Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like a nice deal for the Phins..
Old 04-25-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I dont think I ever called him top 20...but, I do think he still has a great deal of potential. He could end up being a great player for them. I'm not going to be upset, though...because, Curtis has a lot of talent as well and we do have one of the best TEs already starting. It's not like Fasano was a key contributor anyway and he dropped too many passes, at inopportune times. I honestly hope he does well. I'd be thrilled w/ this deal, if I was a Dolphins fan.
I can swear you said that. I'll see if I can find it.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Weren't you (and other Cowboys fans) calling Fasano a top 20 TE in the NFL
Actually that was me who said he could start for probably half the teams in the NFL at some point, and I was probably alone on that but we shall see...

I'm more so happy about getting Akin out of the lineup then I am the return...I would of prefered a 3rd, but not having Akin starting is worth it, he played just as bad as Roy did....

Burnett will see more snaps this way, he is going to play most passing downs and spell Thomas alot more to keep him fresh, I can see a heavier rotation for him, he is too valuable, Ayodele was expendable.

And we still don't need to address ILB unless we trade Carpenter, he might be buried, but he can still play there if we need him to and he can't be any worse the Ayodele if he needed to fill in, TE late is an option, and of course, this gives me hope that we draft Jermichael Finley :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow great deal by Miami. I liked Fasano a lot.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Actually that was me who said he could start for probably half the teams in the NFL at some point, and I was probably alone on that but we shall see...

I'm more so happy about getting Akin out of the lineup then I am the return...I would of prefered a 3rd, but not having Akin starting is worth it, he played just as bad as Roy did....

Burnett will see more snaps this way, he is going to play most passing downs and spell Thomas alot more to keep him fresh, I can see a heavier rotation for him, he is too valuable, Ayodele was expendable.

And we still don't need to address ILB unless we trade Carpenter, he might be buried, but he can still play there if we need him to and he can't be any worse the Ayodele if he needed to fill in, TE late is an option, and of course, this gives me hope that we draft Jermichael Finley :D

i think he could start for more then half the teams...he is a more complete TE then most of the starters in the league
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
This doesn't shock me a whole lot. Parcells gets two guys who he has coached before which gives him a little less to worry about during the regular season. Good trade.
Yeah good trade for the phins but to me it doesnt make sense for Dallas

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have preferred to trade PacMan for Fasano and Ayodele... Por Que?!

Great deal for Miami, and it seems that Dallas was able to let loose some dead weight in exchange for decent return. While Dallas's roster contains youth or backups who can start, Miami's roster would be improved by Dallas's extras.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curtis is a viable backup to Witten and the difference between him and Fasano wasn't much to be honest. More surprised with Ayodele getting traded, but with James and the addition of Thomas, we'll be fine there for now. The only thing is, it opens up another hole we need to fill in the draft cuz Thomas ain't getting no younger!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I can swear you said that. I'll see if I can find it.
I dont think I ever said that...I went back and forth when it came to Fasano many a times. Hell, when we first got him, I hated him. Maybe you're referring to the time when I said he could start for a number of teams out there?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
i think he could start for more then half the teams...he is a more complete TE then most of the starters in the league
Well at the time everyone had a good laugh out of it, but that's what happens when you go against the grain, since then Fasano has played really well and showed alot of potential for only being 23 years old, he was groomed properly and hasn't been given a chance to play being the starter yet, for a young team like Miami I would be ecstatic.

As far as us, this 4th is more then likely going to be packaged together to move up at some point in the draft.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
Very odd. Talk about getting frozen out by your organization.
All the mocks had us picking him that year. I, too, wondered what the hell happened to him.. I haven't seen him on the field as much.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont think I ever said that...I went back and forth when it came to Fasano many a times. Hell, when we first got him, I hated him. Maybe you're referring to the time when I said he could start for a number of teams out there?
My mistake. As he pointed out it was LonghornsLegend I was thinking of.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd430 View Post
Curtis is a viable backup to Witten and the difference between him and Fasano wasn't much to be honest. More surprised with Ayodele getting traded, but with James and the addition of Thomas, we'll be fine there for now. The only thing is, it opens up another hole we need to fill in the draft cuz Thomas ain't getting no younger!
Akin wasn't horrible, but he wasn't good by any stretch of the imagination either. Him leaving is fine in my book. And if you haven't noticed we have a Burnett and Carp behind Bradie and Zach, it's not exactly a gaping hole at ILB.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OH YEAH! It's Tony Curtis time!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Akin wasn't horrible, but he wasn't good by any stretch of the imagination either. Him leaving is fine in my book. And if you haven't noticed we have a Burnett and Carp behind Bradie and Zach, it's not exactly a gaping hole at ILB.
I guess it depends on who you ask, personally I think Ayodele played horrible and that led to his departure, Jerry hinted at him being gone 3 or 4 times since the season was over...To be an ILB, he took bad angle after bad angle on running plays, over pursued plays, wasn't a playmaker out there, he was basically just taking up space...I went back and saw too many plays where he looked lost, or was nowhere near the ball carrier, I have been wanting Jerry to follow through and get rid of him for some time, and when Thomas came I knew that was his ticket out of town.

Now hopefully this opens the door for Burnett to get more chances, because he is a guy I want on the field more.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it funny that JJ just said he would not trade anyone on draft day today...so, he decides to deal them the day before. Sticking to his word. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-25-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul,

Can't believe I forgot about Burnett, even after seeing his name in this same thread... I blame it on the brain farts...

But I don't really like Carpenter, but then again, I don't think he's had enough time to develop to his full potential either. Wade's scheme requires a lot of linebackers too...
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

This gives Burnett a chance to excel, and if he does, the Cowboy will be able to resign him for cheap because no one else is going to want a 5th year LB who has never started before...

It also dumps Ayodele, who was eating up precious salary on an inflated contract. Fasano wasn't doing a whole lot behind Witten and had a reputation for dropping big balls on 3rd down and in the playoffs -- So who cares if hes gone.

This gives the boys 5 picks in the top 100 and moved them up 26 spots from the draft pick they lost for Pacman.

good trade for both IMO.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
2. Why would Parcells give Payton a "thumbs up" on Fasano instead of trading for Fasano himself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
1. I could see the Garrett's offense argument, but Fasano is under a second round rookie contract, not that much money by NFL standards.
2. If Parcells isn't willing to give up a mid round pick for someone he likes who has only been in the league two years, I would think his thumbs up would be worth less than a hill of beans in some sort of crazy world.

In retrospect, I probably should have seen this coming.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LOL wow, I forgot all about that conversation...I have to give it to BBD he called this last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
i just thought of something.

if the Saints want a TE so badly, why not trade a 3rd or 4th to Dallas for Fasano?
:D good stuff BBD, not like it was the Saints, but I remember you saying something about trading him for a 4th.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 09:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats highway robbery. Miami straight up STOLE him. Watch how baller he is in Miami, he is a good TE who never got a chance behind a top 3 TE in Witten.

This reaffirms my questioning of the Saints and why they didn't try to get Fasano. Fasano went for a 4th. Shoot, Im upset the Giants didn't trade Shockey and in turn trade for Fasano. This was robbery.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
LOL wow, I forgot all about that conversation...I have to give it to BBD he called this last week.

:D good stuff BBD, not like it was the Saints, but I remember you saying something about trading him for a 4th.
:)

Shame Fasano didn't get a chance in Dallas. I really liked the guy. But i guess you can't complain when you have Witten.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:00 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

His value certaintly took a bit of a hit with that reconstructive shoulder surgery. Still, he may end up being a steal for them.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-26-2008, 10:18 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Curtis >>>>> Anthony Fasano

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Parcells doesnt want him. He was already approached about a deal a while back. Most scouts dont even think Carp can play in a 3-4 these days. I've been looking for the article on this but, I cant find it. I posted it somewhere on this forum. haha.
If the Patriots can steal Carpenter for a mid round pick i think they'll do it.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote