Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vincent Jackson!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you know when your team needs a WR desperately?

When you think every player stated in this thread is already teh ballz...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 04-23-2008 at 03:22 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on Meachum?

I seriously don't remember anything since he was a late 1st round pick, then overweight or something and deactivated for at least the first couple games.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think one of Ernest Wilford, Ted Ginn Jr., or Derek Hagan should have a decently big year.
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Devin Hester. I honestly see him succeeding at WR.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
I could see Jennings actually taking a step back. 12 td's is hard to top. And the loss of Brett Farve. Well. It's Brett Farve.

But yah. Most of these guys have already broken out. I am going to go with Jason Hill for my homer pick and Sydney Rice and Anthony Gonzalez will both breakout.
I actually think Donald could take the step back, and Greg Jennings will step up. Either way, both should do well.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
Vincent Jackson!
i dont think he'll ever have a real big year, but he'll alwasy be consistent and a good redzone target

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HOMER ALERT!

i think mark clayton will take a big step forward this year. Its his 4th year in the league, he has cam cameron working with him, and he has all the talent in the world. With him and derrick mason on the outside, and demetrius williams in the slot, along with todd heap, we might actually have a decent recieving core.

as for other guys, ive always loved reggie williams, just wait until he puts it all together...
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
EtrnlDarkness

I think either Ted Ginn, or Santonio Holmes could possibly break out, with Holmes being more Likely. Holmes has already been doing well, but hasn't gotten much credit for it. I think this he's gonna have a very good year, and get alot of attention for it.

My Homer pick says Roydell Williams. He showed flashes of greatness last year, but has had trouble with injuries and consistency. I think if he stays healthy and consistent he'll have a very good year.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Dwayne Bowe, Sidney Rice, Calvin Johnson (to athletic not to be good, and if they get a real LT), Brandon Marshall, Jerry Porter, and Donte' Stallworth.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Calvin Johnson is gonna tear up the league in 2 years. He looked really raw last year but he has the talent to be the best receiver in the league in 5 years. Hell possibly even the talent to be the best ever, if he could use all of it. I think the light comes on in his 3rd year.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

- Demetrius Williams
- Calvin Johnson
- Jacoby Jones
- James Jones
- Sidney Rice
- Mark Clayton

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locc* View Post
jason hill
I second that

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Gonzalez. I really think the Colts should use him the way the Pats used Welker.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im hoping Jason Hill breaks out.

I don't know how accurate those comparisons are, but on those nfl.com draft profiles, they have comparisons to veteran players. Hill's were Chad Johnson and Reggie Wayne...quite lofty expectations. Playing in a Martz offense that is pass happy, im hoping Jason Hill can put up some nice stats.

I also like Laurent Robinson, i think he will do well in Atlanta. I expect him to be the #2 to Roddy White.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Thoughts on Meachum?

I seriously don't remember anything since he was a late 1st round pick, then overweight or something and deactivated for at least the first couple games.
MeachEm. And, him being overweight was an issue and was extremely blown up. The real issue was a previous injury for Tennessee coming back and him needing surgery to repair it. That, plus learning a extremely NFL offense (not to mention Sean Payton's) and he was pretty much redshirted. I predict good things from him this year - he'll be competing with Devery Henderson & David Patten in training camp for the second WR spot.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Packer_Backer
Rookie

Packer_Backer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I could see Ted Ginn having a good year, but if not one of his family members is bound to breakout:D
Packer_Backer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roddy White - He'll get more famous at least.

Andre Johnson is going to be sick, though he's a well established star to more than casual football fans.

Jacoby Jones and Mike Walker - My '07 guys, both look like they'll be players.

Anthony Gonzalez - The perfect Colts WR.

Vince Jackson

Steve Smith (Giants)

Santonio Holmes
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:14 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
i dont think he'll ever have a real big year, but he'll alwasy be consistent and a good redzone target
I seriously disagree, he was absolutely abusing guys in the playoffs. He'll also be the FOURTH focus of the defense after LT, Gates, and Chambers.

He's got monstrous size, speed, and leaping ability and it looks like he's finally put it all together. Maybe he won't have astronomical numbers but he'll be a threat that ranks up there with anyone else in this thread.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calvin Johnson
Troy Williamson(yes i just said it)

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Jennings and Braylon Edwards have already broke out

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roscoe Parrish

Bobby Sippio

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
I could see Jennings actually taking a step back. 12 td's is hard to top. And the loss of Brett Farve. Well. It's Brett Farve.
Watch the Dallas game this season? It could be argued that Jennings was the one who carried the team after Favre got hurt and not Rodgers. Remember Jennings did get all those 12 TDs while missing the first three games, He's going to go nuts this year.

Steve Smith will have a break out year.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:38 AM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Laurent Robinson. If the Falcons strike gold with their QB pick in the draft, Robinson will thrive.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote