Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-19-2008, 11:28 PM    (permalink
BuffaloDraftGeek
Rookie

BuffaloDraftGeek hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default What would you think of this draft?

1: DE Derrick Harvey/Florida
2: OT Oniel Cousins/UTEP
3: DT/DE Kendall Langford/Hampton (Johnson replacement)
3b: TE Martin Rucker/Missouri
4: OG Chad Rinehart/Nothern Iowa

I represented the Vikings in a mock draft. We didn't do an entire draft, just the first 4 rounds, but tell me what you think. I am not a Vikings fan (Bills fan, obviously), so I had to do some research. Tell me what you think, though?
Old 04-19-2008, 11:52 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's Johnson?

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Who's Johnson?
I assume he means Spencer Johnson.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:02 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohhh lol. We did sign Ellis Wyms for a Back up DT. But We could use one.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:47 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloDraftGeek View Post
1: DE Derrick Harvey/Florida
2: OT Oniel Cousins/UTEP
3: DT/DE Kendall Langford/Hampton (Johnson replacement)
3b: TE Martin Rucker/Missouri
4: OG Chad Rinehart/Nothern Iowa

I represented the Vikings in a mock draft. We didn't do an entire draft, just the first 4 rounds, but tell me what you think. I am not a Vikings fan (Bills fan, obviously), so I had to do some research. Tell me what you think, though?
Yeahhh, fat chance that we get Harvey. Very, very unlikely.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:02 PM    (permalink
RollingMoss
Rookie

RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Making this a game. Everyone put up what your dream draft would be.

Here we go:

1) Phil Merling - under two assumptions: 1) We don't get JAllen, 2) DHarvey doesn't drop and we don't trade up. If we get Allen, I'd put Chris Williams here.
2) Anthony Collins, OT - doubt he drops this far, but that'd be nice
3) Josh Barrett, S - kid's a stud
3) Jason Jones/Kendell Langford, DE - whichever one is here, take them. I think they both could be Very good.
4) Martin Rucker, TE - I think he's gonna drop here, and I'd be happy with that
5) Dexter Jackson/Eddie Royal, WR - whichever one is here, take them.
6) Colt Brennan, QB - that's right, I'm one of them, those sick ******* degenerates who believe Colt could be good. Disgusting, I know.
7) DT? I dunno. BPA?
RollingMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we draft Merling the draft is ruined for me and I will cry. A draft of Merling in the 1st and Henne in the 2nd will make me hate the Vikings until everyone in the front office is fired and they are cut.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
blackbelt3d
Rookie

blackbelt3d hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
If we draft Merling the draft is ruined for me and I will cry. A draft of Merling in the 1st and Henne in the 2nd will make me hate the Vikings until everyone in the front office is fired and they are cut.
You and I are on the same page, Gonzo, especially on Merling.

Why would the Vikings, who sorely need a fast, pass rushing defensive end, draft a defensive end who can't pass rush?

Not only that, but IMO Merling is overvalued by about a round and a half.

Quote:
I heard Childress was being considered to coach the US Olympic bobsled team. They figure he can get a team to go downhill faster than anyone.
blackbelt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbelt3d View Post
You and I are on the same page, Gonzo, especially on Merling.

Why would the Vikings, who sorely need a fast, pass rushing defensive end, draft a defensive end who can't pass rush?

Not only that, but IMO Merling is overvalued by about a round and a half.
That's why I think we are all hoping either the Trade gets Done if not Harvey Falls to Us and if that doesn't happen We should take the Best OT on the Board.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
That's why I think we are all hoping either the Trade gets Done if not Harvey Falls to Us and if that doesn't happen We should take the Best OT on the Board.
It appears that quite a bit of Vikings fans love Merling. I think if we take Merling he will just end up being another in a long line of first round busts at DE for us. I really hope we trade for Allen as he is in his prime and still young enough to be a force on our team for years. If not him then why not trade up for Harvey. I mean, we are willing to give up high picks for Allen anyways. I has been warming up to the idea of OT in the first for a while but the more I think about it the more I realize that if we don't come out of the draft with Harvey or Allen I will be veru disapointed.