Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
lol at trading Akin Ayodele for Chad Johnson
I assumed anyone who read that would know I was talking about a 1st rd pick along with them...But it doesnt matter, I'm pretty sure we wont be in the market for him which is fine by me, his contract is too huge for us considering there are still guys who need to be resigned.

Who was just trying to tell me there was no chance in hell Chad gets traded, I think like last week? Still feel the same way?

After Chad's comments though, i cant see any scenario where he can play for Cincy, he basically blasted Carson, Marvin, basically everyone in the organization except for TJ(who I never hear talk and would love to hear his perspective on this)...Cincy is just going to have to take the cap hit and get what they can...But their WR core would be depleted after this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 04-17-2008 at 01:23 AM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:58 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
What's with the one-sided stuff?

2007 Chad Johnson
160 targets, 93 receptions, 58.125% catch rate
1440 yards, 15.5 ypr, 8 Tds, 27 20+, 4 40+
74 receptions for first down

2007 TJ Housh
168 targets, 112 receptions, 66.667% catch rate
1143 yards, 10.2 ypr, 12 Tds, 9 20+, 1 40+
70 receptions for first down

Johnson racks up yardage, but the touchdowns come in bunches. He scored all 8 touchdowns in 2007 in only 4 games (1- Wk 1 BAL, 2- Wk 2 @ CLE, 3- Wk 13 TEN, 2- Wk 17 @MIA), just like he scored all 7 touchdowns in 2006 in only 4 games (1- Wk 2 CLE, 1- Wk 8 ATL, 2- Wk 10 SD, 3- Wk 11 @NO). He hasn't scored a touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers since Week 11 of the 2004 season, and that's including the 2005 wildcard playoff game at home where he was a lunatic at halftime.
It's not that Johnson racks up yardage. It's how he does it. Explosive plays (of 20+ yards) are a defensive coaches worst nightmare. They are what every team wants to have in their offense.

And Chad has always brought an explosive element to the game and that is where his value is.

Whether one is better or not. I don't think one can argue either way bc they are both damn good. HOWEVER, it is hard to find vertical threats like CJ and they are more valuable on the market. It's kind of like passrushering ends on defense, yah it's great to have a DE that can do a little bit of both, but the better pass rusher is going to garner a bigger contract.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:59 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get yo popcorn ready! :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:10 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Oh my god...lol. Now that's a sig...haha. I think you're dreaming if you think Chad will ever be a Cowboy but, that is a quality sig.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:18 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
ahahah... what a sig!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:24 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
What's with the one-sided stuff?

2007 Chad Johnson
160 targets, 93 receptions, 58.125% catch rate
1440 yards, 15.5 ypr, 8 Tds, 27 20+, 4 40+
74 receptions for first down

2007 TJ Housh
168 targets, 112 receptions, 66.667% catch rate
1143 yards, 10.2 ypr, 12 Tds, 9 20+, 1 40+
70 receptions for first down

Johnson racks up yardage, but the touchdowns come in bunches. He scored all 8 touchdowns in 2007 in only 4 games (1- Wk 1 BAL, 2- Wk 2 @ CLE, 3- Wk 13 TEN, 2- Wk 17 @MIA), just like he scored all 7 touchdowns in 2006 in only 4 games (1- Wk 2 CLE, 1- Wk 8 ATL, 2- Wk 10 SD, 3- Wk 11 @NO). He hasn't scored a touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers since Week 11 of the 2004 season, and that's including the 2005 wildcard playoff game at home where he was a lunatic at halftime.
I put all I needed to in my post responding to the TJ makes more important catches and is more consistent post by PalmertoCJ.

And also earlier when you said this "LOL, he's not even the best receiver on his own team, nor has he for some time (and I've been saying this for over a year now, glad some are starting to see it)."

For some time? Again you have one year to go on. *shakes head* I dunno, I'm done trying to argue this point. It's just I never hear anything bad about Chad Johnson until all of this started and then all of the sudden everyone is like Chad sucks, TJ is the more consistent WR, blah blah blah. I might be the only one who remembers past last year regarding this topic. It is just absurd to me. I see all these statements and I try to remind people that CJ has done his business for the past 6 years compared to TJs 1. That CJ has made just as many important catches than TJ. Thats what this 1 sided-ness is for. I dont even want the guy and I'm not a Bengals fan. I have however lived my whole life in the Ohio area, so I have seen a lot of Bengals games.

I think the Bengals need both of them to be successful. I like both players. I tend to take CJs side just when I see all the negative posts about him. Again, you dont like how he is acting right now? Fine, I can respect that. Just dont try to make it like he hasnt done anything useful for the Bengals since they have drafted him and he is less important than TJ. Ok, I'm done now. Carry on...
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:01 AM    (permalink
44stick
Rookie

44stick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I put all I needed to in my post responding to the TJ makes more important catches and is more consistent post by PalmertoCJ.

And also earlier when you said this "LOL, he's not even the best receiver on his own team, nor has he for some time (and I've been saying this for over a year now, glad some are starting to see it)."

For some time? Again you have one year to go on. *shakes head* I dunno, I'm done trying to argue this point. It's just I never hear anything bad about Chad Johnson until all of this started and then all of the sudden everyone is like Chad sucks, TJ is the more consistent WR, blah blah blah. I might be the only one who remembers past last year regarding this topic. It is just absurd to me. I see all these statements and I try to remind people that CJ has done his business for the past 6 years compared to TJs 1. That CJ has made just as many important catches than TJ. Thats what this 1 sided-ness is for. I dont even want the guy and I'm not a Bengals fan. I have however lived my whole life in the Ohio area, so I have seen a lot of Bengals games.

I think the Bengals need both of them to be successful. I like both players. I tend to take CJs side just when I see all the negative posts about him. Again, you dont like how he is acting right now? Fine, I can respect that. Just dont try to make it like he hasnt done anything useful for the Bengals since they have drafted him and he is less important than TJ. Ok, I'm done now. Carry on...

I don't understand why you think TJ has only had 1 good year. I can tell you from watching both players since they've been with team, TJ is the person I hope gets the the ball thrown to him on third down. Chad Johnson makes amazing plays when the game isn't on the line. Housh fights for every reception like its the last ball he's going to catch in his career.
44stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:16 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44stick View Post
I don't understand why you think TJ has only had 1 good year. I can tell you from watching both players since they've been with team, TJ is the person I hope gets the the ball thrown to him on third down. Chad Johnson makes amazing plays when the game isn't on the line. Housh fights for every reception like its the last ball he's going to catch in his career.
You got me. TJ did have a good 2006 season as well. Sorry about that.

For the rest of your post...alright, same thing everyone else has said. I must be wrong. If CJ doesnt make those amazing plays earlier in the game wouldnt that mean that the Bengals wouldnt even be involved in games that go down to the wire for TJ to save the day? Both are great WRs. Both have a certain role with the team. CJ catches just as many balls for more yardage. TJ is the more physical presence in the red zone and hauls in a few more TDs. We have proof of seasons when CJ was putting up numbers without TJ on the other side, who was playing opposite CJ those years? If the Bengals lose CJ teams will not fear the deep routes anymore and will smother TJ. You dont even have Henry anymore to catch an occasional deep pass. Which brings up something else I dont understand. It seems like most of you consider CJ to just be a "big play WR" when I think of that kind of WR I think of Alvin Harper or Bernard Berrian to be more current. Guys that might catch 60 balls a year for big yardage. CJ averages 90+ catches a year for the past 5 years. Which is better than or can be compared to Moss, Owens, Holt, Harrison, etc... Yet none of those guys get mentioned as just "big play WRs". This would be similar to New England fans saying "we can afford to lose Moss, we have Wes Welker, he is the most important WR on this team because he catches the most important balls." Am I way off basis here? I'm not trying to be a smart ***.

Someone else had mentioned that the Bengals should trade CJ to get defensive help, think I saw it on ESPN earlier. That leaves them with Carson, Rudi and TJ on offense? I would be worried if I were a Bengals fan. I'm not sure what will happen at this point. Guess only time will tell.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:59 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bengals fans:

do you guys think that IF the bengals went looking for trades that they would prefer looking at early picks like a second rounder or something more like a player and a mid rounder. i wouldnt be surprised to see the skins offering both. my best guess is that they offer their second rounder and maybe a conditional pick in 09 as well as offering a combo of a mid rounder with guys like marcus washington or cornelius griffin.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:05 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta believe the Eagles are going to make a run in this too, maybe offer up Lito and a later pick, but they were pursuing Fitz hard I gotta believe they will make an offer for Chad.

Quote:
Old 04-17-2008, 09:06 AM    (permalink
D.Evans

Chad is a great reciever and he doesnt really need to put up big numbers to make an impact. He consistantly has to be double teamed and that is the reason that Housh has been getting some good passes. housh is a good receiever but i dont think he'd be as good without Chad.

I just hope Chad goes to a team that could actually use him. I love seeing this type of stuff happen in the offseason as it makes for an intersting year ahead. Hope Cincy gets more for him than the Raiders got for Moss though.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Ware_HITStick
Rookie

Ware_HITStick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
punk. i hope Palmer whips his ass if he decides to show up to any offseason stuff. Maybe that would shut him up.
Palmer couldn't whip anyone's ass
Old 04-17-2008, 09:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I gotta believe the Eagles are going to make a run in this too, maybe offer up Lito and a later pick, but they were pursuing Fitz hard I gotta believe they will make an offer for Chad.
after the TO incident though, do they really want Mini TO?
Old 04-17-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
after the TO incident though, do they really want Mini TO?
I would take him if I were the Eagles. Can get a pick for Sheppard, and trade it away for Ocho.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I would take him if I were the Eagles. Can get a pick for Sheppard, and trade it away for Ocho.
If Im the Eagles, I would want to keep Lito.

The way the game is nowadays, having 3 very good CBs is such a priceless tool to have. The Eagles have that. Plus, they can always move Brown to safety.

The teams in the division will all be using a lot of 3 WR looks. Combating that with the trio of Samuel, Brown and Lito is something the Eagles should definitely keep around.

I personally felt they shouldve went after Donte Stallworth again. He was electric for them when he was on the field.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:07 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
If Im the Eagles, I would want to keep Lito.

The way the game is nowadays, having 3 very good CBs is such a priceless tool to have. The Eagles have that. Plus, they can always move Brown to safety.

The teams in the division will all be using a lot of 3 WR looks. Combating that with the trio of Samuel, Brown and Lito is something the Eagles should definitely keep around.

I personally felt they shouldve went after Donte Stallworth again. He was electric for them when he was on the field.
I agree on Lito, but everything I've read points to him being traded. Same on Stallworth. Surprised more teams weren't after him.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I agree on Lito, but everything I've read points to him being traded. Same on Stallworth. Surprised more teams weren't after him.
yeah, Stallworth surprisingly didn't get the attention i thought he would. if you go and look at the tape, Stallworth was more often than not, open for the Patriots. Brady just never looked his way bc he always zoned in on Moss and Welker.

In fact, go back and watch the SB. If Brady made a better effort in looking Stallworth's way, they wouldve won the SB.

I don't get why the Eagles want to trade Lito. I think its a mistake, but like you said, they seem set on doing so.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:42 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I think its because of contract hold ups, having 3 good corners means paying 3 guys top dollar, and Lito wants more money if im not mistaken.

And I never understoond why Philly let Stallworth walk, he was a great deep threat for them and opened the field up so much, I would of kept him the first time around.

Quote:
Old 04-17-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think its because of contract hold ups, having 3 good corners means paying 3 guys top dollar, and Lito wants more money if im not mistaken.

And I never understoond why Philly let Stallworth walk, he was a great deep threat for them and opened the field up so much, I would of kept him the first time around.
well, they can fix that long term by moving Sheldon to safety. In the base they can play Sheldon at FS, and in the nickel have him play edge CB and move Lito in the slot.

That way they reallocate one of those top dollar contracts into a different position while maintaining great stability in the secondary for years.

*shrug*

I don't get Andy Reid sometimes. I understand why he won't draft WRs early, but he had his chance of getting a good WR in FA this year and didn't do it. I understand he made a committed effort at Moss, but he had no backup plan in case that fell through? Makes no sense to me. Stallworth shouldve never left like you said.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

tjpackers needs more cowbell.

he must think westbrook and mcnabb who always gets injured is all he needs
tjpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:36 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's just I never hear anything bad about Chad Johnson until all of this started and then all of the sudden everyone is like Chad sucks, TJ is the more consistent WR, blah blah blah.
Geo and Shiver have (from my memory) always said TJ was the better WR, probably two years now they've said it.

I think it's too hard to pick one or the other in saying who's better, they're just different WR's so I won't pick. I always said TJ was more important to us, however, Chad was/is damn good... I'm just a way more vocal now that he's turned into such a d-bag.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Geo and Shiver have (from my memory) always said TJ was the better WR, probably two years now they've said it.

I think it's too hard to pick one or the other in saying who's better, they're just different WR's so I won't pick. I always said TJ was more important to us, however, Chad was/is damn good... I'm just a way more vocal now that he's turned into such a d-bag.
I understand your frustration with him and can respect this post. In the way I feel people dont give CJ enough credit maybe I dont give TJ enough. Anyways, no point in beating this horse anymore. I dont mean any disrespect when I argue over this topic.

What does the Bengals draft look like without him? Him bringing up that he wants to be traded before the draft or he is sitting out was a prick thing to do since the draft is right around the corner. That doesnt leave much time to get something worked out and as a guy mentioned above me hopefully they dont settle for something like what was given for Moss or Owens. I know players never really sit out but it seems like if they keep him now it will be hell in that locker room and with all the media attention during the season.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

TJ says Chad should be traded. I wonder why.....
Old 04-17-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I understand your frustration with him and can respect this post. In the way I feel people dont give CJ enough credit maybe I dont give TJ enough. Anyways, no point in beating this horse anymore. I dont mean any disrespect when I argue over this topic.

What does the Bengals draft look like without him? Him bringing up that he wants to be traded before the draft or he is sitting out was a prick thing to do since the draft is right around the corner. That doesnt leave much time to get something worked out and as a guy mentioned above me hopefully they dont settle for something like what was given for Moss or Owens. I know players never really sit out but it seems like if they keep him now it will be hell in that locker room and with all the media attention during the season.
Hey, it's nice to "argue" with someone like you. You're reasonable about things and at least acknowledge both sides, you're not the sort to say they're always right.

Anyway, I think we go WR in the 3rd... Maybe the second. I'm personally hoping for the third. Chad will play, I really feel he won't be dealt.

Like I said, I love that Marvin isn't budging at all... But then again, I'd just assume we trade him for a late 1st/early 2nd to just get him out of here. It'd really annoy me if they did cave and got like a 3rd. As much of a pain as CJ is, I think if he went to a new team he'd bring them life initially. Then eventually they'd have to worry about him pouting but immediate results would be good IMO.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still seriously doubt that cinci will take an 8.03 million dollar cap hit to trade him away. Lets assume we get a first round pick out of it, we're going to go way over the salary cap after signing everyone just to get rid of him.

He's benched till 2010 or we get a really really good deal for it, otherwise throwing 8 million away is not worth it.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote