Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 04-27-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
gus82witten

Vince Redd Would be a great pick!
Old 04-27-2008, 02:37 AM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
who's going #2 in rd 3 fellas? Lions fan here liking K. Smith (no trouble there with you) but also like D. Connor... are you guys sniffing him at all?

Curious.
They could definitely have an interest in Connor. The Rams are quite thin at LB. I think it will be O-line, S, or LB in 3rd round.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:42 AM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

The more I find out about Donnie Avery the more I like him. He has amazing quickness. His 3-cone drill time was 6.30, the 2nd best time was 6.57. He runs a sub 4.3 40, which I think everyone knows is lightning fast. He is 5'11" and right around 200 lbs. The main knock on him route running, which can be taught. You cannot teach unreal quickness and speed, on top of that he has good size (unlike Desean Jackson who is very slight). As for any talk about the Rams being able to wait until the 3rd round and get him, read this article:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=403984

There were 10 WR's taken in the 2nd round, if the Rams had this guy as the best WR they would feel real foolish if he got nabbed before their 3rd round pick. On top of that, what else would they have taken? The 8th best OT? The more I find out about him the more I like him than the other WR's in the draft who all have weaknesses I consider more significant. Devin Thomas is the only guy I would feel as comfortable with.

Old 04-27-2008, 03:32 AM    (permalink
BTRams66

I like the pick of Long. For me although Dorsey is great it just would send the wrong image and message to Carriker. I believe Linehan was right It would have been wrong to take Dorsey and then tell Adam to move over.

To me the pick was either Long or Gholston. As for Avery I really like the guy but the situation annoys the heck out of me. The Front Office knows its a reach and although we apparently got our man I believe we didn't get full value. I don't mean a different player, but DROP Down 10 spots and he's still there plus you get another pick.

As for round 3 any of these four

LB Cliff Avril
LB Erin Henderson
S Reggie Smith
OT Anothony Collins
Old 04-27-2008, 08:17 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTRams66 View Post
As for Avery I really like the guy but the situation annoys the heck out of me. The Front Office knows its a reach and although we apparently got our man I believe we didn't get full value. I don't mean a different player, but DROP Down 10 spots and he's still there plus you get another pick.
There are multiple reports out there that seem to dispute the idea that he'd be there later.

As for guys to get later, I know a number of Rams fans clamoring for Dan Connor in the third round. That's certainly one potential direction, although I can't help but wonder if Miami's Tavares Gooden gives them more speed and versatility at the linebacker position. Reggie Smith and Justin King could bolster the secondary.

If the Rams are still looking for offensive line help, Anthony Collins will have to get some consideration at the top of round three, especially given how quickly tackles came off the board early on. I think from a value perspective, you have to look at NC State's DaJuan Morgan as someone you could take and groom behind Chavous to eventually start.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams take Toledo OL John Greco in the third round. He has potential at tackle and guard, and adding another guy to the interior line probably allows the Rams to feel more comfortable about moving Setterstrom inside to center.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the John Greco pick, i watched him during the Senior Bowl and he did great, he played both OT and OG so he can be moved. For our next pick we need a DB and LB I can see Erin Henderson or Tyvon Branch/Justin King at pick #101

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:58 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin King was our #101 selection out of Penn State (Cornerback)

Old 04-27-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Trolfes
Rookie

Trolfes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So, I was in a wedding yesterday so I was kind of out of the loop for a day, and what a day I missed out on. Chris Long was a great pick, nothing wrong there. Donnie Avery is really fast and a good return man. He isn't as polished as Desean Jackson, but at least he is tall enough to develop into a number one or two receiver instead of a lifetime slot guy. Greco adds versatility and depth to the OL,which is always a good thing. Justin King is a headcase but can be a great corner if someone can develop him. If Haslett can do to King what he has supposedly done to wroten, we have a franchise corner sitting in our laps.

NCAA- FSU

Tulane football will be bowling next year
Trolfes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:08 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greco will be used at every position on the line.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Last edited by freebirdsrams02 : 04-27-2008 at 12:10 PM.
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:09 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Justin King pick is the steal of the round. He should have gone the beginning of the third round. It seems the Rams might be going the best player on the board and thats what they need to be doing. So far i like our draft.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

4th Round, Pick 128- Keenan Burton, WR, Kentucky

Old 04-27-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
4th Round, Pick 128- Keenan Burton, WR, Kentucky
I personally don't like the pick, we have bigger needs then just WR, also we traded up to get him, overall not the best selection

Old 04-27-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Burton I believe was in Rick Gosselin's top 100, making him good value there. When healthy, there's a lot to like about him as a WR capable of going over the middle. Rams still committed to getting younger at receiver with Avery and Burton.

Trading up for OG Roy Schuening was a good move as well. More depth to the O-line with a guy who potentially could have gone a round or two higher.

Just two seventh rounders left.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

I think overall the Rams had a great draft. I was also sketchy when they jumped up to take Burton, but we never know whats going to happen. There is still some good players left that did not get drafted. Here are a few I like:

Ali Highsmith LB LSU
Tommy Blake DE TCU
Paul Smith QB Tulsa
Darius Reynaud WR West Virginia
Erin Henderson OLB Maryland
Marcus Griffin S Texas

Old 04-27-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams sign Brandon McAnderson FB as an UDFA

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2008/a...frenzy_begins/

It's a solid pickup, he could stick.