Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-17-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
vikesrock28

I love it, that would allow us to address the offensive line, secondary depth, and TE position, if not QB.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think anything will happen till draft day although. I also heard that the Chiefs want 1st and 2nd this year.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
vikesrock28

Tough **** for them. Nobody will give up that much.

Just like with KG, Moss, and Culpepper. The Chiefs don't have the option to be picky.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikesrock28 View Post
Tough **** for them. Nobody will give up that much.

Just like with KG, Moss, and Culpepper. The Chiefs don't have the option to be picky.
I think we will get him for a 1st and a 3rd and a Next years Pick. We need Allen. He would fit in to our defense perfectly and we would finally have a pass rusher that can actually get sacks and it would take our 31 pass defense to probably around 8-13 and we already have the number 1 rush defense.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
vikesrock28

I think a first and third max.

Nobody will give them more than that, but yeah, acquiring Allen would be perfect.

We offered a first and second next year.

They wanted picks this year. So they can take or leave the first and third this year or they can fall back on the original offer.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boy, I could see a first and a third, but a first and a second in a draft is a steep price to pay.

A first next year and our third rounders for the next two years would probably be my limit.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

MNRunLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What about dealing our 1st and 4th and a 2nd in 09? Seems like it would give the Chiefs what they want with two picks in this years and the Vikings still have 3 picks in the first 3 rounds....
MNRunLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll cream my pants if we get Allen at almost any price, as long as it is within reality...aka not the next Herschel Walker deal

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
I'll cream my pants if we get Allen at almost any price, as long as it is within reality...aka not the next Herschel Walker deal
Yeah lol....Lets just hope its in reality and none of the Picks turn into Hall of Famers and what 4 superbowls? lol.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
vikesrock28

I think since that trade the Vikes have been passive in the area of blockbuster trades.

They gotta be aggressive here though.

Chris Doleman, guys. He was our last competent end. Pathetic.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Yeah lol....Lets just hope its in reality and none of the Picks turn into Hall of Famers and what 4 superbowls? lol.
Lol, god that trade was bad. At the least, it would probably take the Chiefs longer to turn our picks into a championship team if everything goes to hell this time around...so there is an upside to it!

Old 04-18-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think since that trade the Vikes have been passive in the area of blockbuster trades.

Well then, you must not be familiar with the beast that was Talance Sawyer.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
vikesrock28

To top it off Mike Lynn got re-imbursed by the team after he left for assisting with the Metrodome Deal. So He makes that trade, sells to Red McCombs, and still gets paid for it all. I could shoot that S.O.B.!
Old 04-18-2008, 02:57 AM    (permalink
vikesrock28

From PFT...

ALLEN’S HISTORY HAMPERS NEGOTIATIONS
Posted by Mike Florio on April 17, 2008, 11:04 p.m.
As teams like the Minnesota Vikings and Tampa Bay Buccaneers explore the possibility of working out a long-term deal with the Kansas City Chiefs for franchise-tagged defensive end Jared Allen, the looming concern is Allen’s two prior DUI arrests, which culminated in a four-game suspension in 2007 that Commissioner Roger Goodell eventually cut in half.

And due to the elimination from the 2006 revisions to the Collective Bargaining Agreement of sweeping signing bonus forfeiture provisions, any team that gives Allen a huge chunk of guaranteed money will be able to recover only a limited amount of the cash if Allen, for example, celebrates his new contract by bending an elbow moments before driving a car.

So with Allen wanting $30 million in guaranteed money, there’s simply no way for any team to get adequate protection. The easiest (and perhaps only) way for a team to ensure that it doesn’t get burned is to dump a bunch of the money into annual roster bonuses and/or salaries that are guaranteed for injury only. Then, if Allen acts up in any given year, he can be cut and the future financial obligations can be avoided.

Whether Allen has really put his past in his behind (or something), no one really knows. Bucs running back Michael Bennett has vouched for his former Chiefs teammate, according to our friends at Pewter Report: “Jared has really matured and he’s over that,” Bennett said. “I’ve been around the guy and know how serious he takes his job. A lot of people make mistakes and we learn from them.”

But then there’s the little issue of Allen’s restaurant/bar. It’s called Club 69. And if the double-entendre based on Allen’s jersey number wasn’t enough, the club’s far less subtle motto is “Wine ‘Em, Dine ‘Em, 69 ‘Em.”

Yeah, Jared has matured.

Look, he’s a dominant player. He’s arguably one of the best defensive ends in the game. But if this guy thinks that anyone is going to make a huge financial investment without finding a way to protect itself against him having another run-in with alcohol, then perhaps he already has had one.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
RollingMoss
Rookie

RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Well then, you must not be familiar with the beast that was Talance Sawyer.
Duane Clemons and Derrick Alexander would like to have a word with you as well.

Warren Sapp, however, is smoking weed and laughing. Lucky bastard.

I hear we offered him 8/$71 mill....not bad for a 26yearold DE with a slightly lower Kampman-motor and better skills. I hope we don't have to throw in this year's 2nd though for "Wine 'em, dine 'em, 69 'em"...you stay classy, Jared.

Jared?

Ya there?

He's passed out drunk in a ditch, I see.
RollingMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Lance Johnstone wasn't great, but he was competent.
Vikings4ever is online now   Reply With Quote