Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 04-27-2008, 05:46 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Started off pretty sweet for you guys... Then what happened? All receivers? They're not THAT important to win and you guys are already full at the position. Weird. I thought you should've at least addressed DE with one of your first 3 picks.

I wonder if Snyder started thinking, hey let's hog up the receivers to screw everyone else up... not realizing he was screwing himself up.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:08 AM    (permalink
boisefan
Rookie

boisefan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mix was our only tall WR until now, I like Thomas, I might like Kelly (I don't right now, but he might win me over if his knees aren't blown out).
Davis... WISH WE GOT CAMPBELL INSTEAD.

Come on day 2, no more people trying to catch the ball please...
boisefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you guys have to realize that on the roster after moss and randel el we only had james thrash who is on the edge of retirement and anthony mix who was an undrafted free agent by the giants and cut. mix is a good special teams player and thats the extent of it. in a west coast offense you have to have more quality depth at wr than that. we got great value on both of those guys and even though we have needs as well at other positions weve got 6 day 2 picks still and some quality guys still on the board at lb, oline, and dline. not as much talent left at cb but there are a couple guys still.

i actually like the fred davis pick a lot. i had him as my #1 te. cooley loves to move around on the field. he likes to line up in the slot as well as in the backfield. davis is a good run blocker and a great receiver as well. he offers the skins a lot of versatility to run some two te sets and either pound the ball running or pull out some great play actions. thats something that todd yoder just doesnt give as the backup. yoder has had 35 catches in 9 years in the nfl.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

liking the chad rhinehart pick! i had him as my second most underrated guard prospect behind zuttah. the thing that i know the redskins love about rhinehart is his versatility. theyve said all offseason that they would like to find a young offensive lineman that can swing and provide depth at both guard and tackle and among that available olineman rhinehart probably had the most versatility in that aspect. schuening may have been a better pure guard and anthony collins and carl knicks may have been better pure tackles but none of them really have that versatility that rhinehart does.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
boisefan
Rookie

What the HELL happened at 103 overall? both channels had TEN picking?
WTF
Old 04-27-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan View Post
What the HELL happened at 103 overall? both channels had TEN picking?
WTF
We traded down to get a 5th.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

feelin good about the justin tryon pick. didnt know much about the guy till we picked him and i like what i see. he is a little undersized at 59 but hes quite strong and physical nonetheless. put up 21 reps on the bench and said to be a good form tackler. kid transferred into arizona state his junior year and immediately started 26 straight games over his two years there as the #1 cb. was an all american in juco before transferring. his senior year he only allowed the opposition to complete just 31.13 percent of the passes thrown into his direction. he tore up the shrine game too.

pretty good speed with a 4.42 and a nice vertical for a shorter guy at 33 inches. from what ive seen his quickness and desire give him the ability to make up in recovery for taking a lot of risks.

Last edited by DiG : 04-27-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
feelin good about the justin tryon pick. didnt know much about the guy till we picked him and i like what i see. he is a little undersized at 59 but hes quite strong and physical nonetheless. put up 21 reps on the bench and said to be a good form tackler. kid transferred into arizona state his junior year and immediately started 26 straight games over his two years there as the #1 cb. was an all american in juco before transferring. his senior year he only allowed the opposition to complete just 31.13 percent of the passes thrown into his direction. he tore up the shrine game too.

pretty good speed with a 4.42 and a nice vertical for a shorter guy at 33 inches. from what ive seen his quickness and desire give him the ability to make up in recovery for taking a lot of risks.
yea i have really like what i have seen on him... will add some nice depth and will be a perfect nickel in our scheme a couple years from now... very tough and loves tto make plays so that will help his size and people on es say hes more towards 5 10"... seems to be cocky just like smoot so i think he will fit nicely into that locker room the only thing is he is also a cowboys fan! o well him and kelly can learn to be skins together thats good

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

i am happy with the durant brooks pick. frost is so terribly inconsistent and unreliable. over the past 3 years frost in the nfl has averaged just under 41 yards per kick. brooks averages 45.3 and has much better consistency and brooks accuracy and placement is money. kid had a long of 77 this year!!

Last edited by DiG : 04-27-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

decent pick with kareem moore. la confora mentioned earlier this week that moore was a guy the skins were bringing in and were interested in drafting in the late rounds. hes a pure SS and ive seen him compared to Ryan Clark who is a guy most skins fans were upset to lose in FA two years back. hes a little short and doesnt have good timed speed but everything ive seen says hes got great awareness, good instincts, and great in the box. considering we arent going to resign peirson this gives good depth and a guy that can compete with reed at SS.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

welcome to washington mr. brennan. told ya d unit.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are we passing on Erin Henderson damnit!!!

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
boisefan
Rookie

Where is our DE?
Brennan will be good to watch, as a Boise State fan, I have watched many.. almost all.. of his games.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan View Post
Where is our DE?
Brennan will be good to watch, as a Boise State fan, I have watched many.. almost all.. of his games.
i am actually ok with not drafting a de. i think the need has been blown out of proportion big time. i think phillip daniels has at least one more decent year in him. hes not going to scare the quarterback but he is solid in run support. the guy people forget is chris wilson as a pass rusher. at the end of the year when he was given a chance he really performed. not just with 4 sacks but with a lot of pressure an hurries as well. wilson though isnt going to help in run support at all. hes a pass rush guy only but demetric evans is a decent backup in that regard. i wouldnt mind another guy to groom to take over as our true starter at RDE for daniels after this year but ill admit i wasnt really in love with any of the prospects. thats really what it came down to i feel. we are really strong on the rest of the line with griffin, montgomery, and andre carter and then gholston as backup at dt. we finished 8th overall in defense this year in the nfl and 4th against the run. with mcintosh and rogers back we should be ok.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That and beyond the 3rd round there was really no DE I could see making much of an impact for us. I wanted Kendall Langford but he was taken early.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
boisefan
Rookie

True, Wilson did shine late, and the DE's flew off the boards early in this draft.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

got another ss prospect and a pass rusher in the 7th. seem like decent prospects for that late.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Redskins Draft Grade

2(34) Devin Thomas- (A) Yes there were other players at other positions we could have had but to get the top rated WR who we would hope to drop to us at 21 and then get him at 34 is incredible. I am so excited. He is big and fast, perfect fit, should step in and be our #2 WR right away.

2(48) Fred Davis- (B) Not a big fan of the pick when it was made, and still would have taken Calais but it makes sense. We need multiple TE threats in our offensive system and behind Cooley there is no one. Davis is first round talent and arguably the most complete TE in the draft. But again I would have preferred to take Calais at 48 and Davis at 51, that would be a super draft.

2(51) Malcolm Kelly- (C) Kind of overkill on the receivers but you can't argue getting the #1 rated WR by some. Will provide us with that true big redzone target we have lacked for so long. There are injury risks with him though. Should be our 4th option at WR, although you have to question taking so many wideouts early in the draft, but I know the Skins were really high on him, I personally prefer Limas Sweed over him.

3(96) Chad Rhinehart (C+) Decent value for him, but probably too raw to even back up his first year. Good to see O-line help though.

4(125) Justin Tyron (D) Wanted to see CB here but there were better corners on the board. He was more of a 6th-7th round prospect in my eyes.

6(168) Durant Brooks (B) Good pick. Frost is so inconsistent and I have seen Brooks boom punts in the ACC and he could be a real weapon for us.

6(180) Kareem Moore (B) Like the pick, should be a solid contributer at least on special teams.

6(186) Colt Brennan (D+) I'm not going to pretend that I like him and I don't ever think he will stay on an NFL roster, but interesting to see if we can some how develop him into a decent career backup. Was hoping for Josh Johnson, damn Jon Gruden.

7(242) Rob Jackson (C+) Finally a Dline pick, compares somewhat to Chris Wilson.

7(249) Chris Horton (C) I liked what I saw from him in a couple games, has a shot to make the roster or practice squad.

All in all it was a solid draft, excited to see so many picks, but I really think we could have had a spectacular draft had we made some different picks here in there. Hopefully we can pick up Erin Henderson, don't know the deal with him. Also give a practice squad look to a Adarius Bowman or Ernie Wheelwright.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

i dont agree at all. i think we did a lot better than you graded. ill grade mine soon.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Redskins Draft Grade

2(34) Devin Thomas- (A) Made me sick when this pick was made. I wanted Mike Jenkins at 22 and Thomas at 28. Bah!

2(48) Fred Davis- (C-) A bigger mistake than you probably realize. Yeah, you needed depth, but with a 2nd rounder who doesn't provide any more versatility at the position than what you already have? With the WC offense Zorn brings, you probably should've gone with a more traditional TE, like a John Carlson or Martellus Bennett... or better yet, a Kellen Davis, Martin Rucker, Jermichael Finley much later in the draft instead of adding another H-Back type.

2(51) Malcolm Kelly- (C) At this point overkill is a good word. It's like you guys forgot that you already had highly invested receivers on your team. But to each their own. You ready to take on the cap hit of releasing Moss and Randle El? Or are you seriously gonna pay to keep them all?

3(96) Chad Rhinehart (B-) Plays like a hog lineman. Like the fit, not a huge fan of the value.

4(125) Justin Tyron (D) Not sure what the team saw in him to feel like grabbing him here. I feel it was a reach.

6(168) Durant Brooks (B+) Good time to take him. I think he still would've been there at 186, but I do think he's a keeper.

6(180) Kareem Moore (B) Can't complain about it here, but he's nothing to write home about.

6(186) Colt Brennan (A-) At this point of the draft, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Don't get caught up in the hate because you may have a personal agenda against him. Give yourself a chance to see how he adjusts to the NFL. If he can't adjust, there really is no harm in cutting him later. I think you'll be fans sooner rather than later.

7(242) Rob Jackson (C) I don't know who he is. So I guess he's an average 7th round pick.

7(249) Chris Horton (C) Horton hears a who?
Old 04-29-2008, 06:52 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Redskins Draft Grade

2(34) Devin Thomas- (A) Made me sick when this pick was made. I wanted Mike Jenkins at 22 and Thomas at 28. Bah!

2(48) Fred Davis- (C-) A bigger mistake than you probably realize. Yeah, you needed depth, but with a 2nd rounder who doesn't provide any more versatility at the position than what you already have? With the WC offense Zorn brings, you probably should've gone with a more traditional TE, like a John Carlson or Martellus Bennett... or better yet, a Kellen Davis, Martin Rucker, Jermichael Finley much later in the draft instead of adding another H-Back type.

2(51) Malcolm Kelly- (C) At this point overkill is a good word. It's like you guys forgot that you already had highly invested receivers on your team. But to each their own. You ready to take on the cap hit of releasing Moss and Randle El? Or are you seriously gonna pay to keep them all?

3(96) Chad Rhinehart (B-) Plays like a hog lineman. Like the fit, not a huge fan of the value.

4(125) Justin Tyron (D) Not sure what the team saw in him to feel like grabbing him here. I feel it was a reach.

6(168) Durant Brooks (B+) Good time to take him. I think he still would've been there at 186, but I do think he's a keeper.

6(180) Kareem Moore (B) Can't complain about it here, but he's nothing to write home about.

6(186) Colt Brennan (A-) At this point of the draft, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Don't get caught up in the hate because you may have a personal agenda against him. Give yourself a chance to see how he adjusts to the NFL. If he can't adjust, there really is no harm in cutting him later. I think you'll be fans sooner rather than later.

7(242) Rob Jackson (C) I don't know who he is. So I guess he's an average 7th round pick.

7(249) Chris Horton (C) Horton hears a who?
I respect the opinion but Malcolm Kelly had a first round grade and you don't realize how thin our WR corps is. We got both these guys in the second round and the front office graded them as 1st round talent so they feel like they got a steal in paying 2 big guys non first round money. There is no reason we cut Moss or Randle El its not like we are too tied up into them in salary. These guys may not start or see the field as much as we would like immediately but Moss was constantly hurt last year and Randle El was dinged up a lot as well. After that its James Thrash and.... not much. Pretty much just developmental guys so I think it was a smart move.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 04-29-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
I respect the opinion but Malcolm Kelly had a first round grade and you don't realize how thin our WR corps is. We got both these guys in the second round and the front office graded them as 1st round talent so they feel like they got a steal in paying 2 big guys non first round money. There is no reason we cut Moss or Randle El its not like we are too tied up into them in salary. These guys may not start or see the field as much as we would like immediately but Moss was constantly hurt last year and Randle El was dinged up a lot as well. After that its James Thrash and.... not much. Pretty much just developmental guys so I think it was a smart move.
I think Malcolm Kelly had a first round grade until he ran his 40. If Washington gave him a first round grade, then they were probably the only ones since nobody else took him in round 1. You are probably right. Moss and Randle El probably won't get cut, but I think you've invested a lot into the receiving corps (WRs & TEs). More than you probably need or could afford to.

Damn you guys for getting Devin Thomas and Colt Brennan though.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think Malcolm Kelly had a first round grade until he ran his 40. If Washington gave him a first round grade, then they were probably the only ones since nobody else took him in round 1. You are probably right. Moss and Randle El probably won't get cut, but I think you've invested a lot into the receiving corps (WRs & TEs). More than you probably need or could afford to.

Damn you guys for getting Devin Thomas and Colt Brennan though.
You may be right but only time will tell. Kelly and Thomas will have low paying rookie contracts and by the time one of them breaks out and deserves a renewal or upgrade Moss or Randle El might be off the team. If all of them pan out though down the road you could be right cause it would be hard to pay top money to two te's and two or potentially three wr's if they develop into good or even great players.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 04-30-2008, 12:09 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is the overall view of Colt Brennan from Redskins fans?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
What is the overall view of Colt Brennan from Redskins fans?
I don't know about the people on this board but at extremeskins there is mixed feelings. Some people love the value and potential under Zorn and some think the pick was a waste. Personally, I don't mind the pick but I'm not crazy about it.

Steddy Ambition!