Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-18-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.
Default Mikedoobie's Ravens Mock

1. Leodis McKelvin | CB | Troy
In my opinion the clear cut #1 CB prospect. Has fluid hips, can jump for the ball, great footwork and is a playmaker in the secondary and has the ability like many other ravens to take it for a TD at any point. Has shut down top players while at Troy, Calvin Johnson the most impressive keeping him to two catches and something like 17 yards (can quite remember). Has potential the ability to take on any size reciever which cant be said about alot of the prospects which is what seperates him as a player. Will add to our ST and could be our PR as Figurs is a better KR, plus we could show some weird ST looks with Reed, him and Figurs.

2. Calais Campbell | DE | Miami (Fl.)
I dont think either henne or Flacco fit our system that will be short to intermediate passes similar to how Cameron did in Chargers with the same type of players on offense. However if Brohm where within reasonable trading distance that would be nice as he would fit the ravens system, also i could see us looking at Malcolm Kelly if there. But in the end i dont see it happening a choose the best DL who drops and Campbell could be a terror in our defense. He obviously has the physical tools id just like to see him refine his technique as a run stopper (leverage) and utiize more pass rush moves. Could be an absolute stud.

*3. Jerome Simpson | WR | Costal Carolina
He has all the physical tools you look for in a developmental WR. Has HUGE hands and can snatch the ball anywhere on the field, good body size and nice vertical. Cam Cameron will help him with his route running and seperation and if coached properly could develop into a very good player. Could be just a possesion reciever but has the potential to be more.

4. Josh Johnson | QB | San Diego
Yes i finally address the QB situation some might find this too late but Boller and Smith are two capable guys at this point, plus i wouldnt mind seeing if either devlop under Cameron (yes im including Boller). Josh Johnson is one of the most accurate QBs in the draft, has an amazing completion perecntage and one of the quickest and most compact releases that is picture perfect. Learned under Jim Harbaugh so theres that connection, and is one of the only small school division Qbs that i would feel confident to say will translate into the NFL because of production on the field in which he just dominated and in terms of skill. There arent many knocks on him other then level of competition and has a skinny frame but shows tons of room to build on it. Love his footwork which is quick and precise perefct for our offense and has that tempo in his step. Absolutely love him and i hope we draft him as he has all the tools and if developed could be very good, plus hes beyond athletic.

*4. Craig Stevens | TE | Cal
You can never have enough TE's especially how we dont know the length of Sypnewski's injury but i expect a long recovery. Stevens is an outstanding blocker and brings you back to the way that guys like Ditka had played the game from the TE spot. best all around TE who can offer both in the passing and running game and will allow use to have more formations in which Heap can be split out at WR and create the mismatches that are needed in todays NFL.

6. Kory Lichtensteiger | C | Bowling Green
He is a football player with top intangibles, experience and can be a leader on the line. While he doesnt have the potential this is the type of guy you could just plug in and not worry about. Will not blow you away and is a bit on the small side, but is a competitor and I cant see him not performing in the NFL with his playing style and attitude. Ravens type player and could step in should Chris Chester not play up to his potential. Great backup inside.

*6. Darnell Tarrell | DB | Missouri
Played CB in college but may have to make the transition to S but is a versatile player. has incredible combine numbers but doesnt perform up to them, would provide some insurance and depth at S and would be a performer on the ST. Has some room to grow still and could develop into those numbers.

7. Taylor Mehlhaff | K | Wisconsin
In a terrible draft for kickers Mehlhalff may be the only drafted one. Has a strong leg and would immediatley take over on kickoffs which is desperately needed and could develop under Stover who is bound to retire at some point while also giving us a kicker who can kick the 45+ ones if needed.

*7. Marcus Tomas | RB | UTEP
Would have liked to address RB earlier but felt that it is a position that can be more plug and play and careers are shorter so investing high draft picks are somewhat wasteful, plus PJ Daniels hopefully has developed nicely. Thomas is a strong and powerful runner and could be used on goal line sitautions, good blocker and has good hands. An excellent role player.

thoughts or questions?

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

great mock for once. love it.
only thing is..
Im not 100% sold on jerome simpson. Maybe Jordy Nelson or Lavelle Hawkins there would be great.
and..
Marcus Thomas is a bum. I want a guy who has potential to be our #2 combo back. An explosive player who can change games..
Danny Woodhead.

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordquas View Post
great mock for once. love it.
only thing is..
Im not 100% sold on jerome simpson. Maybe Jordy Nelson or Lavelle Hawkins there would be great.
and..
Marcus Thomas is a bum. I want a guy who has potential to be our #2 combo back. An explosive player who can change games..
Danny Woodhead.
I have to agree here... Simpson I don't really like much.. and we have not had the best luck with developing WR in baltimore. I think we need to get someone with a proven track record not a project. WR are not like RB's they don't take a ton of abuse so because they were productive in College.. they can be productive on some level in the Pro's...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the 6th round pick but why is everyone acting like RB is such a need position for us. We have Willis, Cory Ross, PJ Daniels who is going to be given another shot, and likely have Musa back. Where is a draftee going to fit in there?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

Our whole coaching staff on offense has changed so saying we are not good at developing WRs isnt true. Cam Cameron and our new offensive staff will be developing these players not the same clumsy guys of Billick, so this year i think we can take shots on talented athletes that Cameron and the offense can develop into some key parts in our offense, like they did with the Chargers where he helped develop Antonio Gates and Vincent Jackson who was extremely raw.

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:24 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedoobie View Post
Our whole coaching staff on offense has changed so saying we are not good at developing WRs isnt true. Cam Cameron and our new offensive staff will be developing these players not the same clumsy guys of Billick, so this year i think we can take shots on talented athletes that Cameron and the offense can develop into some key parts in our offense, like they did with the Chargers where he helped develop Antonio Gates and Vincent Jackson who was extremely raw.
Hopefully you are correct, but lets hope Cam is here long enough to actually make a difference. The plus is know one is going to jump at an Offensive Coordinator with Head Coaching experience of 1-15.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote