Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, look how well they got that type of deal last year when Calvin Johnson fell to their pick.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Is he supposed to sign Willams (a FA after 08) long-term, BBD? You never struck me as a guy who would spend big money on two receivers at once.
good question.

Me personally, I feel that the WR position is the most overrated position in football, and I wouldn't even draft one in the first round. Id get mine exclusively through later rounds and FA.

However, in Detroit's case, I think they need to hold onto as much talent as they can long term as possible. Let's face it, this is not a good drafting team, its not like we can assume theyll be fine without him by spending their money and drafting well to accommodate his absence.

Also, lets not forget that you have a qb waiting in the wings. Why get rid of what is at the moment his most consistent playmaker on offense? I think you can spend big money on 2 WRs in today's league if you want to, if you allot your money wisely in other places.

You have a Tampa 2 defense, that saves a lot of money which allows you to spend more offensively. Now if they can just draft talent at oline, and save money by getting quality mid round RBs used in an RBC tandem, thats good enough.

The money has to be spent wisely to pull it off, and Detroit has the schemes in place to do it, they just have to be better at management to pull it off. Can Millen of all ppl be the one to do this? I don't know, i doubt it honestly. But it can be done.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, look how well they got that type of deal last year when Calvin Johnson fell to their pick.
exactly. i bet gruden was letting f-bombs fly in the buccaneers war room that day....

if i were the lions i would have jumped down just for a 3rd rounder even. the browns werent going to take gaines adams and getting any player at 4 would have been cheaper than any player at 2....
Old 04-21-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...70/1048/sports

not gonna happen....get those pickles in your pockets under control NFC east fans, lol

good quote in there:
This part was more revealing imo:

Quote:
But the talk persists. In the latest episode, Eagles radio analyst Mike Quick says there will be news on Williams before the week is out. GCobb.com — a Web site run by former Lions, Eagles and Cowboys linebacker Garry Cobb, now a Philadelphia media personality — reports “that means the Cowboys, Redskins or the Eagles will probably wind up with the receiver.”

At the Lions’ pre-draft news conference today, Millen was asked if there was any way the Lions would trade Williams. He just laughed.

Seated next to Millen, Marinelli said: “Don’t even ask me.” Asked if that meant no, Millen continued to laugh and said: “That thing is brutal.”
Old 04-21-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id love me some ocho but id have no problems with roy either. ultimately i dont care if its ocho, roy, or anquan. as long as its one of them. and im getting more and more confident that one of the three will be a skin by week 1.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
id love me some ocho but id have no problems with roy either. ultimately i dont care if its ocho, roy, or anquan. as long as its one of them. and im getting more and more confident that one of the three will be a skin by week 1.
based on the skins past, id say your most likely to have CJ out of that crew....id personally prefer anquan but hes beastly, and that could just be me, lol
Old 04-21-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would just be weird if Dallas had 2 Roy Williams'.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

I hope the Eagles get him, Lito is a non need and would be a waste just having him at nickel.

That is pretty funny that Millen never managed to trade Charles Rogers, or Mike Williams (even though they all ended up cut) but he tries to trade his one good draft pick.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles own the NFC East View Post
I hope the Eagles get him, Lito is a non need and would be a waste just having him at nickel.

That is pretty funny that Millen never managed to trade Charles Rogers, or Mike Williams (even though they all ended up cut) but he tries to trade his one good draft pick.
Except Lito would be the #2, not the nickel.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

The way to look at it, I think, is like this. The Lions could have:
  • Roy Williams signed long-term + DE Gaines Adams + whatever else Tampa Bay was willing to offer last year; or
  • Calvin Johnson, the best WR prospect ever and years younger than Roy Williams, signed long-term + whatever they get this year (or next) for Roy
To be honest, I like the second option better, especially if they can land DE Derrick Harvey at #15 and RB Jonathan Stewart with another first round pick. It's not like Adams was a once-in-a-decade prospect or anything, he was a good prospect though.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading Roy is just not a good idea. I hope the old dad can push away these suitors for one more week. We will have the money to resign Roy next offseason. Why? Because we have no one else good to resign. We don't have to worry about Sims until 2011, Calvin is locked up, Redding is locked up, nobody else is worth it besides maybe Bodden but he is signed for 2008 and 2009. Furrey and McDonald need to prove something without Martz IMO and they better work on their run blocking. If Furrey/McDonald prove something then maybe franchise Roy and trade him on draft day in 2009. They'll be a market. We've got the entire NFC East drooling this year. Think about Roy playing in a contract year. He's going to be working hard all year to earn that money, he better do it in a Lions uniform.

And screw any NFC team. Lets just fix the Eagles and Cowboys one weakness. Find your own receiver, I refuse to use 3 WRs in a row and not have one on the roster. If you're going to trade him send him to the AFC.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
ESimsfan87
Rookie

ESimsfan87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Couldn't agree with you more MNYM2!
ESimsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
swollja
Rookie

swollja hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

wow i just realized that would be crazy if skins took phillips at 21
swollja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
[runs away screaming in horror]

AHHHHHHHH!
What.....? No.... why?

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
11 would be prime postion for Devin Thomas...
THAT IS THE MOST ORIGINAL JOKE I'VE EVER SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF COMEDY! YOU SIR, ARE FUNNY!

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 04-22-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh. I love Roy but I would trade him for the right price.. It'd take a lot, though.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Washington should grab Chad, and let us take over Roy...I really dont think Boldin will be traded, he was the team captain for them this year, I'd imagine the fans would start a sh*t storm if he was traded, but I can only imagine the punishment we could inflict on DB's with Boldin and TO split out wide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
No imagine the #22 pick and Bobby Carpenter. Let that marinate for a second.... Yea you like it.
i would LOVE it if we got roy for #22 and carp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Eh. I love Roy but I would trade him for the right price.. It'd take a lot, though.
My sentiments exactly. A 1st year and a 1st next year sounds right.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 04-22-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

That's asking for too much imo. But if the Lions can somehow get that, great.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's asking for too much imo. But if the Lions can somehow get that, great.
Oh it is definitely asking too much. But if it is there... do it damn it. But then again... we got a 3rd and a starting CB for Rogers.... so maybe Millen has turned a corner.

Ha

Ha

Ha

*sighhhhhhh*

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 04-22-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe an offensive coach from the back of the room will say "Trade for two high picks from Washington"
Old 04-22-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Maybe an offensive coach from the back of the room will say "Trade for two high picks from Washington"
Hahaha....

*sigh*

That really happened to us.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 04-22-2008, 03:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lions have to get rid of him whether they like it or not.

He's not gonna re-sign with them, and he's gonna command a huge contract.
They have enough live and dead money wasted in the WR position to be handing out 20 million dollar signing bonuses.

He's gonna become a Cowboy, either this off-season or next. He's coming back home to Texas boys, you better believe it.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The Lions have to get rid of him whether they like it or not.

He's not gonna re-sign with them, and he's gonna command a huge contract.
They have enough live and dead money wasted in the WR position to be handing out 20 million dollar signing bonuses.

He's gonna become a Cowboy, either this off-season or next. He's coming back home to Texas boys, you better believe it.
He will be franchised next off-season most likely. Probably hes dealt a la Corey Williams.