Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Let's say the Chiefs get a 1st and a 3rd from him. Let's say the Vikings, as they have said extra third and are the highest rumored team.

That would give the Chiefs, and let's say the Chiefs get the early 3rd (Denver's). That gives the Chiefs, in the first 3 rounds, 5, 17, 35, 66, 73. That's a heck of a lot of talent that can be added to help the Chiefs rebuild faster. Yes, Allen is dominant, but the Chiefs have holes right now.

For Peterson, this does give him the flexibility of going QB early if he wants to.

If that were the deal it would give the Chiefs the flexibilty to take a Ryan or a Brohm with one of those two number ones and still get the OL they have been talking about. They have been talking about liking Jordy Nelson so they could gamble he's there early in round 3 or take him at 35. I like Allen but i think he can be replaced. Remember he was a 4th round pick himself.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs are a team without an identity. We were starting to get one with our defense. It was actually getting quite good, but I don't see how this can be anything but bad for a struggling team. It might not set our team back 5-10 years but it will definitely set our defense back a long way. Like T-Rich said, players of Jared Allens caliber don't grow on trees.

No matter what we get (1st and 2nd, 1st and 3rd) I think we're making a mistake in letting him go. It never should have gotten to this point. The franchise tag should not have been used. He should have been signed to a long term deal.

Long live "King" Carl.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, if the Vikings get Allen, that would be pretty sick. I mean, any defensive end the Vikings would get with that first would be no where comparable to Allen. At least, not for a few years, and if then, they could just bust.

Really sounds like this deal is going to get done too. Props to the Vikings, or the Bucs (though they seem to be on the outside looking in now) if they get a deal done.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

chad johnson for jared allen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
chad johnson for jared allen?
I don't know why the Chiefs would want Chad Johnson if they're rebuilding.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I don't know why the Chiefs would want Chad Johnson if they're rebuilding.
wishful thinking bro. If that happened i would literally jump for joy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I would easily trade the Jags 1st and both thirds for Allen....hopefully this happens...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woooooohoooo hope this happens. If there's one player in the league who just flat out beats Marcus McNeill, it's Jared Allen.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this trade Happens Carl needs to leave KC immediatley for his opwn safety.you do NOT trade a preimere defensive end for unknowns it's just dumb in every sense
Old 04-17-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Crvena Ptica

I think it will take 1st and 2nd pick to land Allen. Many teams will be intrested.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crvena Ptica View Post
I think it will take 1st and 2nd pick to land Allen. Many teams will be intrested.
I hope it's at least a first and second. To get anything less for a (the) premiere pass rusher is just stupid.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I hope it's at least a first and second. To get anything less for a (the) premiere pass rusher is just stupid.
exactly a 1st and 2nd this year and maybe a player or a pick in '09
Old 04-17-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Allen will be better then every DE coming out of this draft so I do not hesitate to give the Chiefs what they are asking for. The Williams and Allen would make a dominate D Line.
he will be better and already is developed. i dont see how any of the mentioned teams would hesitate strongly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

If the chiefs trade him for the vike's 1st and 3rd anyone think they'll put their 5th overall pick on block for less, trying to trade back into the 10-14 range to grab one of the top 5 OL and get as many picks as possible. Could help them get young fast. Build up the oline and D, then grab a QB like Brohm in the second or wait til next year.

If they can end day one with Clady/Williams, Harvey, Brohm and one of the day one corners I think they'd be in a much better spot.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw on startribune.com that the rumor is 2009 1st and 2nd round picks and I would have to think a pick or 2 from this year.

I know Crazy_Chris said 1st and 2nd of Next year and 2nd this year which would fine by me. I dont know how Chief fans would be for that but Vikings need Allen. So Give up alot to gain alot.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

1st and 2nd NEXT year? I really hope not.

The Vikings could have a lower pick in the 1st next year as it looks like they're becoming decent and might even make the playoffs. Would rather have the 17th this year than the 20th or lower next.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I saw on startribune.com that the rumor is 2009 1st and 2nd round picks and I would have to think a pick or 2 from this year.

I know Crazy_Chris said 1st and 2nd of Next year and 2nd this year which would fine by me. I dont know how Chief fans would be for that but Vikings need Allen. So Give up alot to gain alot.

It better be at least a 1st and 2nd THIS YEAR.Allen should net us a couple picks this year and one next year
Old 04-17-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he gets traded I will be a free agent looking for a new team to cheer on

So far prospects are:
1. Bills
2. Team which Allen gets traded to
3 Steelers
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Crvena Ptica

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
1st and 2nd NEXT year? I really hope not.

The Vikings could have a lower pick in the 1st next year as it looks like they're becoming decent and might even make the playoffs. Would rather have the 17th this year than the 20th or lower next.
Yeah, but you never know. It's the parity league and you might end up with a top ten pick in 2009.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meanwhile Minnesota is considering offering its first-round pick and a second-round pick in 2009, while the Chiefs would prefer to deal for picks in this year's draft, sources told Smith.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3351406

Draft Day Trade? I guess if Harvey and Williams are gone I would be all for trading the 1st and 3rd and a next year pick for Allen.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

And we might end up with the 28th pick next year. Which would also mean a late late second round pick as well, which would be really bad value for a player like Jared Allen.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. I hate Carl Peterson.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Micheal Smith on ESPN Special right now said that he thinks that the Chiefs will get the 17th pick in this draft and something else for Allen from the Vikings.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If it's anything but first and second this year, we got screwed hard.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

adrian Peterson, 1st rounder, EJ Henderson for Jared Allen :)
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

17th overall pick and Bryant McKinnie!