Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-18-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas
Default Give Troy a chance!

I really hope im not the only Ravens fan who doesnt want Matt Ryan. The guy is shaky and careless. Hes the exact opposite of what Troy Smith brings so our offensive playbook wouldn't flow well with them 2.
If we go after a QB i want one in the later rounds, like I've said..
1. Brian Brohm - 2nd
2. Andre Woodson (maybe) - 3rd
3. J Johnson or Brennan - 4th
I'd be so much more happy with any of those 4 guys than Ryan..

I think corner is our biggest need and just because McNair is gone doesn't mean we need to jump all over Ryan. Give Troy a chance.
Bring in McKelvin or DRC to the Ravens!

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

no input this time?

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan is the best QB in this draft class right now. If you don't want Matt Ryan its because you need another position more than QB or don't find his value at your 1st round draft spot correct.

With that being said, I think Troy Smith is better than Matt Ryan, and I'd certainly try him out next year. The 1 game I saw with him he had good zip on the ball and seemed to handle it fairly well.

Also, I wouldn't count KC out of taking Matt Ryan, especially if they trade away Jared Allen.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

DONT DRAFT MATT RYAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is so overrated is it crazy.. he is not the answer..
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GO TROY SMITH!!!!!!!!!!! I tink he can be the future, and NO RYAN, I would prefer Flacco in the 2nd then Ryan in the 1st.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO Troy showed more than enough to earn a chance to lead this offense in 08. Boller is a career backup and should not start whatsoever. However I wouldnt mind taking a QB round 2 or 3 for insurance if Troy doesnt pan out. Someone like Woodson or Josh Johnson. or even Brennan if hes there.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You ravens fans always have the funniest little inner-parties
The Kyle Boller Coalitlion and now give Troy a Chance. I honestly liked both.

Theres no Craig Nall coalition among packer fans (though there was a crazy user who said Nall was the next Favre)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
You ravens fans always have the funniest little inner-parties
The Kyle Boller Coalitlion and now give Troy a Chance. I honestly liked both.

Theres no Craig Nall coalition among packer fans (though there was a crazy user who said Nall was the next Favre)
I never joined the Kyle Boller Coalition cause it was evident that he sucked big time during his first couple years, he was never going to get good. Troy Smith looked promising during his starts. He displayed things you look for in a QB: a good arm to make the throws, pocket presence, elusiveness, clutch handling of situations (see final drive during Miami game), and a good head on his shoulders. He needs to work on accuracy and going through his progressions. But he's got the tools and the mental make up (which Boller lacks) to be successful. He's judicious will the ball and won't make unnecessary forced throws.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea he will take his lumps like every QB during the begining, but I think he can be a starter
Old 04-20-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do too, and I don't think hes height will slow him down either. Hopefully the franchise sees things about him the same way we do and give him a chance. im sure Cam Cameron should do wonders with him.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think we can work roll outs with him, he is mobile enough and his height wont be a issue with roll outs. Send the TE on a down and out that is a easy 5-7 yard gain.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point we have to give everyone at every position a chance. It could be an incredible year for us but on the same token a very trying year. Either way the progress gained from this season will benefit us for the future and we can't lose sight of that as fans.

For whoever is the starting QB: play smart, limit mistakes, and just put us in a position to be there come the final 2 minutes.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
At this point we have to give everyone at every position a chance. It could be an incredible year for us but on the same token a very trying year. Either way the progress gained from this season will benefit us for the future and we can't lose sight of that as fans.

For whoever is the starting QB: play smart, limit mistakes, and just put us in a position to be there come the final 2 minutes.
Only issue there is we don't have that big play threat so teams can play us conservatively.. plus Cam's Offense is not going to be ball control and sit back and wait till the last 2 minutes..
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote