Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Vikes, it's a bit more understandable why they wouldn't want to give up two firsts. As much as people want to predict them doing well, they could easily stagnate or go backwards.

But if the Jags can stick their head in, I think it's well worth it for them to try and offer something, even if it's a poison pill type deal.

Did the station indicate the breakdown of the deal the Vikes are offering? I'd be more intrigued with that, although 8/71 is a heck of a deal for Jared.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jovan Haye doesn't make that much sense for the Chiefs. They have a similar player in McBride, and they might as well see what McBride can offer than dealing for Haye.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post

Did the station indicate the breakdown of the deal the Vikes are offering? I'd be more intrigued with that, although 8/71 is a heck of a deal for Jared.
Nope, that was the only info at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
nemesis3394
Rookie

nemesis3394 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i really hope the vikes get him
a first this year and a 2nd or 3rd next year would be awesome
Old 04-17-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the Chiefs page:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/04...e_jared_allen/

Quote:
“We will confirm that we have been in conversation with a few teams regarding the possibility of acquiring Jared Allen’s contractual rights. Any potential agreement would be contingent on the Chiefs receiving appropriate compensation and Jared’s representative reaching a contract agreement.

“Jared is not an exclusive franchise player. Therefore, based on the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, he has the right to visit and negotiate with other teams. However, for any trade to be completed, the Chiefs would need to reach an agreement on compensation. At this point, all of these discussions are preliminary.”

- Carl Peterson, President

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis3394 View Post
i really hope the vikes get him
a first this year and a 2nd or 3rd next year would be awesome
That isn't near what he's worth. Not even close. Come on.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Jovan Haye doesn't make that much sense for the Chiefs. They have a similar player in McBride, and they might as well see what McBride can offer than dealing for Haye.
I would think Greg White would make more sense in the trade. That way the Chiefs get a DE in return plus the picks.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post
1. He doesn't want to sign with KC and has said so repeatedly.
That isn't true but hey whatever, there isn't anything wrong with making crap up.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Greg White probably doesn't make much sense for the Chiefs considering his age.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
That isn't true but hey whatever, there isn't anything wrong with making crap up.
LOL, okay kid.

Quote:

Old 04-17-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Did you not understand what he just said? Allen doesn't want to sign a contract here, so he would be leaving in a year anyways. By trading him we're getting something back in return instead of holding our junk next offseason.
Except that isn't true. He has never said he would not sign a contract here. He said he will never sign a contract here if he plays this year under the franchise tender. If a long term contract was reached before the season then he wouldn't be playing under the franchise tender.

Allen has said he would sign a contract if the money was right.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
LOL, okay kid.
I heard Jared Allen say himself on 810 WHB in Kansas City that he would sign a contract if the money was right but that he would never sign a long term contract if he had to play a down as the franchise player. So go ahead and "LOL, okay kid" me but what you keep saying is NOT true.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

Quote:
Except that isn't true. He has never said he would not sign a contract here. He said he will never sign a contract here if he plays this year under the franchise tender. If a long term contract was reached before the season then he wouldn't be playing under the franchise tender.

Allen has said he would sign a contract if the money was right.
He wants a Freeney-type contract, which is absurd given the high risks involved in giving him a long-term deal. Pat Kirwan has also stated that Allen told him he wants out of KC because the team is rebuilding and he wants to be with a team that can win a championship during his prime.

Given his frustration with our rebuilding efforts and the fact we won't give him an elite long-term deal, I think it's fair to say that he does not want to stay in KC. Disagree on semantics if you'd like, but he's certainly not begging Carl not to trade him.

Quote:

Old 04-17-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Panthers would be foolish not to go all out for a trade.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
The Panthers would be foolish not to go all out for a trade.
I think it's safe to say that the Panthers have bigger needs than signing another DE to an enormous deal. You have a freak already on your team, sign HIM while he's cheap and coming off a bad year instead of having to pay him more money than Freeney after he gets double digit sacks this year again.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I would much rather deal with the Panthers. They have a high enough pick that we could ensure one of the good tackles falls to us.

Oh well. :)

Old 04-17-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So uhhh yeah Detroit should maybe look into this. We have the highest first rounder.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepl easepleasepleaseplease
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
CARDIAC CAT 7
Rookie

CARDIAC CAT 7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They should talk to Cincy about Chad Johnson, they need a player opposite of Bowe.
Kansas City gets:
- Chad Johnson
- 9th Pick Overall (draft Albert or Clady, which ever one falls)
- 3rd or 4th Round Pick

Cincinnati Bengals:
- Jared Allen
- 5th Pick Overall (draft Sedrick Ellis)
Old 04-17-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDIAC CAT 7 View Post
They should talk to Cincy about Chad Johnson, they need a player opposite of Bowe.
Kansas City gets:
- Chad Johnson
- 9th Pick Overall (draft Albert or Clady, which ever one falls)
- 3rd or 4th Round Pick

Cincinnati Bengals:
- Jared Allen
- 5th Pick Overall (draft Sedrick Ellis)
No. Just no.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I heard Jared Allen say himself on 810 WHB in Kansas City that he would sign a contract if the money was right but that he would never sign a long term contract if he had to play a down as the franchise player. So go ahead and "LOL, okay kid" me but what you keep saying is NOT true.
Yes, but he's asking for too much money! He's not going to sign a reasonable contract

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Really a side note, but all this KC and WR talk is a bit blown out of proportion. Yes, they need another target, but unless Bowe regresses, they need a 2 or a 3 to Bowe's lead target. Moreover, they were high on Jeff Webb, and he showed some improvement. Certainly, a WR will be added, and considering it's Chan Gailey, probably a guy with some size, but I'm not sure if they need to make a high move for a WR, whether it be for a veteran, or spending a first or 2nd round pick on one.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't they should trade Allen he is their best player and they can not afford to lose him.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I think it's a bit late. I find it hard to believe the Chiefs match 8 years for 71 million. He's gone I think. I hope we can rebuild fast or the next two or three years are going to be painful to watch as a Chiefs fan.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Greg White probably doesn't make much sense for the Chiefs considering his age.
Well he is three years older than Allen, but he's coming off a pretty decent year with 8 sacks and 7 FF as one of a few rotating DEs. Seems like there would be some benefit to getting a DE in return.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote