Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Coaches You Hate

we did players, why not coaches?

They have to be head coaches btw. Going into DCs and OCs would be overkill.

My list:

1. Wade Phillips: Gave no credit to the Giants after losing, was more worried about stats during the season then being ready for the playoffs, took veiled shots at Parcells when he hasn't accomplished a thing in his career, took a sack away from Osi bc he wanted Ware to finish with more sacks, and just not a very good leader of men. Everytime they interview him he sounds like a dope, i feel like going to sleep every time he talks.

2. Mike Nolan: just a bad head coach. I like his attitude, but the decisions he's made since the day he's become coach, i don't think ive disagreed with a coach more than Mike Nolan. he needs to go.

3. Romeo Crennel: he's just a tool really. the success they had was because of an offensive wake up, not bc of Crennell. This guy needed a coin toss to decide who his qb was going to be? He just rode Bellichick's coattails to a HC position.

4. Marvin Lewis: just comes off as a phony guy to me. and has never really done anything. anyone couldve coached that Ravens defense. what has he done since? i give him making the Bengals meaningful again, but he also made the mess that is the Bengals today. Didn't do a damn thing with that defense. Shouldve already been fired.

I know some expected Coughlin in there. We have a love/hate relationship. We're in the love phase right now.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 04-17-2008 at 11:59 AM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

tjpackers needs more cowbell.

Bill Belichick cause hes the patriots coach and he cheats
tjpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade Phillips
Norv Turner

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bill Belichick
Wade Phillips

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. whoever is coaching the cowboys
2. tie between whoever is coaching the giants/eagles
Old 04-17-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
My list:

1. Wade Phillips: Gave no credit to the Giants after losing, was more worried about stats during the season then being ready for the playoffs, took veiled shots at Parcells when he hasn't accomplished a thing in his career, took a sack away from Osi bc he wanted Ware to finish with more sacks, and just not a very good leader of men.
I despise Wade Phillips. He looks lost and confused on the sidelines and he has no idea what's going on. Bill Parcells and Jerry Jones made that team, Phillips had nothing to do with their success, and the talk last year of him getting Coach of the Year was ridiculous.

I also don't have a lot of love for Belicheck, Lovie Smith, and Mike Shanahan.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Bill Belichick, i just hate the guy, i really do. Cheaters never win...
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

2. Mike Nolan: just a bad head coach. I like his attitude, but the decisions he's made since the day he's become coach, i don't think ive disagreed with a coach more than Mike Nolan. he needs to go.
I don't think he's terrible...but i have a worse opinion of him today than i did at this time last year.

I hate his game management though...he is either way too conservative (not going for it on 4th and inches, kicking a field goal with less than 2 minutes in a game after being down by 7) or too stupidely agressive (going for it on 4th and 3 at the opponent 20 yard line when down 17-0 in the 3rd quarter). And he holds on to starters too long...Trent Dilfer should not have started 7 games this season, Darrell Jackson shouldn't have started 15, etc..

The real problem of this team has been revolving doors for OC's. Say what you will, but not many head coaches know offense and defense. An offensive HC will need a stable DC, and vice versa.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific View Post
I despise Wade Phillips. He looks lost and confused on the sidelines and he has no idea what's going on. Bill Parcells and Jerry Jones made that team, Phillips had nothing to do with their success, and the talk last year of him getting Coach of the Year was ridiculous.

I also don't have a lot of love for Belicheck, Lovie Smith, and Mike Shanahan.
well, while i think his "improvements" on defense have been exaggerated, we do have to give him some credit. he did improve in some ways, but the same issues in my eyes remained the same: they still couldn't stop teams from throwing on them, despite increased sack numbers. they were always good against the run.

as for their record, i think that was a combination of 3 things.

1. Romo growing into his own and playing a whole season
2. Garrett taking the offense to the next step
3. Phillip's personality being a breathe of fresh air

so while i think Phillips is not a good coach and is primarily just riding a ready made team, i will give him some credit, although not as much as others do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I don't think he's terrible...but i have a worse opinion of him today than i did at this time last year.

I hate his game management though...he is either way too conservative (not going for it on 4th and inches, kicking a field goal with less than 2 minutes in a game after being down by 7) or too stupidely agressive (going for it on 4th and 3 at the opponent 20 yard line when down 17-0 in the 3rd quarter). And he holds on to starters too long...Trent Dilfer should not have started 7 games this season, Darrell Jackson shouldn't have started 15, etc..

The real problem of this team has been revolving doors for OC's. Say what you will, but not many head coaches know offense and defense. An offensive HC will need a stable DC, and vice versa.
that is true. Coughlin is an example of this. but personell decisions are poor in my eyes too. Does he honestly think Martz is going to work for him? thats a terrible fit. a lot of player personnel decisions i disagree with too.

I like his attitude, i think he's a decent DC, but he's just not a HC in my eyes.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 04-17-2008 at 12:23 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romeo is not a great coach, but he's one of the most likable head coaches in the NFL. Everyone hates Belicheck, Shanahan, and Norv Turner. Personally I don't like Wade Phillips, Marvin Lewis, or Bam Childress too much.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know I just can't figure Marvin Lewis out. I think he helped assemble that Raven's Defense. He also helped rebuild the city of New Orleans, I mean the Bengals. Unfortunately the defense that he built was made on the bulwarks of bad character guys that Marvin Lewis did not want to bring there in the first place. Chad Johnson was on of those guys, and look what's happening with that. I feel that if Marvin Lewis is given three more years, he will have that team back on track, but I am not sure he is going to get that.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bill Belichick

I can't think of another coach that I actually dislike. For the most part, I just feel indifferent towards other coaches.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:31 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

who is that WR in your avatar???
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BB and also Brad Childress

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Billy Boy and Brian Billick (I still hate him, even if he is gone)
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
NFLCommander
Rookie

NFLCommander hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.NFLCommander hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hate Brad Childress, Bill Belicheck, Lovie Smith and Mike Nolan
NFLCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
who is that WR in your avatar???
Brandon Lloyd the WR who catches one ball one handed a year and doesnt try after that one catch

Old 04-17-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Mangini- F that dude.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Mike Tice is the only coach I can ever remember really hating.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant really argue with the Wade Phillip comments, because I pretty much agree...The 2nd half of the Giants game he looked like a Deer in front of headlights, he's also not a great motivator, thats why I was so happy we over paid Garrett, Im pretty sure he will take over our 1st season in the new stadium.

But I dislike Marvin Lewis, dont understand why he's been given so many chances, and he has yet to turn around that defense, Crennel is finally getting his defense together as a DC that should be priority, why has Cincy been consistently so bad on that side of the ball? This is his last year anyway and he's gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Brandon Lloyd the WR who catches one ball one handed a year and doesnt try after that one catch
Good thing he is with the Bears now.

1.Bill Belichick
2.Mike Sherman
3.Wade Phillips
4.Brad Childress
5.Lovie Smith

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I hate Wade Phillips.

He's Jerry's little puppet and acts like he has credentials. The only think he's managed to do was take what Parcells set up for him, and still not win jack squat.

I also hate Norv Turner because he's Norv Turner.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Good thing he is with the Bears now.

1.Bill Belichick
2.Mike Sherman
3.Wade Phillips
4.Brad Childress
5.Lovie Smith
He gonna cut him before Training Camp thats what i think

Old 04-17-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade Phillips is easily #1 for me. I remember before the 2nd eagles-cowboys game I saw a press conference for him and he was talking about how the lions were a good team and how they were 6-2 for a reason and stuff, then a reporter asked him if he thought the eagles were good and he laughed and said no with a smug look on his face and the whole room started laughing. Then the eagles proceeded to beat them a few days later and the look on his face was priceless. It's also funny how he thought the lions were good and the eagles weren't yet the eagles beat the lions 56-21 earlier in the season.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Bill Belichick
Wade Phillips
hell yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote