Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-27-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

And obviously Ozzie liked him enough and gotten some inside info on Ray to take him with the 55th.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

I really want to get behind Flacco and Rice as the guys of this draft..but it's all leaving a sour taste in my mouth, because Flacco was just drafted WAY too high, and Rice didn't fill a need and just seemed to be a way to make an asst. coach happy..at least that's how I see it.

Here's what I'm wondering...why the hell didn't Dan Connor get drafted? Maybe I need to look into it, but he would have been a PERFECT pick, with RayRay/Scott's contract up in a year. OR..or, Patrick Lee from Auburn.

Sooo we're just gonna dive into 3rd round and see if we can get a corner? I dunno..seems like mid/late rd. corner's are harder to develop than DE/LBs.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I love the Ray Rice pick. There was no corner worthy of that pick, and after going quarterback in round 1, you could argue that running back was our next biggest need. Rice will be a really nice complement to McGahee, which is just what we need, and I'm really excited about him.

And look at what Cam Cameron had in San Diego and what he has now. He had his stud in LT, a great complement/insurance policy in Michael Turner, and his little spark plug/special teams guy in Darren Sproles. Now he comes to Baltimore and he has an almost indentical situation, with a bit less star power. His stud #1 with Willis, great complement in Ray Rice(presumably), and the small spark plug in Cory Ross.

Great pick.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewyRaven318 View Post
I really want to get behind Flacco and Rice as the guys of this draft..but it's all leaving a sour taste in my mouth, because Flacco was just drafted WAY too high, and Rice didn't fill a need and just seemed to be a way to make an asst. coach happy..at least that's how I see it.

Here's what I'm wondering...why the hell didn't Dan Connor get drafted? Maybe I need to look into it, but he would have been a PERFECT pick, with RayRay/Scott's contract up in a year. OR..or, Patrick Lee from Auburn.

Sooo we're just gonna dive into 3rd round and see if we can get a corner? I dunno..seems like mid/late rd. corner's are harder to develop than DE/LBs.
The only thing that has any merit of consideration is the fact that quite a few guys in multiple positions have fallen and we have some ammunition with Day 2 picks. Gotta make something happen in Round 3.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
gus82witten

Vince Redd OLB from Liberty is a steal!!! You cannot teach size and speed! He is from the same small town as Jason Witten (Cowboys 4time Pro Bowl TE)
Old 04-27-2008, 01:54 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

phillip wheeler and justin king foer the ravens in the 3rd...wat a terrible first day
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:13 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the Flacco pick, and Ray Rice is a good player, but a waste of a 2nd rounder. We have much bigger needs than a 2nd RB.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Yup QB was the entire problem for the Jets last year, nothing else. Get a clue.
And they still could have been looking at a QB, because it looks like Clemmens and Pennington are not the answer, get a clue.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...resgooden.html

Tavares Gooden, next great LB from the U and Baltimore.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:42 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
And they still could have been looking at a QB, because it looks like Clemmens and Pennington are not the answer, get a clue.

Once again I will help you since you don't get it. The Jets didn't pursue any FA QB's, since basically there weren't hardly any quality ones available. The only QB's that are still are on the board who consider any merit in any future starting plans are Colt and Andre and neither of them are guys who would go in and start. Hence the Jets rumor was a smoke screen and the Ravens got played.

Anyway, not overly excited about our 1st pick on Day 2 but hey you can't argue with a U guy given our past history with their players.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I like this pick, I am sure this guy is excited to play w/ Ray, is number at the U was 52, he is a hard worker and athletic, I think we will give him some time then he will be a good replacement for Ray.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if we dont pick justin king wit the 86th overall pick ill lose it
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yea I like this pick, I am sure this guy is excited to play w/ Ray, is number at the U was 52, he is a hard worker and athletic, I think we will give him some time then he will be a good replacement for Ray.
The only knock Mayock gave him was that he doesn't have good instincts. That could be a problem being an inside linebacker but hopefully its just a lack of preparation and is correctable.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-27-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

YES! hahaha finally a player i like...zbikowski! good pick...please let us get justin king or dre moore at #99...please god
Quote:
Old 04-27-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Zbikowski, what is the point in that pick? I dont get that one.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Troj2man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
YES! hahaha finally a player i like...zbikowski! good pick...please let us get justin king or dre moore at #99...please god
Justin King is intriguing. Although I still can't get over what James Hardy did to him this past season. He absolutely destroyed King.

One name to look out for is CB, Orlando Scandrick from Boise St. Has good size and great speed.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin King should have been drafted instead of Zbikowski.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

orlando scandrick will be very good, but king cna be something special if he is properly coached...mcalister could teach him the tricks of the trade.

and the point of the zbikowski is a) he will be a special teams ace no matter what happens b) hes a tough kid and he fits wat harbough is trying to do and c) i think hes a perfect compliment to Reed and will beat out landry at some point and start at S for us...
Quote:
Old 04-27-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Oneil Cusins, I wish we got King, but Oneil sounds like a good project.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

oniel cousins i will always hate him simply becuase justin king who will be a pro bowl CB went 2 picks later and we passed on him cause we are stupid as ****

there are no CB prospects left on the board who are any good...the only guys left who are worth anything are dre moore and orlando scandrick...jack ikegwuonu is there, but who knows when he will be able to play again...
Quote:
Old 04-27-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like our Day 2 with the exception of Cousins. It has really made up for our choices on day 1. Tavares Gooden is a great pick. Ray will take to him quickly . Zibokowski is a hard nosed player, will be great of ST, and provides a backup at S that we didn't really have. I love trading a 4th for Fabian Washington. Probably the best move made so far. Young 4th year player with the speed to go on an island, and starting experience. Marcus Smith is a little reach, but he's got potential to be a big redzone threat.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea knowing we got Washington made me feel a lot better. This draft is alright.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forgive me Ozzie I know not what I do...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Didn't I tell you that Ozzie was going to "fix" this? Gooden, Zibokowski, Cousins, Smith. AND Fabian Washington for only a 4th Rounder?! Great Job!
If you look at the threads, I made, didn't I call Marcus Smith & Tavares Gooden coming to Baltimore? :D

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

absolutely love the Washington trade..he can help us out alot and personally i think we have a very solid draft going. While some may have been slight reaches they all look like ravens type players, plus i have no reason to doubt ozzie

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote