Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Ravens or Packers, i think he would be scary in the Ravens system, next to Kampman
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha, I WANT CARL TO BE GM OF THE CHIEFS FOREVER!

Allen is gone it seems, and probably will be a 1st and a 3rd.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bad value. He's worth more. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
He has cleaned up his act since the DUIs.
So did Koren Robinson. Then the Vikes gave him a decent sized contract.

Look how that turned out.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Yes, but he's asking for too much money! He's not going to sign a reasonable contract
Other teams are willing to pay him the money. If somebody is willing to pay the money then it is not too much money.

The Chiefs are cheap, simple as that. What happens if Dwayne Bowe continues to improve and becomes a pro bowl wide receiver? Are we just going to let him walk when he asks to be paid like one of the best at his position? What happens if Derrick Johnson finally puts it all together and has a pro bowl type year? Are we going to let him walk when he asks to be paid like one of the best at his position?

This team makes it way to hard to keep their own players. We screwed the pooch big time on this one. Should have traded LJ and kept Allen. Most fans don't like LJ very much (i'm not one of them) and we give him close to $20 million guaranteed. But then when fan favorite Jared Allen asks for his money we treat him like this? I would want out of town too if I were him.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
So did Koren Robinson. Then the Vikes gave him a decent sized contract.

Look how that turned out.
Well, it got him out of Minnesota and into Green Bay, so from his perspective, that couldn't have worked out any better.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Bad value. He's worth more. We'll have to wait and see what happens.
Worth more? Based on what? Your opinion?
He had an amazing year last year, but he still has a year or 8 game suspension looming over his head if anything happens.
Plus, looking at previous trades, he isn't going to get much more than a 1st and 3rd. Chiefs might get a 1st and 2nd, but I don't see it much more than that.
If you expect to get like 3 1sts or whatever, keep dreaming.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never said anything close to 3 1st rounders, so I'm not sure where you got that. I was talking 1st and 3rd this year and a conditional next year or a 1st and 2nd this year.

And based on the fact that he led the league in sacks last year, is only 26, has a non stop motor and will be a factor in every play the team runs on defense (and some on offense, as he caught two TD passes last year in the red zone). The guy can do it all.

And I might be homering it up a bit, but whoever trades for him is going to get one heck of a football player from day one.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Packman1957 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Way to go Peterson, just trade Allen to the Vikings. If Allen lands with the Vikings, that is going to be one sick D-line. Sucks for my Packers.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
Other teams are willing to pay him the money. If somebody is willing to pay the money then it is not too much money.

The Chiefs are cheap, simple as that. What happens if Dwayne Bowe continues to improve and becomes a pro bowl wide receiver? Are we just going to let him walk when he asks to be paid like one of the best at his position? What happens if Derrick Johnson finally puts it all together and has a pro bowl type year? Are we going to let him walk when he asks to be paid like one of the best at his position?

This team makes it way to hard to keep their own players. We screwed the pooch big time on this one. Should have traded LJ and kept Allen. Most fans don't like LJ very much (i'm not one of them) and we give him close to $20 million guaranteed. But then when fan favorite Jared Allen asks for his money we treat him like this? I would want out of town too if I were him.
Do you know how much he's asking? Hell no. I'll leave it up to the Front Office...I've honestly grown really tired of all the Chiefs fans whining whenever something doesn't go how the fans would like them to...We've been spoiled the last decade by always competing for a playoff spot, but then everyone whines about Carl Peterson using too many veteran players to plug up holes...Then whenever he tries to rebuild with younger players, everyone bitches and moans because we're going to have a couple of losing seasons...Stop acting like you know what goes on in the Front Office because you don't...Peterson gets way too bad of a rep. because frankly he's a hands-off GM. Just because he doesn't want to bet on one player, Jared Allen, maintaing his success and staying out of trouble, doesn't mean that 'OMGZZ CARL PETRSON SUCKZZ'..

You act like if we have JA, we'll compete for a championship...We have way too many needs to invest soo much money in one player with a sketchy history...It's pretty apparent that if we want to keep Allen, we'll have to pay far more than other teams that might compete

So if you want to sign ONE player to a 80 million-ish deal while the rest of our team sucks ass, then you sir, with all due respect, need a reality check [/rant]

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm actually pretty happy we're rebuilding with younger players through the draft. I think it's the right move.

But I would still hate to see Jared leave.

Last edited by vidae : 04-17-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He will not get more than a first. Fans overrate their players, ask Falcons fans who thought DeAngelo was worth a top 20 pick and more.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
He will not get more than a first. Fans overrate their players, ask Falcons fans who thought DeAngelo was worth a top 20 pick and more.
The Vikings were already rumored to be offering more than a first. Granted, it's a rumor, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're wrong to be frank

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll believe it when I see it. I would say a first, maybe a 5th with it, is the most he will get.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll believe it when I see it. I would say a first, maybe a 5th with it, is the most he will get.
Ummm I beg to differ as well. Time will tell.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Well don't you guys sound like Falcons fans a few months ago! I think he gets a first round pick, because the Vikings are at a bad spot for defensive ends and they need a veteran, but much more than that I doubt. John Abraham a few years ago only got a late first round pick.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We'll see what happens. Realistically I think we get more than a first and fifth, but only time will tell. If they are properly compensated, I expect this deal done soon.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Abraham isn't close to the player that Allen is. Abraham had already started to slip a little and Allen is entering his prime. The difference between this and the Hall trade talks is that is was only homer Falcon fans who were saying Hall would get a top 10 pick at the least and in this case everyone seems to agree that it will take a top 20 pick to start.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
vikesrock28

My understanding was that it was for a first and a third. The Vikes have two third rounders. Maybe the Vikes would like that toned down to a first and a fourth or fifth.

Or a conditional pick next year.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
John Abraham isn't close to the player that Allen is. Abraham had already started to slip a little and Allen is entering his prime. The difference between this and the Hall trade talks is that is was only homer Falcon fans who were saying Hall would get a top 10 pick at the least and in this case everyone seems to agree that it will take a top 20 pick to start.
Another ignorant person. Most said a pick in the 20s for Hall, unless the person speaking was dumb. Not to mention he is a top three cornerback.

Abraham was not close? Abraham was 27 and coming off of a 10.5 sack year. In his past 35 games he had 25.5 sacks, 49 sacks in his last 67 games. That is pretty damn good. I'm not sure how he had began to slip. In his last 61 games Allen has 43 sacks. Six less games, six less sacks. Abraham wins out there. Allen is better against the run but the difference is not near what you say it is.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Another ignorant person. Most said a pick in the 20s for Hall, unless the person speaking was dumb. Not to mention he is a top three cornerback.
I think you just proved you're "ignorant" if you think that is a correct statement.

The NFL sack leader will surly demand more that a single first rounder and 5th.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I think you just proved you're "ignorant" if you think that is a correct statement.

The NFL sack leader will surly demand more that a single first rounder and 5th.
Glad you are going off of 2006, not 2007. Again, if you do not know what you are talking about, then be quiet. I might be wrong on Allen, but people downing Hall because of his horribe 2006 is getting old.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Packman1957 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If they are talking about picks in this draft, I would say it will be a first rounder and a third rounder. That seems to be the going rate. And there seems to be quite a bit of demand of Allen so that will work to the Chiefs advantage.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Glad you are going off of 2006, not 2007. Again, if you do not know what you are talking about, then be quiet. I might be wrong on Allen, but people downing Hall because of his horribe 2006 is getting old.
Hmmm.... show me where I mentioned 2006? If you're going to insinuate things to make your argument appear correct, "then be quiet". D. Hall is not a top three CB in the national football league, and it's hardly "ignorant" to say he's not.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote