Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Where is Sean Salisbury hiding?

Did ESPN fire him? Just noticed I haven't seen him around lately, and this past season he was the main guy talking about the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
jefepowhnzer
Rookie

jefepowhnzer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I believe he was fired a couple months ago..

EDIT: His contract wasn't renewed

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/...salisbury.html

Last edited by jefepowhnzer : 04-26-2008 at 12:01 AM.
jefepowhnzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember hearing he was fired. He wasn't very professional when he was on tv but I liked him.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

He's a chump.

Never manned up to his words. I'm still waiting for him to walk from Bristol to DC wearing a Hogs outfit.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was getting fat and had a mental break down.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
He was getting fat and had a mental break down.
Fat he was getting, and his last few months he looked like a fat lazy bum who never shaved...I wasn't sure if him not shaving was due to the writers strike, or him being lazy and depressed.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read somewhere that he wanted out of ESPN. LOL, whatever.

Thank goodness we won't have to hear him and his over-the-top fickle nonsense again!
Old 04-26-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather have Salisbury than Meril Hodge that guy is straight up dumb. Put Keyshawn in place of Meril. You got to have that token black guy, thats crazy, after they fired Michel Irvin. That cb is there but hes not going of on crazy rants.

Come to think of it did they ever place Michael Irvin and Meril Hodge on tv together. Think of the possibilities.....
Old 04-26-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taking pictures of himself in the bathroom to show all the ladies.

Actually, I read something where he complained about his contract and how former players would get paid way more simply for their name while not being very good... Apparently he missed the fact that he's not any good himself.

EDIT: I liked Irvin, he was entertaining without being too annoying to me. Hodge/Salisbury are terrible.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
You got to have that token black guy, thats crazy

The new addition to Bristol.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Cris Carter will fill that crazy void in my espn. He better live up to it or else...
Old 04-26-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Irvin wasn't half as bad as people made it seem, but its ok because his radio show is awesome, and makes up for it...

But as long as Emmitt was replaced, ESPN was going to find a way to get better...Hodge has got to be the next to go, hurts me head to listen to him and I feel like I'm getting dumber...Salisbury at least knew his stuff.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I loved Emmitt and Steve Young,

Steve Young: gives a 300 word detailed response. makes sense

Emmit Smith: says two words make no sense

Young: Looks at Emmitt like he is an idiot
Old 04-26-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Young: Looks at Emmitt like he is an idiot
He is... (10)
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

suposedly he wanted out... and made some rediculous contract demands money wise.. like millions.

They didnt accept, and both moved on.
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Irvin wasn't half as bad as people made it seem, but its ok because his radio show is awesome, and makes up for it...

But as long as Emmitt was replaced, ESPN was going to find a way to get better...Hodge has got to be the next to go, hurts me head to listen to him and I feel like I'm getting dumber...Salisbury at least knew his stuff.
Salisbury didn't know jack $#%^
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never liked Salisbury. His pompous, wanna-be macho talk became taxing very quickly, and he never added anything insightful to the conversation. Didn't he get in arguments with John Clayton when they'd do the split-screen, debate segment on SportsCenter? I always thought he acted like a jackass during those segments - no one talks to John Clayton like that. You gats a prablem wit John Clayton, yous can meet me in da back alley...

Mark Schlereth is by far my favorite analyst on ESPN. Him along with Trey Wingo is fine with me, and I prefer them to alter out that 3rd slot every other week or so. Of course, John Clayton and Jaws always have something to say that adds to the discussion.

Merril Hoge is despised by all Titans fans. One can tell concussions ended his career.

Marcellous Wiley has about worn out his welcome in my book. He's not terrible or anything, but he just appeared out of nowhere with this odd swagger about him. Suspicioussssss!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:11 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I read somewhere that he wanted out of ESPN. LOL, whatever.

Thank goodness we won't have to hear him and his over-the-top fickle nonsense again!
He wanted out because he was sick of being one of the better analysts and never getting to do any "real" journalism because there were a bunch of former players taking part in shows.

As a journalist (6 months out) I can understand it. It happens all the time, you get former sports stars who can barely string sentences together getting positions on camera and writing columns over people who're academically more qualified. I wouldn't act like a bum and stop looking after myself.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:20 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
He wanted out because he was sick of being one of the better analysts and never getting to do any "real" journalism because there were a bunch of former players taking part in shows.

As a journalist (6 months out) I can understand it. It happens all the time, you get former sports stars who can barely string sentences together getting positions on camera and writing columns over people who're academically more qualified. I wouldn't act like a bum and stop looking after myself.
sarcasm....?
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:39 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean sent a little present to the ladies at ESPN, plus he wanted more money.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:42 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Next to epsn.......

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:56 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Next to epsn.......
good god...I hope not...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:53 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I figure Sean Salisbury is WAY too busy hosting a website where girls can pay $10 a month to see him dance around his house half-naked.

Of Course he'll probably be declaring bankruptcy soon.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:04 AM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi7XtBv94pE

Salisbury was an idiot. Never knew what he was talking about, had very biased opinions. He should have known better than to argue with John Clayton, who actually contributes something to ESPN. Seems like John Clayton is to ESPN what Adam Schefter is to the NFLN, he always breaks the scoop on new deals.
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bye bye sean.....

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote