and it's embarrassing, not to mention dangerous given the deaths associated with Ephedra. I won't defend him.
You basically did with your Raiders comment....

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:27 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Haha, no that was just a backhanded comment about the Raiders being terrible.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:58 AM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
No thst was just him pointing out that the Raiders have become excessively pathetic recently. As someone who was born in Oakland, the state of the team wounds me. His comment wasn't false, it was just irrelevent to the discussion.

This doesn't suprise me. PED users tend to come in bunches, due to system level monitoring by the various teams. It seems like the Chargers are the team that's lax in monitoring.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:52 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God Damn Cooper just doing something idotic again... He really needs to wake up. This really pisses me off Cooper showed some serious potential last year and I thought he would play a significant role in the Chargers defense this year... Waters will really have to step up which I think he can. Cooper loses oppurtunity and the respect of his fans and teammates... Its a shame.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:09 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
More than 2. Cooper, Castillo, and Merriman have now all been caught with some sort of substance.
As much as you like to jump in everytime something goes wrong for SD Castillo has never been caught in the NFL with steroids, that was college. And thats still 3. I know, its a huge difference between 2 and 3 right?...
Old 04-16-2008, 07:41 AM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post

Bengals - Arrests galore
Patriots - Cheaters
You forgot:

Browns - Staph infections
Steelers - Woman beaters
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
You forgot:

Browns - Staph infections
Steelers - Woman beaters
Jags-The team nobody cares about untill the playoffs.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Haha, no that was just a backhanded comment about the Raiders being terrible.
Finally, someone who understands me!
Old 04-16-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post

Bengals - Arrests galore
Patriots - Cheaters
Steelers - Domestic Abuse

edit: im really late :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Steelers - Domestic Abuse

edit: im really late :(
Ya *****, ya
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
As much as you like to jump in everytime something goes wrong for SD Castillo has never been caught in the NFL with steroids, that was college. And thats still 3. I know, its a huge difference between 2 and 3 right?...
So that means it's allright? And it wasn't in college IIRC, it was between college and the NFL. He said he took the substances so he could more quickly recover from an elbow injury.

And then of course there is Rodney Harrison getting caught with the Patriots. For some reason I doubt he just started doing those substances all of a sudden once he joined the Patriots.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Disapionting, all i want to know is why?
Old 04-16-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So that means it's allright? And it wasn't in college IIRC, it was between college and the NFL. He said he took the substances so he could more quickly recover from an elbow injury.

And then of course there is Rodney Harrison getting caught with the Patriots. For some reason I doubt he just started doing those substances all of a sudden once he joined the Patriots.
Yeah you obviously haven't been watching the NFL for very long if you think Rodney was on steroids when we cut him. He was horrible out there. Then his career exploded again in NE. You tell me.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Sigh...point out where I said it was arlight please. In case you can't find it, which you wouldn't be able to since I actually made a point of saying how stupid the steroid usage is, please try to understand that all I am saying is that a couple (2-3) people on the team (over 55 people) does not make it a team-wide problem, nor does it make a league-wide problem something that is only happening in San Diego, unless of course, we're the only team with people who have substance-abuse issues...by that same token couldn't I say KC is full of players who drive drunk because Jared Allen did it? I could, but it would be a moronic comment.

And no, your wrong,the steroid usage with Castillo arose during interviews where he admitted to use in college. Not between College and the NFL. And regardless, it occured before his first NFL season. And the Rodney Harrison comment, aside from only going off Harrison's statements, where he actually said it began around when he left SD, is also pure speculation. But its okay, I know its tough when the only thing you're capable of doing on this forum is praising a Chiefs player or knocking a division rival.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what was the exact substance? i want to know what he failed the test for.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Another Charger on roids?

Who's next?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote