Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm Marvin Lewis, I'd still rather take the 8 million cap hit with the multiple 1st day picks for defense, find a way to manage around that money and try to make it work...Obviously his job is on the line, It's not going to help Marvin win with Chad on the bench with no compensation, so thats still like a cap hit when a guy isnt playing, he's under contract still, just eat the hit and take your losses...Ive seen worse, you will probably get a good deal, and if you hit on those picks have a chance to make a serious turnaround with alot more talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Legend View Post
Im surprised to see no one mention Oakland.
Quote:
In addition to the Cowboys and Eagles, the Raiders are reportedly among "several teams" that have expressed interest in Chad Johnson
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...h n%2bclayton
Old 04-17-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I still seriously doubt that cinci will take an 8.03 million dollar cap hit to trade him away. Lets assume we get a first round pick out of it, we're going to go way over the salary cap after signing everyone just to get rid of him.

He's benched till 2010 or we get a really really good deal for it, otherwise throwing 8 million away is not worth it.
Thats exactly right Bengalsrocket. I read through the entire thread to see if anyone was going to say anything about the cap hit the Bengals would take if we would trade Johnson. Its a situation were its better for him to sit the pine then to be traded. He can sit the pine for the rest of his contract and then we can watch his potential Hall of Fame career go down the garbage tubes. He needs to face the facts that he isnt going to get his contract renegotiated, he isnt going to get traded and he is going to sit the bench. I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt do something illegal next in order to get a suspension.

I have been hugely against drafting a WR early this season up until Chad's recent stunts. I used to believe that Chad would come to mandatory training camp and light the season on fire with a great year. Now I only think he is an idiot. The man said on live Television that he would be at mandatory training camp and he would be the same Chad Johnson when the season started. Now he is saying that he never said that? The man needs to watch the ESPN archive files or something and listen to himself. Maybe he should go back to College and take some classes instead of playing football. I have lost respect in him. He says he doesnt care that fans are disappointed in him, but in that same phone interview he said he would go to training camp. So I guess in reality he is crying in his room right now because we are all hurting his feelings. O well...still got TJ! and I expect big things from the other receivers we have and the one will will draft this year. I especially hope Holt has a good season.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walrus, stick around... We've gained 3 good Bengals posters in like a week, it's a whole lot less lonely if you all stick around lol.

I agree about being against a WR. Although, after Henry is finally gone I was (and I still am) hoping for one with one of our 3rd's. Bottom line is we need to shift to more of a running/defensive team.

With Carson at QB, our Oline and TJ we're always going to lean towards pass but Marvin has made a point of running more/passing less and that's what you need to do to win games in the NFL.

I really wish somehow CJ could not play, not show up and no talk. We all know this is impossible though so we'll just see how it goes.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yah I think Holt is pretty talented. A lot of people don't see him as any more than added depth / special teams, but he's got a lot of potential and I think Carson can turn him into a stud number 3 at least.

I'm really anxious to see how Marvin handles the roster this year. Up until now I feel that Marvin has changed this team around and he's a good coach - but this year he needs to prove he's got the strategy to win the AFC north. Its a tough division with a tough schedule and I wouldn't want to be him right now, but unfortunately its the situation he's in and he's got to handle it (or not handle it, and hopefully get fired if thats the case).
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:54 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Yah I think Holt is pretty talented. A lot of people don't see him as any more than added depth / special teams, but he's got a lot of potential and I think Carson can turn him into a stud number 3 at least.

I'm really anxious to see how Marvin handles the roster this year. Up until now I feel that Marvin has changed this team around and he's a good coach - but this year he needs to prove he's got the strategy to win the AFC north. Its a tough division with a tough schedule and I wouldn't want to be him right now, but unfortunately its the situation he's in and he's got to handle it (or not handle it, and hopefully get fired if thats the case).
It's a good thing you guys have such a gifted qb and offensive coordinator because Marvin has really not done much for the Bengals.

He is a defensive coach and their defense has not made any significant improvements during his tenure. He has seen talented young players come and go and nothing to really show for it. Aside from a few players the cupboard is pretty bare.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jason la confora (washington post writer/redskins insider) has reported that during the redskins head coaching interview process, discussions regarding chad johnson were a staple of the interviews with each head coach candidate. word has it that snyder and cerrato have a thing for ocho. also i believe that if the bengals wait till june to trade him the cap penalty gets cut from 8 mil down to 4. that makes the decision to move him before the draft even harder. i guess it depends on what they want.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the usual suspects will make an offer too good to pass up...Redskins are the likely choice to me too, sounds like a Snyder move...Old Al already made his move, I think Jerry thinks about it, but we would explore Boldin and Roy Williams first, and if those cant happen he might make the move...Id just hate it because we probably dont resign Hamlin.

Quote:
Old 04-18-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope someone can come up with a good deal with maybe a good defensive player and/or a draft pick. maybe wishful thinking but that would be nice.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
i hope someone can come up with a good deal with maybe a good defensive player and/or a draft pick. maybe wishful thinking but that would be nice.
I don't think its too out of the question, but usually good defensive players come with their own salary cap number. The Bengals might take a pretty large cap hit for the year if their inherited an inflated contract AND still paying for Ocho. I would much rather take a draft pick if I were the Bengals and grow some home made talent at a cheaper price.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope a deal gets done regardless. I know the salary cap hit is gonna be a large sum of money regardless of when we do decide to do a deal but it would be best for the team in the long run.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots are probably going to get him for an autographed Belicheck hoodie and win every game for the next 3 years by a minimum of 40 points.
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

Why must people really say TJ is better. Although I think I might burn my CJ jersey he is still far and away a better receiver than TJ. Without CJ this year I doubt TJ has more then 70 receptions. He just isn't a #1 receiver and any type of double team would completely negate him. It just saddens me when I think about a young CJ and how he would always say he would take the bengals to the top and be a part of the resurrection back to winning. He does make a point though, I mean it's not like the bengals didn't go to the playoffs, then next season blow it on the final 2 games of the year to miss the playoffs, then come back this season and suck worst then that. Marvin should be the one out not CJ.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsPwn View Post
Why must people really say TJ is better. Although I think I might burn my CJ jersey he is still far and away a better receiver than TJ. Without CJ this year I doubt TJ has more then 70 receptions. He just isn't a #1 receiver and any type of double team would completely negate him. It just saddens me when I think about a young CJ and how he would always say he would take the bengals to the top and be a part of the resurrection back to winning. He does make a point though, I mean it's not like the bengals didn't go to the playoffs, then next season blow it on the final 2 games of the year to miss the playoffs, then come back this season and suck worst then that. Marvin should be the one out not CJ.
I agree CJ > TJ. However, TJ would not be a terrible number 1. Hines Ward plays similarly to TJ, they just balanced the team by adding S. Holmes as a deep threat.

People need to realize great speed isn't what makes a number 1.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

Im sorry but Hines has infinite more YAC ability and big play potential then TJ. TJ can catch the occasional bomb when hes on a #2 or 3 CB but there no way he can go deep on ANY #1 CB in the league. Chris Henry would of been a great CJ replacement as he was our best big play WR but he isn't even on the team anymore. Without CJ our WR corps would be terrible and it sucks because there isn't even a WR worth taking in the top 20 this year to replace this huge hole. Desean would be an ideal replacement but I highly doubt we can land him in the 2nd.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsPwn View Post
Im sorry but Hines has infinite more YAC ability and big play potential then TJ. TJ can catch the occasional bomb when hes on a #2 or 3 CB but there no way he can go deep on ANY #1 CB in the league. Chris Henry would of been a great CJ replacement as he was our best big play WR but he isn't even on the team anymore. Without CJ our WR corps would be terrible and it sucks because there isn't even a WR worth taking in the top 20 this year to replace this huge hole. Desean would be an ideal replacement but I highly doubt we can land him in the 2nd.
Not going to try and start an argument, but TJ can make big plays (he proved that this year) and you have no idea how he will handle #1 CBs until he goes up against them more consistently.

Like I said earlier, I too think Chad is the better receiver. But you're acting like TJ is not valuable at all. He's in the top 5 #2's of this league (I'm thinking maybe Wes Welker / Santonio Holmes / Anquan Boldin / Reggie Wayne are all either equal or better, and thats not in a particular order btw).
Old 04-21-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
buckeyes4ever
Rookie

buckeyes4ever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
what would oakland give the Bengals?
A fourth round pick?

Jim Tressel: "a gentlmens code only applies to gentlmen"

"they give him the lane and.... OOOOOOOOOO. LEBRON JAMES WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!!!!!!!!!!"
buckeyes4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:41 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just Trade this man...he won't be productive if he stays and he wil be a hassle.

You haven't won anything with him.

What am I saying....keep him....I'm as steeler fan so what why would I want the Bengals to do anything smart or productive.

But i wasn't taking into effect the cap hit so I guess your better off keeping him

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:48 AM    (permalink
buckeyes4ever
Rookie

buckeyes4ever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You cant say that he wont be productive. One thing i give him props for is that even when hes unhappy he gives his all

Jim Tressel: "a gentlmens code only applies to gentlmen"

"they give him the lane and.... OOOOOOOOOO. LEBRON JAMES WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!!!!!!!!!!"
buckeyes4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:33 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On ESPN radio Chris Mortensen reported that the Redskins offered their 1st this year and 1st next year and the Bengals turned it down. He also reported the Cowboys and Eagles made offers as well.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
On ESPN radio Chris Mortensen reported that the Redskins offered their 1st this year and 1st next year and the Bengals turned it down. He also reported the Cowboys and Eagles made offers as well.
Wow 2 1st?? I hope we didnt offer that much, that's a pretty damn good offer.

Quote:
Old 04-22-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was this years first round pick, and next years third round pick. The next years pick could elevate to a first round pick if he met certain performance levels.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3358557

unbelievable they would turn that down
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah but the massive cap hit they'd have to take to deal Chad is hard to swallow. That said it would be an awesome deal.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Yeah but the massive cap hit they'd have to take to deal Chad is hard to swallow. That said it would be an awesome deal.
The best avenue is the Bengals and Johnson/Rosenhaus and agreeing to a restructuring of the contract, so that the Bengals can trade him, and then that restructuring won't matter anyways as Johnson/Rosenhaus will sign a new, big deal with the Redskins. If Chad wants out, give up the guaranteed money from Cincy and cash in in Washington. Get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
It was this years first round pick, and next years third round pick. The next years pick could elevate to a first round pick if he met certain performance levels.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3358557

unbelievable they would turn that down
Seriously, I would take that deal.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:49 AM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That was a close one, why can't the redskins just hold a draft pick?