Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-26-2008, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ravens' 2008 Draft

The 2008 Draft is finally here!

It's Draft weekend, and best of luck to the Baltimore Ravens in finding good players to help the team for the future.

Discuss the event here.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:38 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ill straight up cry if we take matt ryan...im praying to god that atlanta or KC wants him. i like scotts new mock where we trade down with NO and take mcklevin. that sounds good to me.

another guy i really want in a ravens uni is tommy zbikowski. i was wathcing some film of him the other day, and he just plays like a raven. Hed be a great backup/special teams player, and i think he could push dawan landry as a starter. id like to see us grab him at the end of the 3rd round. I guess my ideal ravens PREDRAFT mock would look like this...

1)Leodis Mcklevin
2)Chad Henne
3)Tommy Zbikowski
4)Steve Slaton
6)Tommy Blake

something like that anyways, id like to see all those players in a ravens uni before the day is over...well, not really henne, but everyone seems so set on us taking a QB, id rather have him in the 2nd then ryan in the 1st
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Last edited by A Perfect Score : 04-26-2008 at 08:51 AM.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:04 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
ill straight up cry if we take matt ryan...im praying to god that atlanta or KC wants him. i like scotts new mock where we trade down with NO and take mcklevin. that sounds good to me.

another guy i really want in a ravens uni is tommy zbikowski. i was wathcing some film of him the other day, and he just plays like a raven. Hed be a great backup/special teams player, and i think he could push dawan landry as a starter. id like to see us grab him at the end of the 3rd round. I guess my ideal ravens PREDRAFT mock would look like this...

1)Leodis Mcklevin
2)Chad Henne
3)Tommy Zbikowski
4)Steve Slaton
6)Tommy Blake

something like that anyways, id like to see all those players in a ravens uni before the day is over...well, not really henne, but everyone seems so set on us taking a QB, id rather have him in the 2nd then ryan in the 1st
I would vomit profusely if we got Zbikowski and Slaton.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I would vomit profusely if we got Zbikowski and Slaton.
you sir, are a crazy man. i like them both very much as ravens. but, to each his own, and we shall see how it all plays out later today
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:14 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
you sir, are a crazy man. i like them both very much as ravens. but, to each his own, and we shall see how it all plays out later today
Zbikowski is a clod back there in the secondary, but that said I hate our history with ND players and he would be a depth pick. I don't like his coverage skills at safety and our safeties do have one on one coverages assignments frequently and I don't see him being able to win most of those match ups.

As for Slaton, we don't need another addition to the injury report.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:38 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Zbikowski is a clod back there in the secondary, but that said I hate our history with ND players and he would be a depth pick. I don't like his coverage skills at safety and our safeties do have one on one coverages assignments frequently and I don't see him being able to win most of those match ups.

As for Slaton, we don't need another addition to the injury report.
I agree with you on Slaton, Dan Cody ring a bell?
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:58 AM    (permalink
bmoreravens5289
Rookie

bmoreravens5289 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would love it if Scott's mock draft actually happened.

1. McKelvin
2. Flacco
3. Choice

Sig by BuckNaked
Ravens
Baltimore Orioles
Maryland Terrapins
bmoreravens5289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:14 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This waiting friggin' sucks thank god we have the 8th pick this year...
Old 04-26-2008, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree trakline I hope they put it back to noon.

I am hoping for

1)Ellis
2)Flacco

then I will be happy.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:26 AM    (permalink
bmoreravens5289
Rookie

Well ESPN says Rams will take Chris long so that means that the Falcons will take Glenn Dorsey so maybe Ryan will fall to us.....?

Sig by BuckNaked
Ravens
Baltimore Orioles
Maryland Terrapins
Old 04-26-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott said the Rams to Dorsey which makes ATL probably take Ryan. We will see
Old 04-26-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
bmoreravens5289
Rookie

Apparently Michael Smith is reporting for ESPN that the Rams will take Chris Long, and NFL Network is saying that it is confirmed that the Falcons will select Matt Ryan....dont know if there is any truth to these but there is a ticker on ESPN that says Rams have chosen Long.

Sig by BuckNaked
Ravens
Baltimore Orioles
Maryland Terrapins
Old 04-26-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
I agree with you on Slaton, Dan Cody ring a bell?

BLASPHEMY!!!!!

HOW DARE YOU SAY HIS NAME!

We will not dare speak his name and continue this horrid curse that plagues him. We are only allowed to refer to him as that certain linebacker from Oklahoma.

BREAK THE CURSE!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-26-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

Quote:
BLASPHEMY!!!!!

HOW DARE YOU SAY HIS NAME!

We will not dare speak his name and continue this horrid curse that plagues him. We are only allowed to refer to him as that certain linebacker from Oklahoma.

BREAK THE CURSE!
My bad don't know what I was thinking...Got caught up in the moment.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
My bad don't know what I was thinking...Got caught up in the moment.
Its ok, we got keep the faith this year!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-26-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Schefter just dropped a bomb, the Ravens are trying to trade up with the Rams to get Matt Ryan. The St. Louis war room is debating whether to take Baltimore's offer.
just off NFLN...**** YOU OZZIE!
Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

This can't be!!!! The All seeing Wizard Of Oz cant be this blind!!! DONT DO IT OZ!!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

I lose all faith in Ozzie if we really trade up to 2..ESPECIALLY if we give up Suggs.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I heard we may give up Suggs, there will be a riot in the inner harbor if that happens! I wont lose faith in Ozzie but he is putting his nuts on the line w/ that idea.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Troj2man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewyRaven318 View Post
I lose all faith in Ozzie if we really trade up to 2..ESPECIALLY if we give up Suggs.
I'm singing the praises of Ozzie if he makes that deal. Terrell Suggs while a good pass rusher, disappears at times during the season. He's asking for Freeney type money which is way too much IMO. I do think that we would have to be getting another pick back from St. Louis. Maybe their 3rd round pick.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
This can't be!!!! The All seeing Wizard Of Oz cant be this blind!!! DONT DO IT OZ!!!!

I said it in another thread, if Ozzie does this I'm the first to go on record for calling for his head!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-26-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

I just heard on ESPN that we're not moving up..thank god. Just take Brohm, Henne, or Flacco and develop him behind Boller and Smith.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

No trade, once again Coach Billick calling it right. Screw Schefter.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-26-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

yeah they just reported it on NFLN...thank goodness this isnt going to happen
Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

YES!!! I really anticipate a trade now that Matt Ryan is off the board.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote