Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:22 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Lito to da Bucs?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...sits-with-Bucs

Quote:
FOXSports.com has learned that Sheppard was in Tampa on Wednesday to visit with the Buccaneers, who have emerged as the frontrunner for the two-time Pro Bowler, and is likely to be traded by Saturday.

It appears it will take a second-round pick plus and additional pick or player to get the deal done.

Two or three other teams are interested in the cornerback, who has played with the Eagles since entering the league in 2002.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:25 AM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

He's a terrible fit for their defense.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:48 AM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im going to guess that'll it will be a pick + either Jovan Haye or Greg White. White has just come out and said he'd like to be traded if he can't get a new contract, and Haye was shopped to the Chiefs as part of a potential Jared Allen deal.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:03 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We could use a good backup DT. Lito for a 2nd and Haye would be a nice trade.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:21 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind that trade at all. Perhaps we can use our picks to move up in the second, or maybe back into the late first, depending on what we get for Lito, and what other teams arewilling to trade for.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:06 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get why the eagles want to trade Lito?

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Beacase he is not hapy that Samuel has robbed his side of the field! Diddums! :p
Old 04-25-2008, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They don't. But he wants to be traded because Samuel got paid big $ and he knows the Birds won't pay him the same type of cash.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

ehhh we could get more then a late 2nd I think, should be a solid player also in return hopefully.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

I saw on yahoo sports that Michael Clayton may be included. Maybe he can bounce back to his rookie form but I doubt it wishful thinking.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:08 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not thrilled with the aspects of this deal. I would rather keep Lito and not get the extra #2. Haye is okay in a rotation, and I like Clayton okay, but I don't know if that kind of package would excite me enough to part with Lito right now.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do not understand why the Bucs want to trade Haye so badly, or why they want Lito, he would not fit in the cover 2 at all.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I do not understand why the Bucs want to trade Haye so badly, or why they want Lito, he would not fit in the cover 2 at all.
I'm crossing my fingers right now...please stop Bruce Allen.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would LOVE this deal...That's one team in front of Dallas who doesn't need to take Mike Jenkins, and Tamps is who I thought would get him anyway...Go Tampa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:40 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really a side note, but someone mentioned Greg White earlier, and I don't see it. The Eagles have a 4 deep at end already.

Overall, I don't see the particular necessity for either side to make this deal. I think Lito could fit (heck, if Phillip Buchanon could fit, physically Lito could fit. That said, I think they can wait to grab a CB, as they have traditionally done, if they miss on a CB at 20 they want (namely Mike Jenkins). Teams are in love with Chevis Jackson and reaching on him late 2nd might not be the worst idea out there, while still giving them flexibility.

Now that said, if the trade was simply Lito for the 2nd, then I guess the Bucs should pull the trigger, as they have the cap room and Lito will likely be more help than any rookie. Lito and Mike Clayton - pull the trigger. Clayton's stalled. But Lito and someone like Jovan Haye? I'm not sure you pull the trigger. Their DT rotation isn't exactly great. Put it this way - they could use an impact DT IMO anyways, unless Greg Peterson develops. And if they lack a 2nd, they'd have to wait for scraps in the 3rd or later, or reach terribly on someone in the first.

We'll have to wait and see, although Lito claimed he was simply visiting friends.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

At this point I'd be fine with the Bucs giving another team a pick just to take Micheal Clayton.

Haye's name being in trade rumors is a head scratcher to me. He's was pretty solid last year. I know Greg White said he wanted to be traded, but he doesn't really have any leverage.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
bofadabizzles
Veteran

bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
At this point I'd be fine with the Bucs giving another team a pick just to take Micheal Clayton.

Haye's name being in trade rumors is a head scratcher to me. He's was pretty solid last year. I know Greg White said he wanted to be traded, but he doesn't really have any leverage.
I could be wrong about this but I think all the mention of Javon Haye being involved in every Buc trade this offseason has more to do with people wanting him than the Bucs wanting to trade him. I also think Greg White wants a raise more than a trade.

As far Lito goes anything more than a 2nd round pick and Clayton would be a complete ripoff. It would probably help Michael Clayton's career to get away from Jon Gruden, it definitely won't hurt his career.
bofadabizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:29 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I would LOVE this deal...That's one team in front of Dallas who doesn't need to take Mike Jenkins, and Tamps is who I thought would get him anyway...Go Tampa.
umm...and Lito's nickname is Cowboy Killer, so it would be nice to get him out of the division. 8 INTs in 11 games against the Cowboys should be reason enough for you to enjoy this trade.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really want Clayton, we have enough #2 and #3 receivers.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
umm...and Lito's nickname is Cowboy Killer, so it would be nice to get him out of the division. 8 INTs in 11 games against the Cowboys should be reason enough for you to enjoy this trade.
I was just about to say that. Lito KILLS the Cowboys, absolutely slaughters them.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Might have to do with wanting to get some value for a guy who would play nickel corner for them until he walked. Might also have to do with his subpar season last year.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I don't really want Clayton, we have enough #2 and #3 receivers.
With a change in scenery Clayton could actually be a very good receiver. His rookie year wasn't a fluke.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

if lito returns to form this trade is a steal for TB. A probowler for a 2nd ronder and a rotational DLineman? Thats a great move for them, regardless of the fit.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
With a change in scenery Clayton could actually be a very good receiver. His rookie year wasn't a fluke.
His production since his rookie year says otherwise.

My Grandfather
Old 04-25-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofadabizzles View Post
I could be wrong about this but I think all the mention of Javon Haye being involved in every Buc trade this offseason has more to do with people wanting him than the Bucs wanting to trade him. I also think Greg White wants a raise more than a trade.

As far Lito goes anything more than a 2nd round pick and Clayton would be a complete ripoff. It would probably help Michael Clayton's career to get away from Jon Gruden, it definitely won't hurt his career.
I think Greg White needs to do it for more than a single season before he warrants a raise. At this point Michael Clayton can wears gloves on his feet instead of shoes and it won't hurt his career.

My Grandfather