Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which is better??
Big Ben 79 84.95%
Marc Bulger 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Answer this Debate please.

So me and one of my good buddies are getting into it while at work as to which QB is better. Ben Roethlisberger or Marc Bulger. He is a Rams fan and I am a Steelers fan, obviously. So we are biased. So I wanted to throw this up here and see what everyone else thinks.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is possibly the easiest debate. Big Ben is hands down better.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Big Ben, seems like I always end up defending him because it seems like people always find a way to knock his value down...People killed him earlier for being a game manager, and this season all his stats went up and they opened the offense up and he flourished, he has proven he can win games, and not lose games, he has a ring, what else do people want him to do?

Just seems like he isn't given enough credit for being a good QB sometimes which I never understood.

Although the age of these two are off, so are we judging based off right now, or at one point, or what? Either I way I'd bet if this makes it to 4 pages it will just turn into a eli, ben, rivers debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Ben every day of the week

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Big Ben easily and im a Browns fan. But its a pretty crappy time of Bulgers career to throw him in an arguement like this. He might have been closer when he was performing well.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Big Ben.....and it's not close
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bulger has been on a steady decline the last few seasons and its arguably beginning to look like he's on the downswing of his career. I'll take Roethlisberger presently and into the future with the scary thought that he hasn't yet come close to fulfilling his full potential. I can't even believe this is an argument really.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yoda's vote doesnt count! :D
Old 04-16-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Ben. No question.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Better at what? conducting a motorcycle? I'll take Bulger on that one.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

I think Bulger's just to beaten after getting crushed, he's starting to become injured more often and if the rams line isn't significantly better next year it might become time for him move on to a new challenge.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Packman1957 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If your talking about who I would rather have right now, no question it would be Big Ben.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the better question would be...Big Ben or Carson Palmer???
Old 04-16-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you asked this last year everyone would have said Bulger. Asking this year everyone will say Roethlisberger.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skills wise its Bulger if he had the O-line he did in his 1st few years he would well on his way to the HOF but since he doesn't he keeps getting injured

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Bulger has been on a steady decline the last few seasons and its arguably beginning to look like he's on the downswing of his career. I'll take Roethlisberger presently and into the future with the scary thought that he hasn't yet come close to fulfilling his full potential. I can't even believe this is an argument really.
Ummm, wow. Way to just pull things out of thin air. Steady decline the last few years? Downswing of his career? He just turned 31 on April 5.

2004- 3964 yds, 21 TDs, 14 Ints, 93.7 rating
2005- 2297 yds, 14 TDs, 9 Ints, 94.4 rating
2006- 4301 yds, 24 TDs, 8 Ints, 92.9 rating
2007- 2392 yds, 11 TDs, 15 Ints, 70.3 rating

So, please explain how that is a steady decline. Last years stats had next to nothing to do with Bulger's ability. The Rams used around 30 different sets of offensive lines. Only one starting offensive lineman at the beginning of the season finished the season, and that one guy switched positions, Alex Barron. Orlando Pace was injured in week 1. The majority of the season the offensive line featured more starters who were signed off the street than were on the roster at the beginning of the season. The offensive lineman with the 2nd most starts on the team was Brandon Gorin, signed off the streets. The 2007 Rams were decimated by injuries to a historic level, particularly the offensive line. Bulger played with broken ribs for several weeks because the coaching staff would not pull him. So basically, please don't pull things out of thin air. That drives me more crazy than anything on here, when people make statements like they are facts when in reality they are just saying random things off the top of their heads.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Im obviously gonna say Ben...but if i was talking from an unbias standpoint, i would still take Ben. He has showed that when healthy he can be one of the best QB's in the league...and that was with a sive as an o-line.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
I think the better question would be...Big Ben or Carson Palmer???
Palmer is my choice. The majority of the Steelers success isnt because of their offense, its their deffense that has made them good. Roethlesberger has just brought a sence of consistency and toughness to the position. Heck even Charlie Batch has won tough games numerous times with that team.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

^ I would obviously say Ben...but it is a good debate. When both healthy, i think one of them is a top 3 QB in the league...with the runner up 4th.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
Ummm, wow. Way to just pull things out of thin air. Steady decline the last few years? Downswing of his career? He just turned 31 on April 5.

2004- 3964 yds, 21 TDs, 14 Ints, 93.7 rating
2005- 2297 yds, 14 TDs, 9 Ints, 94.4 rating
2006- 4301 yds, 24 TDs, 8 Ints, 92.9 rating
2007- 2392 yds, 11 TDs, 15 Ints, 70.3 rating

So, please explain how that is a steady decline. Last years stats had next to nothing to do with Bulger's ability. The Rams used around 30 different sets of offensive lines. Only one starting offensive lineman at the beginning of the season finished the season, and that one guy switched positions, Alex Barron. Orlando Pace was injured in week 1. The majority of the season the offensive line featured more starters who were signed off the street than were on the roster at the beginning of the season. The offensive lineman with the 2nd most starts on the team was Brandon Gorin, signed off the streets. The 2007 Rams were decimated by injuries to a historic level, particularly the offensive line. Bulger played with broken ribs for several weeks because the coaching staff would not pull him. So basically, please don't pull things out of thin air. That drives me more crazy than anything on here, when people make statements like they are facts when in reality they are just saying random things off the top of their heads.
The jury is still out on Bulger. He'll have to reinstate himself as a top QB in this league again because people aren't just going to hand it to him. I might have exaggerated my statement there just a bit and should have said something along the lines he could possibly be on the downswing of his career. Nonetheless Roethlisberger's overall skillset still blows him out of the water here.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Better at what? conducting a motorcycle? I'll take Bulger on that one.
Kellen Winslow Jr gets an F-- in that one.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no brainer its Ben

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
The jury is still out on Bulger. He'll have to reinstate himself as a top QB in this league again because people aren't just going to hand it to him. I might have exaggerated my statement there just a bit and should have said something along the lines he could possibly be on the downswing of his career. Nonetheless Roethlisberger's overall skillset still blows him out of the water here.
Fair enough. I would say he is still considered a top 10 QB, but he will have to rebound to 2006 form to be considered top 5 again, like he was heading into last season. As for Roethlisberger's skillset blowing him away, I'm not so sure about that. I don't think I'd say any QB's skill set "blows away" another QB's that I consider good. When I think of QB's that Roethlisberger blows away, I think of the likes of Alex Smith, Rex Grossman, Steve McNair, etc. I guess I am just thinking of the phrase "blow out of the water" as an extreme descrepancy.

Top 10 in no order:
Manning
Brady
Brees
Palmer
Bulger
Roethlisberger
Romo
Hasselbeck
McNabb
Anderson

There really aren't that many good QB's in the league. The two other guys I considered were Eli and Garrard. Basically I think those are the top 12 and after that there is a noticable drop off, unless I am forgetting someone.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andreson better than Eli? I'm one of Eli's biggest critics... but come on, the Giants just won a superbowl. What's Anderson done?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Andreson better than Eli? I'm one of Eli's biggest critics... but come on, the Giants just won a superbowl. What's Anderson done?
Yeah, I would like to hear an explanation about that one as well.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote