Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles are an interesting trade possibility I know they don't need a CB but you throw Lito Shepard + a 2nd round pick for CJ I think it would fly for both teams and could be the pieces to a 3 team trade. GB, Tampa, both teams would throw a 2nd 3rd round choice if not a 1st for Lito.
Don't let the Eagles fool you just because the trade rumors are gone doesn't mean the Eagles aren't interested in trading him

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I always think its funny when a guy complains about losing, and that he wants to win and go to a winner, then a few weeks later you hear about them getting traded to the Raiders lol...That would be fun to see, personally I dont want Chad in Dallas so I hope we dont come knocking, not just the pick its the attention he brings, Roy Williams or Anquan Boldin are just as good, younger and alot quieter in the lockeroom...Also his contract would be tough to manage, maybe they want Roy Williams and Akin Ayodele with a pick, that be pretty awesome.
lol at trading Akin Ayodele for Chad Johnson
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll gladly welcome Chad to Jacksonville. Remember Chad, no state income tax...
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bengals won't trade him. Sit him, he doesn't want to play for them, he won't have to. He won't play for anyone.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Captain Fear
Rookie

Captain Fear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
god i beg that he comes to dc!!!
I can't even begin to imagine the ridiculous antics Chad and Clinton would cook up.
Captain Fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
The Packers could trade James Jones (3rd round pick last year, had the third best WR season) and their second they received from Cleveland for him, if they thought his head would be in the game in GB. I look at TO going to Dallas and Moss going to NE, so it is possible that if you have the right staff and situation you can handle these WR divas. Not sure Chad would like competing for reps with Donald Driver and Greg jennings, but that would be a pretty good reason to go three wide...
I'd be 100% against that.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha wow chad...chad...chad. Bengals just get this tick that is sucking the blood out of your franchise and move on...

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do the Lito Sheppard rumors keep coming up? We don't need a freaking corner.

I'd love to see him never set foot in the facilities, sit out the year and rot away. Part of me loves the stance the they won't trade him, the other part wishes he could just be gone.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Packman1957 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Finally something we agree on.

No way would I trade for Chad Johnson. Never. And I don't think there is any chance TT would ever consider it.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always liked Chad, but im starting to lose respect for the guy after he is going on a media tour trying to cut all ties with Cinn. I find it hard he can't go quietly to the front office say trade me or im sitting out, without going to various media outlets to continue to pronounce what we already know.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because of Chad or because of what we'd give up?

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
the price is a definite no and the baggage is probably a no too

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Compiling stats and thinking up touchdown celebrations doesn't cut it long-term, you need to be consistent and help your team get to the playoffs.
Chad doesnt play defense, thats the only thing keeping the Bengals from the playoffs.

There arent very many NFL WRs who "consistently" put up numbers the way Chad has the past 5 or 6 years. You dont want to like him because of his personality or what he is doing now, thats fine. Dont bring up this crap about him being inconsistent and TJ being the best WR on the Bengals. TJ put up 1 big year. Thats right he has 1 under his belt and so many on here praise him as being the reason that Chad is good. Its ridiculous, he was putting up numbers before TJ and even before Carson was starting. Go check the stats, I know a lot of people dont like to judge by stats and there is nothing wrong with that but I hear also from a lot of people on here that Chad gets all his stats in 2 or 3 big games. Check last years stats during TJs big year. Chad is more consistent week to week than TJ, except in TDs.

I'm not saying that the Bengals shouldnt try to move him, especially after this, but good luck to Carson and TJ next year. The Bengals are a team that has to out score opponents to win the games they do win.

Last edited by farfromforgotten : 04-16-2008 at 09:15 PM.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Well the whole situation wouldn't make much sense. We certainly aren't lacking at WR, it's our deepest position. We have Donald Driver coming off a probowl season, Greg Jennings who's 12 TDs was good for 4th best in the NFL (and 4 more than Chad Johnson), James Jones who was a promising rookie, Ruvell Martin who has grown to be a solid receiver the past two years and can be a redzone threat, and Koren Robinson who's a pretty damn good 4th/5th option. There's no need to bring in Chad Johnson. Could he improve our offense? Sure, but not enough to where it's worth it. He's a headcase. People often just shrug off what he does because it's "funny", but he's more of a distraction than Randy Moss who catches a lot more criticism for it. Also what happens when he's not getting the ball? We have a new QB, and have the guys I mentioned above to spread it around to already. With Brett Favre maybe it'd be something to think about doing to push us over the edge to win the superbowl, but then we would have just signed Moss.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's a headcase. People often just shrug off what he does because it's "funny", but he's more of a distraction than Randy Moss who catches a lot more criticism for it.
I dont think that Green Bay needs him. I find this post humerous. Considering that when Randy is on losing teams he causes a "distraction" by not playing to his full potential or giving a damn. Chad has been part of several losing seasons in Cincinnati and put up the same numbers every year.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care what the stats say, TJ is just flat out more consistent than Chad. We need a big reception, TJ is there. We need a big 1st down, TJ is there.

Getting our defense in line and running game back together is of more importance than having CJ moaning out there. I'm not saying he's not important to our team, that'd be foolish but well before this year I always preferred TJ over CJ. It's just something that sticks out watching the games, Chad's stats blow away TJ's really less the TD's.

Chad's not worth the pain, can't think of the last big catch he made and him bombing in the Denver game in '06 cost us the playoffs since he seems to think we're so incapable of making it.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I don't care what the stats say, TJ is just flat out more consistent than Chad. We need a big reception, TJ is there. We need a big 1st down, TJ is there.
For 1 season and even that is debatable...here is one more group of "stats" for you to look over. Since this is the other debate "TJ makes the 1st downs and bigger 3rd down receptions" to go along with the "CJ is only good because of TJ" crowd.

Chad Johnson had 93 rec of those 74 went for 1st downs that is a 79.6% of his catches. That percentage is 4th in the AFC. Of the three players listed above him none of them had more than 55 receptions in 2007. TJ is not on this list of top 20 for the AFC.

TJ did have 27 receptions on 3rd down that went for 1st downs, that did lead the AFC. CJ is only 2 players down on that list from him, with a mere 22 receptions made on 3rd down that went for 1st downs in 2007.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Packer_Backer
Rookie

Packer_Backer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I dont think that Green Bay needs him. I find this post humerous. Considering that when Randy is on losing teams he causes a "distraction" by not playing to his full potential or giving a damn. Chad has been part of several losing seasons in Cincinnati and put up the same numbers every year.
I think the main problem with Chad is that he doesn't perceive himself to be the true number one. In years past TJ has been in Chads shadow, but with TJ's performance last year and Chad's injuries the spotlight shown on TJ. Chad wouldn't work with the Packers, because he wouldn't be a clear number one, he got to go to a team lacking that.
Packer_Backer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our spread offense would piss Chad off I bet even if we went 19-0

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For 1 season and even that is debatable...here is one more group of "stats" for you to look over. Since this is the other debate "TJ makes the 1st downs and bigger 3rd down receptions" to go along with the "CJ is only good because of TJ" crowd.

Chad Johnson had 93 rec of those 74 went for 1st downs that is a 79.6% of his catches. That percentage is 4th in the AFC. Of the three players listed above him none of them had more than 55 receptions in 2007. TJ is not on this list of top 20 for the AFC.

TJ did have 27 receptions on 3rd down that went for 1st downs, that did lead the AFC. CJ is only 2 players down on that list from him, with a mere 22 receptions made on 3rd down that went for 1st downs in 2007.
What's with the one-sided stuff?

2007 Chad Johnson
160 targets, 93 receptions, 58.125% catch rate
1440 yards, 15.5 ypr, 8 Tds, 27 20+, 4 40+
74 receptions for first down

2007 TJ Housh
168 targets, 112 receptions, 66.667% catch rate
1143 yards, 10.2 ypr, 12 Tds, 9 20+, 1 40+
70 receptions for first down

Johnson racks up yardage, but the touchdowns come in bunches. He scored all 8 touchdowns in 2007 in only 4 games (1- Wk 1 BAL, 2- Wk 2 @ CLE, 3- Wk 13 TEN, 2- Wk 17 @MIA), just like he scored all 7 touchdowns in 2006 in only 4 games (1- Wk 2 CLE, 1- Wk 8 ATL, 2- Wk 10 SD, 3- Wk 11 @NO). He hasn't scored a touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers since Week 11 of the 2004 season, and that's including the 2005 wildcard playoff game at home where he was a lunatic at halftime.

Last edited by Geo : 04-16-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Wsupremest

well its becasue of carson palmer he needs to stay consistant
Old 04-16-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carson made Chris Henry into an 9-TD #3 receiver. Carson is the saving grace to the Cincinnati Bengals franchise, he's anything but the problem.

Like we saw in the Patriots game last season, Johnson ran the wrong route and then proceeded to ***** and whine at Palmer afterwards on national TV. Carson has to deal with this nonsense unfortunately, and he'll have to bite his tongue for at least one more year until TJ is re-signed and the team drafts at least one new talent at receiver.

Last edited by Geo : 04-16-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
MooshooGawd
Rookie

MooshooGawd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wonder how long it'll be until Chad is doing situps in his driveway and having press confrences outside his house with Rosenhaus.

Bengals.com has a great writeup on how the Bengals will react to this. Basically, with the way the salary cap is, the Bengals would be killing themselves by trading him. It would be an 8 million dollar cap hit and the Bengals would have to cut some veterans just to make up for that. Plus, with the release of Chris Henry, they're already weak at that position.

When was the last time a player made a threat like this and actually went through with it? I know Keenan McCardell did it a few years ago, but Chad will report at some point.

He's not doing himself any favors by calling out Carson, Marvin and the organization.
MooshooGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A good point was brought up by ESPN. Lance Briggs last year "I will never play for the Chicago Bears again bam franchise tag... now signed a multi year deal. Ya Chad doesn't want to play for the Bengals but Chad does want money and if he isnt traded and wont play...well he don't get no money then. The Bengals cap hit would be huge but Chad has questioned Carson, coaches, the team etc. Eventually with players like this taking the cap hit becomes worth it. It will be very hard to move Chad with all the money involved and I find it unlikely he would sit and not play.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:08 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:

You will NEVER hear me say TJ makes CJ or vice versa. It's just not the case. I'm tired of all the people that say one makes the other or that they make Carson or Carson makes them. They're all very good players.

Chad has more dropsies than TJ (which isn't saying much, TJ has velcro).

You're looking at stats.... I'm looking at EVERY Bengals game since our trio has become so strong. I'd dare you to find a Bengals fan that says Chad makes bigger plays.

Against Denver in '06... With the playoffs on the line. He had a fumble loss that KILLED us, a BONEHEAD illegal formation call that cost us a 70+ yard TD to Henry and didn't fight for a ball that ended up a red zone INT.

He is, IMO, the best deep play WR in the league and he's money on sideline routes. A finesse WR. TJ does the hard work, doesn't complain and makes plays. He comes to play in big games, Chad comes to play against teams in the cellar.