Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 09-07-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p3DVnn7bzpQ

I remember one time we went up to New England and it was the game Boller just scrambled out and dropped the football and then the TV announcer said that Billick said "the thing I like about Boller is he never makes the same mistake twice." And Sharpe bashed him for it. I think after our 6-10 season at one point Sharpe said we should fire Billick.
Billick got him a ring no respect...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I no there were a lot of people including me who thought we should have fired him then, but I think he should keep him now.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

People can say a lot about Billick's Offense and Billick can't develop a QB or Billick is overrated. The bottom line is we never get blown out, he keeps the Team focused on the game, he develops Head Coaches (Jack Del Rio, Mike Nolan, Marvin Lewis), he manages ego better than anyone in the league hands down, Works with the Front Office better then anyone in the league and he is great with the Fans. Billick's job is not to develop players thats the assistant coaches job to develop the talent, Billick needs to manage the entire ordeal and orchestrate a game plan to help us win and stay competitive. If you can find another HC that does that as well as he does then bring him in and see if he can do better... till then Lets not 2nd guess Ozzie and the Front Office and let them make the choice to who is going to run the Team !
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
People can say a lot about Billick's Offense and Billick can't develop a QB or Billick is overrated. The bottom line is we never get blown out, he keeps the Team focused on the game, he develops Head Coaches (Jack Del Rio, Mike Nolan, Marvin Lewis), he manages ego better than anyone in the league hands down, Works with the Front Office better then anyone in the league and he is great with the Fans. Billick's job is not to develop players thats the assistant coaches job to develop the talent, Billick needs to manage the entire ordeal and orchestrate a game plan to help us win and stay competitive. If you can find another HC that does that as well as he does then bring him in and see if he can do better... till then Lets not 2nd guess Ozzie and the Front Office and let them make the choice to who is going to run the Team !
I would like this argument more if you wouldn't have opened with his offense and then mentioned his coaching tree which are all from the defensive side. I realize you are defending Coach and I'm all for that but we all know this team isn't know for its offense.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:51 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BuJJa6etJtI
Old 10-13-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am Matt Stover! That is a great song for our beastly Kicker I was just about to post it.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must say it was great to see Jarrett Johnson back in the Defensive Line rotation where he's most effective in penetration and run stuffing. I hope Rex Ryan took notice of this.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

he is the starting OLB because we dont have anyone better yet.

I just got a authentic D-will jersey for $68.25 at the stadium and it is sweet.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I must say it was great to see Jarrett Johnson back in the Defensive Line rotation where he's most effective in penetration and run stuffing. I hope Rex Ryan took notice of this.
True, I like seeing Jarret getting some reps on the line but he's been very effective at outside backer as well. He was in the backfield all day against the Rams, and he's been a really great piece for us.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

He's not Adel but he does his job, I have nothing negative to say about Johnson he does his job...
Old 10-15-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Antwan Barnes needs to learn some moves, he tries to bull rush everytime and I dont think he has the strength to beat most OTs strait up, he needs to learn Boulware's spin move which I believe Boulware learned from Mike McCrary.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yes but he has great speed. I noticed him in the backfield a couple of times, plus I noticed he was so close to sacking the QB then he moved up in the pocket and had Ngata get him.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck this week in what should be a pillowfight between two equally unproductive offenses. The difference maker however is the fact that you have much more consistent players on defense. Our guys may come up with some big plays but they give up just as many big plays. My guess is for this week is the Ravens win 16-6
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

I'm thinking 24-6 Ravens over the Bills. I look for Willis to have a big game rushing, over 100 yards and 2 TD's, Kyle throwing for another and of course the obligatory Matt Stover FG.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-16-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm thinking 24-6 Ravens over the Bills. I look for Willis to have a big game rushing, over 100 yards and 2 TD's, Kyle throwing for another and of course the obligatory Matt Stover FG.
After starting in our usual atrocious form, we've actually clamped down a bit lately. We only allowed 60 yards and a 3.2 avg against the Jets, and 76 yards with a 3.4 avg against Dallas.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
After starting in our usual atrocious form, we've actually clamped down a bit lately. We only allowed 60 yards and a 3.2 avg against the Jets, and 76 yards with a 3.4 avg against Dallas.
I'm not slighting the Bills Defense at all with my prediction, at least I'm not trying to. But sooner or later our offense has to carry this team and every week I keep hoping for it and this week is no different.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-16-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not slighting the Bills Defense at all with my prediction, at least I'm not trying to. But sooner or later our offense has to carry this team and every week I keep hoping for it and this week is no different.
Well I'm not trying to slight your prediction skills, but The Bills are gonna win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO THE BILLS!!!

Sorry about that.

Also: http://www.willisistrash.com/
I already hate whoever wears one of those shirts to the game.

And it's awesome that Boller is starting (for your sake). Not so awesome that Edwards is (for my sake).
Old 10-16-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well I'm not trying to slight your prediction skills, but The Bills are gonna win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO THE BILLS!!!

Sorry about that.

And it's awesome that Boller is starting (for your sake). Not so awesome that Edwards is (for my sake).
Yes it is awesome and hey he can't do no worse then Tony Romo. ;)

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-16-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
he is the starting OLB because we dont have anyone better yet.

I just got a authentic D-will jersey for $68.25 at the stadium and it is sweet.
Is it a youth small? How was it only $68.25 for an authentic?

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 10-16-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

no the size is 50. That is what it says on the tag.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Jonathan Ogden

If Jonathan Ogden is not able to play in the Baltimore Ravens' Nov. 5 game at the Pittsburgh Steelers, the 10-time Pro Bowl tackle might not play again this season, Coach Brian Billick said Monday.

Ogden has been recovering from a hyperextended big toe that he initially injured last season and aggravated in the season opener. He has been practicing with the team in recent weeks, but has been unable to play in a game. If he still can't play after the bye (Oct. 28), then the Ravens might consider placing him on injured reserve.

Chris McAlister

Chris McAlister said he has been told by the Ravens that he will miss three weeks with a strained right knee, but the cornerback wouldn't rule out returning for the Pittsburgh Steelers game on Nov. 5.

McAlister acknowledged the knee has bothered him the past couple of weeks.

Last edited by The Legend : 10-16-2007 at 08:03 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

crap!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

There have been differing reports on CMac so until the Ravens come out and say he is out Im not buyin it yet.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 10-16-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:

Sorry about that.

Really? Seemed like every Buffalo fan found the time to come in here and trash Willis when we got him so Im suprised by that statement.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 10-16-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Really? Seemed like every Buffalo fan found the time to come in here and trash Willis when we got him so Im suprised by that statement.
I'm not against displaying Willis hatred, especially at the game, just that particular campaign. I hate the guy (:)), and I stand by what I see as all the fair criticism I have had towards him.