Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 04-26-2008, 08:29 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chargers' 2008 Draft

I havnt said this enough if we get a CB in the first round i will be pissed, We need to aim for a safety Kenny Phillips, top safety from the draft and hes played cornerback before so he fills both needs, runs a 4.4 a great pick for the 1st round

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
UncleHulka
Rookie

UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.

I guess you're pissed. ;)
But at least AJ didn't reach ala/ Beathard with a mediocre lineman. The offensive linemen were all taken. You have to admit it could've been worse. Now will be interesting if the Bolts trade a player or future picks for a third tomorrow.
UncleHulka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:19 AM    (permalink
UncleHulka
Rookie

UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.UncleHulka could make a wolverine purr.
Thumbs down

Well, there's your AJ Smith reach. A second and a fifth for Jacob Freaking Hester? God, that was HORRIBLE. I live in Louisiana and have seen just about every game that kid has played in and he just doesn't project to a good pro. Great college player, and good character, but not nearly talented enough to be much of a pro. Too small to be a FB, too slow and tight for RB. It was bad enough that they got him but to give up a 2nd round pick to New England (of all teams) was just awful. This guy will not make you forget Michael Turner. Terrible, terrible pick.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im glad i wasnt awake for that **** wtf is AJ thinking a future fucken second?

Old 04-27-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
zdh87
Rookie

zdh87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Personally, I love the Jacob Hester pick. I actually said in another thread that I would like Hester. I agree that a second is a lot, but guys, we don't need that much. We barely have enough room on our roster for this draft. Hester is a great complement for LT. Short yardage back and great special teamer, not to mention he's a full back that can block.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

we need a tackle...

Old 04-27-2008, 12:31 PM    (permalink
UncleHulka
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdh87 View Post
Personally, I love the Jacob Hester pick. I actually said in another thread that I would like Hester. I agree that a second is a lot, but guys, we don't need that much. We barely have enough room on our roster for this draft. Hester is a great complement for LT. Short yardage back and great special teamer, not to mention he's a full back that can block.
Actually, he isn't a very good blocker. There were about 50 guys out there that would have made more sense at that point. You can sugar-coat it all you want, but it was a horrible pick. He would've been there 2 rounds later anyway. Why move that high?

Two straight years, two LSU guys overdrafted. Is Buddy Nix having too much input, or is this a Norv Turdner influence we're seeing? Christ. If LT goes down (God forbid) Hester still won't start.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
zdh87
Rookie

I agree that they may have not needed to trade up, but Norv will get him the ball and make him useful. Not to mention, I think at this point, AJ deserves the benefit of the doubt. Don't you? Ask Arkansas if Jacob Hester can run the ball. Over 1,000 yards rushing the SEC is nothing to sneeze at.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

it was a major freakin reach

Old 04-28-2008, 02:56 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Im a little picky, but the latter picks i felt were kinda dumb. Thomas and Tribble are two picks that just bewilder me. Thomas i hear is a strong runner and could be a replacement for turner.. but now we kinda have a crowded backfield no? Nannee is officially a wide out now i suppose? hester is gonna be a new-age fullback type i guess. and sproles is purely situational? I dunno it seemed like an OT would have been smarter then taking more of the same.. And tribble, reminds me a whooollee lot of d-flo, and thats not good. He even wears the same number. I guess i can understand the reason we took the positions, but really aj? really?

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
zdh87
Rookie

I think that Jacob Hester is the new short yardage runner. DeJuan Tribble can be a 4th CB, which is now what he'll be, assuming the Cletis Gordon is not that guy. Also working under the assumption that Paul Oliver is indeed moving to safety. DFlo would have been a fine 4th, yes? I too am concerned about the lack of RT drafted until the 7th, but as I previously stated, AJ deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default LJ Shelton

Shelton is a perfect backup to Clarey, starting experience, and a vet!!!
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
UncleHulka
Rookie

Looks as if Turner and co. found out that Hester wasn't what they thought he was. I think a few people on the main board actually neg repped me earlier for crapping on that pick. Well, at least Tolbert made up for that dumb selection.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleHulka View Post
Looks as if Turner and co. found out that Hester wasn't what they thought he was. I think a few people on the main board actually neg repped me earlier for crapping on that pick. Well, at least Tolbert made up for that dumb selection.
Are you serious? It has been 3 weeks you cant judge a rookie after 3 weeks.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
UncleHulka
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
Are you serious? It has been 3 weeks you cant judge a rookie after 3 weeks.
With running backs, you pretty much know what you have right away.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Cribbs>Hester needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleHulka View Post
With running backs, you pretty much know what you have right away.
hmm Cadillac Williams rushed for more yards than any other rookie back in the history of the NFL after the first 3 weeks. He fell off a lot....and then got hurt and his career is more than likely over.
Cribbs>Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
UncleHulka
Rookie

An attempted trade for Oak RB Michael Bush apparently fell through. You have to admit that it's kind of hard not to take this as a knock on their view of Hester. Two years in a row and two LSU players overdrafted. I hope that was Buddy Nix's SEC influence and not a sign that A.J. is slipping.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default RB position

Bush would have been nice, and it was indeed an indictment against Hester. I really hope we are able to resign Sproles.
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

yeah i really dont want to see to see sproles go, and the LT+Bush combo wouldve be nice