Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have to think that, at the very minimum, it would at least involve the first this year for the Vikings. I can't see the Chiefs agreeing to a deal without getting a first this year. I mean, I'd imagine a team like Jacksonville would be willing to ship their first rounder (and more).
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post
That is certainly a possibility, but I think the odds are in KC's favor that at least one of the top five is there at 17.

If not, then you take BPA again at 17. KC needs help just about everywhere.
Definately not in their favor, though still a possibility.

Long will go in the top 3.

The Pats and Ravens could both consider a lineman in the top 10. Let's say that either Albert or Clady go in the top 10. I think there is a good chance that one of them will.

Then there is the Broncos, Panthers, Bears, and Lions that would all strongly consider Williams, Otah, and Albert/Clady.

I'd say, at best, there is a 30-40% chance that one of those 5 drops through, and I'm not sure the Chiefs can risk that. Then again they are going to suck for the next year or two anyway, so BPA isn't a terrible idea.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 04-17-2008 at 04:08 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
TheIncredibleDraftDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
adrian Peterson, 1st rounder, EJ Henderson for Jared Allen :)
skymaster!!
Old 04-17-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Crvena Ptica

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
adrian Peterson, 1st rounder, EJ Henderson for Jared Allen :)
Add to that deal Randy's jersey from Vikings days.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
17th overall pick and Bryant McKinnie!
I knew it wouldn't be long before his name was brought up but there is no way that would happen. That leaves us without a 1st round pick and a huge hole at LT(good ones aren't easy to find) and still a need at RT too.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:15 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

I'd say, at best, there is a 30-40% chance that one of those 5 drops through, and I'm not sure the Chiefs can risk that. Then again they are going to suck for the next year or two anyway, so BPA isn't a terrible idea.
It's impossible to know for sure when we can't see every team's draft board. That said, the Chiefs are horrible and have many needs. It's not like they are a playoff contender if Chris Williams is there at 17.

Grab top talent with the two 1st round picks and then hopefully get an elite player when we have a top three pick next year.

This is the best strategy - Allen is not willing to resign here and is one strike away from sitting out for an entire season. Sell high on him now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
I knew it wouldn't be long before his name was brought up but there is no way that would happen. That leaves us without a 1st round pick and a huge hole at LT(good ones aren't easy to find) and still a need at RT too.
Oh I know it'd never happen. Just wishful thinking.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like the other Vikes fans, I think that this is a "must-do" situation and would be willing to overpay a bit to get him.... he'd change our defense big time from the moment he's in purple.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll trust the front office, if they think they can't sign him, trade him...It would be great to have 5 or so draft picks in the first 3 rounds, esp. in this draft

Like it's been said, we will suck next year regardless, let's just really start rebuilding

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please please please try to work this trade, Jags.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Please please please try to work this trade, Jags.
The problem for the Jags is positioning. Of course, I guess they could agree to fork over two firsts and sign him to a deal that the Chiefs won't match. Actually, that wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
I'll trust the front office, if they think they can't sign him, trade him...It would be great to have 5 or so draft picks in the first 3 rounds, esp. in this draft

Like it's been said, we will suck next year regardless, let's just really start rebuilding
I wish Clark Hunt would step up and pay Jared what he deserves.Carl Peterson is the most incompetent GM in pro sports HISTORY
Old 04-17-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I wish Clark Hunt would step up and pay Jared what he deserves.Carl Peterson is the most incompetent GM in pro sports HISTORY
How's this scenario? We keep him, win 4 games next year, then he leaves for greener pastures, and we're screwed

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-17-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Actually ... thinking about it more ... why wouldn't these teams just sign him to an offer, an offer such that the Chiefs won't ponder matching, and give up two firsts instead. Well, maybe not for the Bucs, but for the Jags and Vikes, that actually makes a lot of sense, particularly the Jags.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
How's this scenario? We keep him, win 4 games next year, then he leaves for greener pastures, and we're screwed
because he is a guy to build the defense around plain and simple.you don't trade your best defensive player you pay him what he deserves
Old 04-17-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go to Tampa Jared. We all know how the Vikings like their boat parties and drinking :D . The last thing you need is another DUI and be suspended a year.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point, it might be too late. He doesn't have to sign anything if he doesn't want to.

I guess might as well get as much for him as we can. Carl Peterson is stupid. It didn't have to work out this way.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
because he is a guy to build the defense around plain and simple.you don't trade your best defensive player you pay him what he deserves
Did you not understand what he just said? Allen doesn't want to sign a contract here, so he would be leaving in a year anyways. By trading him we're getting something back in return instead of holding our junk next offseason.

Quote:

Old 04-17-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Actually, can anyone answer me this. Jared isn't an exclusive franchise, at least, I don't think he is. Wouldn't it make much more sense for the Vikings or Jaguars, if they have the cap room, which I'm not certain about, but there's always a way around thing, to sign him to a deal structured so that the Chiefs can't match or threaten to match such that they could force negotiations?

I mean, yes, this would suck for the Chiefs fans, but for the Jaguars, so they give up a late first this year, and likely, a mid-late first next year. Even for the Vikings, this might even be preferable.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Actually, can anyone answer me this. Jared isn't an exclusive franchise, at least, I don't think he is. Wouldn't it make much more sense for the Vikings or Jaguars, if they have the cap room, which I'm not certain about, but there's always a way around thing, to sign him to a deal structured so that the Chiefs can't match or threaten to match such that they could force negotiations?

I mean, yes, this would suck for the Chiefs fans, but for the Jaguars, so they give up a late first this year, and likely, a mid-late first next year. Even for the Vikings, this might even be preferable.
They could def. do it...But God, I hope not

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-17-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

They could do it, yeah. It would really be crappy if it happened.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post
Did you not understand what he just said? Allen doesn't want to sign a contract here, so he would be leaving in a year anyways. By trading him we're getting something back in return instead of holding our junk next offseason.
He has said he loves KC his problem is with CP(as always is with Peterson the moron)this could have been prevented a year or two ago but Peterson sat on his butt and now look at where we are at
Old 04-17-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post

They could certainly do that, but apparently that is a last case scenario to give up two 1sts.

Also, the NBC affiliate in KC just reported that Minny has an 8 year, $71 mill offer on the table to Allen.

Quote:

Old 04-17-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
akvikefan89
Veteran

akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I'm shaking. I'd be so physched if this happened.

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com
akvikefan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith reported that according to sources, the Vikings appear to be a front-runner because they have, and are willing to deal, Kansas City what it wants most -- draft choices.

Tampa Bay only has five picks in this year's draft and, according to sources, the Bucs are reluctant to include more than a first-round pick for Allen. The Bucs have offered their first-round pick and a fifth-round pick next year, and their proposed deal could also include defensive lineman Jovan Haye, Smith reported.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote