Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
bofadabizzles
Veteran

bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
I think Greg White needs to do it for more than a single season before he warrants a raise. At this point Michael Clayton can wears gloves on his feet instead of shoes and it won't hurt his career.

I agree with ETK, Clayton can be good again but I don't see it happening in Tampa. Alot of his struggles seems to be due to a lack of confidence/focus which is only componded by Gruden. Who knows gloves on his feet might help him gets some of his mojo back.
bofadabizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lito is a terrible fit in the cover 2...this makes no sense at all for tampa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I would LOVE this deal...That's one team in front of Dallas who doesn't need to take Mike Jenkins, and Tamps is who I thought would get him anyway...Go Tampa.
It would also add one more... Philly
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints Enter the Lito Shuffle

We are apparently offering our 2nd round pick which is a much higher pick than the Bucs are offering (their 2nd rounder).

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tomorrow can't get here fast enough...
Old 04-25-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
Saints Enter the Lito Shuffle

We are apparently offering our 2nd round pick which is a much higher pick than the Bucs are offering (their 2nd rounder).
I rather switch first rounders with the Eagles plus Lito.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the st. louis rams maybe an outsider looking at Lito

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id loove to see baltimore take a run at him...he would give us an immediate upgrade over samari rolle. id give our 2nd rounder for him, which is higer then the saints and bucs (i think). id also be welcome to a deal where we swapped picks with the eagles and got lito out of it. thatd be even better. however i dont think it will happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Tomorrow can't get here fast enough...

so true, I'm stuck with listening to it on the radio or on the net (stupid NHL playoffs, only time you'll hear me saying that)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Canadian_kid16: I believe the draft will be streamed on NFL.com

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha could be a sad day for Bucs fans...

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see this trade going down, but giving up Jovan Haye and Greg White is completely stupid. Haye has a lot of potential at under tackle in our system and giving him away would leave a huge gap on the starting line. He isn't going anywhere in my opinion. I think the same can be said about Greg White. He had 8 sacks as a back-up, not too mention a ton of fumbles.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally can't wait for Lito to be traded. As a Cowboys fan and a Gators fan, it's hard to root against an ex-Gator. Plus, he usually picks us off eight times a game and takes three of em back for touchdowns. Seems like it anyway....
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
I could see this trade going down, but giving up Jovan Haye and Greg White is completely stupid. Haye has a lot of potential at under tackle in our system and giving him away would leave a huge gap on the starting line. He isn't going anywhere in my opinion. I think the same can be said about Greg White. He had 8 sacks as a back-up, not too mention a ton of fumbles.
Yeah Haye has a lot of potential in our system, but that's on top of what he's already proven himself capable of. Greg White has "it" as a pass rusher and we need at least 2 capable edge rushers to have an effective defense. Kevin Carter and Marques Douglas won't cut it opposite Adams on passing downs.

Even a 2nd rounder or Haye as individual options would suck. Haye is young, loaded with potential and has already proven himself to be one of the top pass rushing DTs in the game. Sheppard is a good corner, but he's older than Haye and less valuable in our defense. Good Cover 2 corners grow on trees, but good pass rushing interior linemen come once or twice a year. Our FO has proven itself capable of finding good corners in the 2nd round or later, so why would we give up a 2nd rounder and a young, established player for a 27 year old corner that has never played in our system? I trust our FO to be able to find a good young corner in the draft, but they'll have a VERY tough time finding a replacement for Haye or White.

No matter which way you put it, this trade blows and shows that Gruden & Allen are just trying to make a big splash by trading for a big-name player to raise interest for the team. What pisses me off the most is that they should be on the phones trying to work a deal for one of the disgruntled receivers instead of trying to add a damn corner.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Yeah Haye has a lot of potential in our system, but that's on top of what he's already proven himself capable of. Greg White has "it" as a pass rusher and we need at least 2 capable edge rushers to have an effective defense. Kevin Carter and Marques Douglas won't cut it opposite Adams on passing downs.

Even a 2nd rounder or Haye as individual options would suck. Haye is young, loaded with potential and has already proven himself to be one of the top pass rushing DTs in the game. Sheppard is a good corner, but he's older than Haye and less valuable in our defense. Good Cover 2 corners grow on trees, but good pass rushing interior linemen come once or twice a year. Our FO has proven itself capable of finding good corners in the 2nd round or later, so why would we give up a 2nd rounder and a young, established player for a 27 year old corner that has never played in our system? I trust our FO to be able to find a good young corner in the draft, but they'll have a VERY tough time finding a replacement for Haye or White.

No matter which way you put it, this trade blows and shows that Gruden & Allen are just trying to make a big splash by trading for a big-name player to raise interest for the team. What pisses me off the most is that they should be on the phones trying to work a deal for one of the disgruntled receivers instead of trying to add a damn corner.
I completely agree.

Could I see the Buccaneers offering a straight up draft pick? Sure, it is definitely a possibility.

But to mortgage our D-Line, which is crucial to the success of the defense as a whole, would be downright stupid.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I do not understand why the Bucs want to trade Haye so badly, or why they want Lito, he would not fit in the cover 2 at all.
A package of a second and Haye would be a bit much imo. Including Clayton in the deal instead of Haye would seem just about right.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
What pisses me off the most is that they should be on the phones trying to work a deal for one of the disgruntled receivers instead of trying to add a damn corner.
think we could make a run for chad johnson?

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
think we could make a run for chad johnson?
Absolutely. Or Roy Williams, or Anquan Boldin, but once pick 20 is over and done with we have no shot for any of them.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote