Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-25-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rosenhaus the problem?

Does anyone else see a connection between Drew Rosenhaus (Chad's agent) and the problems Chad's been causing recently? If my memory serves me right, Rosenhaus was the main reason for the TO scandal a few years back and was also behind the McGahee trade to the Ravens. Historically, Rosenhaus has been an agent who urges his players to seek out more money, thus causing team friction. Maybe its just me who thinks this...
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
Does anyone else see a connection between Drew Rosenhaus (Chad's agent) and the problems Chad's been causing recently? If my memory serves me right, Rosenhaus was the main reason for the TO scandal a few years back and was also behind the McGahee trade to the Ravens. Historically, Rosenhaus has been an agent who urges his players to seek out more money, thus causing team friction. Maybe its just me who thinks this...
If this was Rosenhaus' doing Chad would be asking for more money, not a straight trade. Chad has a very fragile ego, and being scapegoated, both explicitly by the media, and implicitly by Marvin Lewis, has disillusioned him to the Bengals. Chad got a raw deal, and he doesn't want to get burned again. It's understandable.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rosenhaus can only do what his clients ask him to do...He might go about it like a shark, but he only does what he's told, and what those guys pay him to do.

Also since the whole TO thing, Rosenhaus has been alot more respectful, and doing his business behind the scenes, out of the media, and in a way the organization can respect.

You can't fault him if guys want new contracts, TO caused that entire scene with Philly, the agent just has to take the fall for things like that...Chad made his point on his own, its Rosenhaus job to do the rest but thats at Chads will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 04-25-2008 at 01:50 AM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i know he get paid and does what his clients ask him to do but he also, as an agent, tells them that they can get more money. thats part of what hes supposed to do. i like TO and think he got shafted in philly. of course he could have handled things better to a degree but he wasnt completely in the wrong. i just found it somewhat odd that Rosenhaus has been behind 3 somewhat large ordeals involving his clients. also, the media plays a huge part in the way the whole thing is portrayed to the public.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:15 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a LOT of players are represented by rosehaus and at some point something is going to give and somehow mix up the players.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:22 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
i know he get paid and does what his clients ask him to do but he also, as an agent, tells them that they can get more money. thats part of what hes supposed to do. i like TO and think he got shafted in philly. of course he could have handled things better to a degree but he wasnt completely in the wrong. i just found it somewhat odd that Rosenhaus has been behind 3 somewhat large ordeals involving his clients. also, the media plays a huge part in the way the whole thing is portrayed to the public.
But you know those 3 or 4 times you hear about him being involved in those instances, thats like 2% of his clients? He has well over 50 well known top athletes, at some point he is going to handle clients who want to go about things differently...Zach Thomas is also his client, but at the same time Zach Thomas is one of the most respectful guys ever, so you never heard so much as a peep out of contract signings for him...Same goes for Kearse, and alot of other guys.

Sometimes situations get sticky and it's the agents job to take the fall, but these circumstances don't only happen when you deal with Rosenhaus, he has so many other clients where things go smoothly, but guys see the market and see other players getting paid more then them who aren't as good, so they get upset at their outdated contract...Alot of times thats on the playerswho get the idea of more money in their head first, and they tell Drew to get something done.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2008, 01:24 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya i dont think you can blame it on an agent. just doing their job, chads whining like a 4 year old girl because the media all the sudden decided he was a detriment to our team. The team prolly said something to the extent that they don't want that type of thing swirling around n he blew it out of proportion. I understand he's mad but he crossed the line. Maybe the team said something to him that rubbed him the wrong way but simply they are paying you millions to play a GAME. get over it.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Yea some of Chad's comment really surprise me, seems like things get harsher as this goes on, he even took a jab at Carson, if I'm Marvin Lewis I sucker Washington into two full hard 1st and call it a deal.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2008, 01:31 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for the team I want the picks but at the same time I think it could be a good thing with the stance they are taking against Chad. Apparently the locker room really likes the way Marvin has handled it and thats really good in my opinion. Marvin has kinda turned back to his old ways with that type of talk which is something he shoulda never stopped doing IMO. We were good when Marvin was an asshole and somewhere along the line he stopped being that way. I think it also sets a good example for league in general, though many disagree based on the offer we got from Washington.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 04-25-2008, 01:35 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

ill agree that the media is mostly to blame with the whole Chad incident, as well as most others. Chad did go way too far with some of the things that he said, especially bad mouthing the team. nothing good comes out of that.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The person most to blame for the Chad incident is............ Tracy McGrady. :D
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, the agent can whisper things into the player's ears. Don't act like Rosenhaus just does what his clients does, I'm 100% positive he's active in the decisions the player's make.

Now, thats not to say that I think Rosenhaus is the sole reason for this whole thing. I'm just saying he's certainly been involved in it, and more than likely was an influence on Chad's decision to publicly demand a trade (and by influenced I don't mean he came up with the idea - I have no idea. But I'm sure he encouraged it).
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:39 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

To say, you can't blame the agent is absolute horse sh*t... While I won't go so far as to say, it's all his fault, Rosenwhore benefits greatly from whatever Chad stirs up. A new contract in the range of 8-10 mil per year with 20 mil up front puts a lot of extra cash in the agents pocket. With the contract already in place with the Bengals, Rosenwhore has nothing to lose...

Chad didn't get a raw deal either. We are talking about a WR who (yes I know he's been to 5 straight pro bowls) has dropped passes at the times we needed it most, dogged plays, and b*tched more than most little girls. We have reworked his contract like 3 times in the past 5 seasons before it was even up to satisfy him. For all of this coddling of Chad, what has it gotten the team ?? NOTHING !!! One playoff appearance that resulted in a loss.

While I am MORE THAN aware that Chad is far from the reason this team has suffered (I look to the defense) he has certainly not helped the situation at all. He has turned his back on the fans of this team and his teammates as well. It baffles me how any Bengals fan could support this assclown. He has said he doesn't want the admiration of the fans and then throws verbal jabs at Carson. I would love to see him having the ball thrown to him by Jason Campbell !!!

Chad may be a great football player, but he's a piece of sh*t person in my opinion...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:28 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Rosenhaus is just doing his job no matter which way you cut it. He doesn't care about teams he's making his players, and in return himself, as much money as he can while he can.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 04-25-2008, 09:06 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Don't get me wrong MIB, I believe he's just doing his job as well and don't fault him for doing his job. I do however, fault him for the WAY he does his job. He benefits regardless... Albeit, he can only do what his client wants him to do, but he also has great influence over the situation and if he feels he can get more money by encouraging his client to be a complete assclown (See Chad) then he has nothing to lose.

Yes, though, he is doing his job...
Old 04-25-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
If this was Rosenhaus' doing Chad would be asking for more money, not a straight trade. Chad has a very fragile ego, and being scapegoated, both explicitly by the media, and implicitly by Marvin Lewis, has disillusioned him to the Bengals. Chad got a raw deal, and he doesn't want to get burned again. It's understandable.
Chad did ask for more money....Bengals said no! Then Chad said he wanted out. Bengals said no!

A list of other troubled Clients of Rosenhaus include:
Anquin Boldin
Lance Briggs
Willis McGahee
Dan Connor
T.O.
Jeremy Shockey
Javon Walker

Though he has a list of non troubled clients too

Kellen Winslow
Frank Gore
Fred Taylor
Greg Olson
Zach Thomas
Billy Volek

So I cant say for sure if its Ros. fault that some of his clients are drama queens. One thing for sure though is, he is driving the salaries of pro football throught the roof.

Chad Johnson is one of the top 5 paid receivers in football and he doesnt think its enough. Why? Because Rosenhous clients like Berrian and Stallworth who are no where near as talented as CJ were cut giant contracts and in comparison CJ thinks he deserves more?

He is probably advising Boldin to try to get out of Arizona because Arizona wont be paying him Fitzgerald numbers. Boldin will prolly end up with another team and have a huge contract.

He will be redoing Tommy Harris contract soon as well and It will be astronomical.

He does represent talented players that will make good money but he is driving prices through the roof! That is for positions other than QB at least.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
Don't get me wrong MIB, I believe he's just doing his job as well and don't fault him for doing his job. I do however, fault him for the WAY he does his job. He benefits regardless... Albeit, he can only do what his client wants him to do, but he also has great influence over the situation and if he feels he can get more money by encouraging his client to be a complete assclown (See Chad) then he has nothing to lose.

Yes, though, he is doing his job...
So was it Drew's fault that Chad and Marvin got into at halftime of that playoff game also? Do you think Drew told Chad he should be traded?

Drew can only do what he's told, Chad wanted out point blank, you can't blame an agent for a players actions...Drew has over 50 clients and you don't hear so much as a peep from most of them, but sometimes he handles clients who go about it differently, but its certainly no where near his fault...This was becoming a problem well before Drew got involved.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to add that sports agents like Tom Condon and Eugene Parker are no better. Their Clients may not have as many public problems but they are no more innocent in raising prices that any other agent.

Tom Condon is the Agent of Peyton Manning, LT, Adrian Peterson, Byron Leftwich, Marvin Harrison and many others.

Parker initiated the large rookie deal for Larry Fitzgerald and his most recent contract. He also initiated the highest signing bonus in history for Troy Aikmen and Emmit Smith.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
He has asked for money as already mentioned.

You honestly think Chad got a raw deal? The guy goes insane when he runs the wrong route which results in a INT, he blasts his teammates in public.

He's extremely fragile, many many many players have dealt with much more. He acts like winning is as much to do with it, maybe if he hadn't completely choked in the Denver game in '06 we would've been to the playoffs 2 straight years but he killed us that game.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
So was it Drew's fault that Chad and Marvin got into at halftime of that playoff game also? Do you think Drew told Chad he should be traded?

Drew can only do what he's told, Chad wanted out point blank, you can't blame an agent for a players actions...Drew has over 50 clients and you don't hear so much as a peep from most of them, but sometimes he handles clients who go about it differently, but its certainly no where near his fault...This was becoming a problem well before Drew got involved.
Nowhere did I mention anything about the (so called) fight between Marvin and Chad. It has nothing to do with the argument... I did however, point out the FACT that Rosenwhore goes about his business in the wrong manner. Need further proof ?? Check out the You Tube clip Rosenwhore did begging for the Bengals to trade his client. WHO DOES THAT ?? Why would he do that ?? Other WR's are signing contracts WELL above what Chad is currently making and no one stands to beneift more from it (besides Chad) than his agent. Seems pretty clear to me who has the influence in this instance. All in all, it's irrelevant sue to Chad not getting traded, but this is certainly NOT the end of this story...