Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chiefs now shopping Jared Allen

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8043460?MSNHPHMA

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Carl you gots to go NOW
Old 04-17-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know the Chiefs definitely need offensive line help, but could they possibly select an end in the draft now? Hm.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I know the Chiefs definitely need offensive line help, but could they possibly select an end in the draft now? Hm.
If this goes through, I'm sure they'll be looking for a tackle with the new 1st round pick and BPA with the #5 overall. Thus, Gholston or Long could be options if either falls.

It looks like KC is finally going to do a full rebuilding effort. Man, we are going to be BRUTAL to watch next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Queens will do it. He'd make their defense damn good, I just hope they overspend for him.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

trade talks that involve a defensive end and the skins are mentioned?!?! crazy talk. haha but seriously the chiefs cant be that stupid can they?
Old 04-17-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
trade talks that involve a defensive end and the skins are mentioned?!?! crazy talk. haha but seriously the chiefs cant be that stupid can they?
If Carl Peterson is involved then yes they can be that stupid
Old 04-17-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh God this just made my day.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so if they trade him for a draft pick....theyre still going to need a DE and will have to address it with a draft pick.

so why not just pay him his money? DEs of his caliber don't grow on trees.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carl Peterson has made some STUPID decisions during his time as the Chiefs GM, but if we actually traded arguably our best player and cornerstone of our defense, it will take the f'ing cake.

I know we're in rebuilding mode, but our defense is finally starting to show promise, and Jared Allen is one of, if not THE, biggest reason for this change. He's young (26), very skilled at the DE position, and is going to play for at least 7 or 8 more years.

Trading him would be a very, very big mistake.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't even hesitate giving a 1st/2nd or 1st/3rd for him.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think this thread could be in the draft forum, or at least, a thread on said ramifications.

Anyhow, this is an interesting potential move. The three teams mentioned (Vikings, Buccaneers, Jaguars) are all mid-late first.

Let's assume it happens. Does this necessarily mean they go for BPA at 5? I'd be wary of saying yes to that.

The reason being this - end value can be found later. Heck, they can look for end in the 2nd or 3rd. Left tackle value, well, it thins out real quick, unless they chance it on Anthony Collins or Duane Brown, both of whom have questions. The interesting thing in all this would be DT, where Ellis might tempt. This also frees them up to go for a QB earlier.

I think this allows them to look at DE or DT, and even Matt Ryan, at 5. But I can still see them reaching for a LT and then working to fill out the other spots later.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
so if they trade him for a draft pick....theyre still going to need a DE and will have to address it with a draft pick.

so why not just pay him his money? DEs of his caliber don't grow on trees.
1. He doesn't want to sign with KC and has said so repeatedly, and

2. He's one incident away from getting a one year suspension due to his prior DUIs.

Quote:

Old 04-17-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I really think this thread could be in the draft forum, or at least, a thread on said ramifications.

Anyhow, this is an interesting potential move. The three teams mentioned (Vikings, Buccaneers, Jaguars) are all mid-late first.

Let's assume it happens. Does this necessarily mean they go for BPA at 5? I'd be wary of saying yes to that.

The reason being this - end value can be found later. Heck, they can look for end in the 2nd or 3rd. Left tackle value, well, it thins out real quick, unless they chance it on Anthony Collins or Duane Brown, both of whom have questions. The interesting thing in all this would be DT, where Ellis might tempt. This also frees them up to go for a QB earlier.

I think this allows them to look at DE or DT, and even Matt Ryan, at 5. But I can still see them reaching for a LT and then working to fill out the other spots later.
I honestly believe the plan was BPA even before this move. It just isn't practical to reach for an OT at 5 when there isn't much of a difference between the top four or five guys outside of Jake Long.

By adding a pick at 17 or 20, they can go BPA in the 1st and then get a guy like Otah or Williams with the 2nd 1st round pick to fill the OT hole.

Quote:

Old 04-17-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Carl Peterson has made some STUPID decisions during his time as the Chiefs GM, but if we actually traded arguably our best player and cornerstone of our defense, it will take the f'ing cake.

I know we're in rebuilding mode, but our defense is finally starting to show promise, and Jared Allen is one of, if not THE, biggest reason for this change. He's young (26), very skilled at the DE position, and is going to play for at least 7 or 8 more years.

Trading him would be a very, very big mistake.
Let's say the Chiefs get a 1st and a 3rd from him. Let's say the Vikings, as they have said extra third and are the highest rumored team.

That would give the Chiefs, and let's say the Chiefs get the early 3rd (Denver's). That gives the Chiefs, in the first 3 rounds, 5, 17, 35, 66, 73. That's a heck of a lot of talent that can be added to help the Chiefs rebuild faster. Yes, Allen is dominant, but the Chiefs have holes right now.

For Peterson, this does give him the flexibility of going QB early if he wants to.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post
I honestly believe the plan was BPA even before this move. It just isn't practical to reach for an OT at 5 when there isn't much of a difference between the top four or five guys outside of Jake Long.

By adding a pick at 17 or 20, they can go BPA in the 1st and then get a guy like Otah or Williams with the 2nd 1st round pick to fill the OT hole.
If that's the way it works out, then yes, that would be ideal. But there's a very solid possibility that the top 5 OL guys are off before 17, leaving guys like Cherilus, Brown, Collins, Baker, the latter three huge reaches at 17.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. He doesn't want to sign with KC and has said so repeatedly, and

2. He's one incident away from getting a one year suspension due to his prior DUIs.
He has cleaned up his act since the DUIs.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Let's say the Chiefs get a 1st and a 3rd from him. Let's say the Vikings, as they have said extra third and are the highest rumored team.

That would give the Chiefs, and let's say the Chiefs get the early 3rd (Denver's). That gives the Chiefs, in the first 3 rounds, 5, 17, 35, 66, 73. That's a heck of a lot of talent that can be added to help the Chiefs rebuild faster. Yes, Allen is dominant, but the Chiefs have holes right now.

For Peterson, this does give him the flexibility of going QB early if he wants to.
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, and we could do a lot with those picks, but we all know how getting pressure is really important in this league. Look at the Giants last year, perfect example. Getting pressure is key and right now we have someone that can challenge for the sack title each year.

The extra picks would help a lot, I just think trading away the most important part of our defense to get them is a mistake.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

Quote:
If that's the way it works out, then yes, that would be ideal. But there's a very solid possibility that the top 5 OL guys are off before 17, leaving guys like Cherilus, Brown, Collins, Baker, the latter three huge reaches at 17.
That is certainly a possibility, but I think the odds are in KC's favor that at least one of the top five is there at 17.

If not, then you take BPA again at 17. KC needs help just about everywhere.

Quote:

Old 04-17-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
He has cleaned up his act since the DUIs.
So he says, and all it takes is one more mistake. Plus, he just opened a new bar - I'm sure he'll be able to avoid temptations, right?

Sorry, but I'm not comfortable giving $30+ mill to a guy that is such a high-risk.

Quote:

Old 04-17-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Wyndham
Rookie

Wyndham hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They're going "BPA" at five whether Allen is traded or not. Period.
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So he says, and all it takes is one more mistake. Plus, he just opened a new bar - I'm sure he'll be able to avoid temptations, right?

Sorry, but I'm not comfortable giving $30+ mill to a guy that is such a high-risk.
Well that's where we differ.DE's like Jared do not just grow on trees.trading him will set us back another 5-10 years
Old 04-17-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gaines and Allen will be one hell of a DE combo.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Minnesota could land him for a 1st and a 3rd, they should jump all over this. Allen is a tremendous player.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Well that's where we differ.DE's like Jared do not just grow on trees.trading him will set us back another 5-10 years
I know he is a great player, but losing a DE will not set your team back 10 years no matter how good he is.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen will be better then every DE coming out of this draft so I do not hesitate to give the Chiefs what they are asking for. The Williams and Allen would make a dominate D Line.