Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I know that, but no one would care if he got injured.
John Madden already got an illness from the first couple times he was on the cover, he got some crazy brain parasites that eat away at his ability to put words together logically and not be able to point out the totally obvious.
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it comes down to AD and Randy Moss they make the most sense AD obviously has all the hype right now coming off an amazing year. Randy just broke had an all time great year for a WR and broke Jerry's single season TD recieving record.

It's close im starting to think AD again because it kinda looks like you can see his knee brace in the sillouette.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nah, the blank picture is just a space filler.

it could be Peterson (where the **** did "AD" come from? his initials are AP AP AP A followed by a P)

but i still have a good feeling that its going to be eli. I'm almost sure of it
Old 04-24-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His nickname throughout college has been "All Day".

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
His nickname throughout college has been "All Day".
ah. that makes more sense now. i was like "who wants to be called by the first 2 letters of your first name?"

so its an abbreviation of his nickname......ok
Old 04-24-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think those are silhouettes of the actual player...those have been out forever and many still think it's Eli.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Tyree

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure they want to put a QB on the cover every other year and put a non QB on the cover in between. Vince Young was on it last year, I think Peterson or Tomlinson or maybe a defender this year.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I asked this in another thread but, i might as well ask in here also.

The 360 went w/ Mcfadden as the cover guy.
The PS3 went w/ Ryan as the cover guy.

Is Madden going to have different cover guys?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-24-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they should put Favre or Taylor on it...

Of current players though, Peterson makes alot of sense.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I'm pretty sure they want to put a QB on the cover every other year and put a non QB on the cover in between. Vince Young was on it last year, I think Peterson or Tomlinson or maybe a defender this year.
Antonio Cromartie, they havent re-worked the pass-defending game

Except for last year the cover has reflected the position where they changed something in the game play

Ray Lewis - Hit Stick
McNabb - Passing Cone
Shaun - Truck Stick

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My darkhorse is Champ Bailey.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
Antonio Cromartie, they havent re-worked the pass-defending game

Except for last year the cover has reflected the position where they changed something in the game play

Ray Lewis - Hit Stick
McNabb - Passing Cone
Shaun - Truck Stick
Thats who I think its going to be.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Cromartie was ridiculously overrated in last years game after the final roster updates. His OVR never got too high, but they increased everything that mattered and decreased all of the junk attributes to make it look ok and I had to deal with him shutting down T.O. 1 on 1 ALL GAME against my roommate.

No safety help, nothing. Just 1 on 1 shut down, unless I wanted to run a 6 yard crossing route or something lame. Can't beat him on the go, curls are almost always intercepted... maybe I could complete a few outs or posts, but never any bombs.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Cromartie was ridiculously overrated in last years game after the final roster updates. His OVR never got too high, but they increased everything that mattered and decreased all of the junk attributes to make it look ok and I had to deal with him shutting down T.O. 1 on 1 ALL GAME against my roommate.

No safety help, nothing. Just 1 on 1 shut down, unless I wanted to run a 6 yard crossing route or something lame. Can't beat him on the go, curls are almost always intercepted... maybe I could complete a few outs or posts, but never any bombs.
Romo was way too fast also...I dont remember the final number but, it was like 85 speed or a little lower.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-24-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate EA sports... Too bad we can't try to predict who will be the player on the NFL 2K9 cover :(

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

EA is not gonna put another second year player on the cover.

Last edited by Young Legend : 04-24-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Young Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I only want Cromartie on the cover if he's doing this:

http://i2.chargers.com/assets/206/36930_600w600h.jpg
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
This is what it's all about right here.

You'll all be eating crow when he's on it in 2010...oh yes

Anyways as long as it isnt Clements or Willis, the only possible 49ers that could make it....ill be happy.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNad View Post
I only want Cromartie on the cover if he's doing this:

http://i2.chargers.com/assets/206/36930_600w600h.jpg
That cover would be awesome.

LT got chosen last year, and although he turned it down, he still ended up getting hurt. Is there no avoiding the curse?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They need to put a D player on there do something to help make the D better. You know what they should do put NFL 2k8 on the Madden Cover.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope its brady :/

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Moss, but my vote is for Kitna

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think its gonna be ELi. Bring on the Hefty Lefty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For some reason I really think it's Chad Johnson, not only does the silhouette look like him, he is the poster boy of TD celebrations. Also you know he wouldn't turn it down. They could've offered it to him before all the trade stuff started happening.