Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-26-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
jaffe28
Rookie

jaffe28 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As a Broncos fan I hate your draft so far. The Chiefs are gonna be a pain to deal with in a couple of years with this influx of talent. Sheeeeeeesh...
jaffe28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
bspen4
Rookie

bspen4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Maybe we can get Andre Caldwell in the 3rd to be a speed threat for us in the slot. That is my ideal first 3rd round pick
bspen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Scenario for the 2nd Day:

3a. Mario Manningham or Lavelle Hawkins, WR
3b. Roy Schuening, OG
3c. Chris Ellis, DE
4. Tony Hills, RT
5a. Owen Schmitt, FB
5b. Steve Justice, C

IMO, all those guys could come in and start

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't know how the Chiefs draft could have been better. Honestly. Best defensive player in the draft, one of the best (and most potential) offensive lineman and one of the players from this year I REALLY liked, Flowers, who can start on our defense as a rookie. He has experience in the c2 and will be a very good corner for us.

I like your draft, ads, it would be perfect and we would have at least six starters on the roster this year.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
bspen4
Rookie

bspen4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd still like us to take a QB. Maybe Andre Woodson, Ryan O'Hara, Kevin O'Connell, Dennis Dixon, Colt Brennan, Bernard Morris, Josh Johnson or Paul Smith

Last edited by bspen4 : 04-26-2008 at 09:33 PM.
bspen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man I'm ready for tommorow NOW.I can't wait to see what will happen the rest of the way
Old 04-26-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
My Scenario for the 2nd Day:

3a. Mario Manningham or Lavelle Hawkins, WR
3b. Roy Schuening, OG
3c. Chris Ellis, DE
4. Tony Hills, RT
5a. Owen Schmitt, FB
5b. Steve Justice, C

IMO, all those guys could come in and start

I like this scenario. I do think though we will take a corner in round 3 as we are still thin there and Surtain is likely in his last year. I would love for Godfrey, Branch, or Reggie Smith to be picked in the round.

I love Manningham probably more than anyone on the board but I can understand if we don't take him. Caldwell and Doucet are both good blockers which is a key trait for our recievers.

I also think we need to get another lineman in round 3. Indy pissed me off when they took Pollock, but Cousins, Zutah, Collins, Reihnhart, or the like needs to fill out the rest of our line.

Herm said we were going to get players who can step in and play right away. Today we took guys from major programs who played multiple seasons as starters. I questioned the plan of the front office after the Allen trade but I do feel better now. The trade up for Albert was a great move given the ammo we had and ensuring that we got our guy. Man, I can't wait until tomorrow morning.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love Zuttah here in KC. Instant starter. Collins too, maybe.

And I think Manningham would be a very good fit for us.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We (Toon, myself, and Vidae) talked about this in IRC, but what about taking Jamaal Charles in the 3rd? He would be at worst a great complement to LJ and could develop into a great starter...It would give us some insurance and plus Charles is a great receiver out of the backfield

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
We (Toon, myself, and Vidae) talked about this in IRC, but what about taking Jamaal Charles in the 3rd? He would be at worst a great complement to LJ and could develop into a great starter...It would give us some insurance and plus Charles is a great receiver out of the backfield

I would not be opposed to taking a back, but with Kolby Smith already in the fold I would prefer we wait until round 4 or 5 to grab someone like Mike Hart or Justin Forsett. This is such a deep running back class that there will still be good value in the later rounds ecspecially since so many teams won't be taking backs. These guys aren't nearly as exciting as Charles, but we still need to find starters to fill some glaring holes and I don't think RB is a luxery we can afford to take this early.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Oh and if we want to go DE, the let's take Brian Johnston

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-26-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

Quote:
Oh and if we want to go DE, the let's take Brian Johnston

He could be our next Jared Allen. I imagine he will be around in round 5 or 6. He's a good sleeper guy. I also would keep Kendall Langford in the mix as he seemed to have a really good all-star season.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im jumping on the Chiefs bandwagon, adschofield already welcomed me too haha. I've been following the Chiefs some since the Priest days, and more last year when they drafted Dwayne Bowe, being a LSU fan. You've guys had a great draft so far, and it's only going to get better. It would be even more amazing if you guys can pull out something like Manningham/Doucet/Caldwell, Collins/Nicks/Cousins, and Avril/Ellis/Johnston, and still have picks to take BPA and some more olineman tommorow. I think you'll get more than 5 solid starters from this draft. Im pretty impressed thus far though.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

bobindallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Congrats to Peterson.

Wow. Don't think you can go wrong tomorrow.
bobindallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Branden Albert Q&A

Q: What does it feel like to be a member of the Chiefs?

ALBERT: 的知 ecstatic right now. I知 happy to playing for Coach Herm Edwards and coach (Bob) Bicknell, the offensive line coach. I got drafted with probably the best player in the draft, Glenn Dorsey. I知 happy about that. I知 happy about going to Kansas City and blocking for Larry Johnson. I知 happy to be playing for a team with a great tradition for offensive linemen. I知 just really happy right now.

Q: You played guard at Virginia, how well do you think you can do at tackle in the NFL?

ALBERT: 的値l be fine at left tackle. I知 a good athlete for my size and I値l be fine at left tackle.

Q: Why didn稚 you move to tackle when T D達rickashaw Ferguson left?

ALBERT: 徹ur coach wanted the five best linemen on the field. I did pretty well my freshman year at left guard and I missed spring football and that was the idea to move me out to tackle and having me change roles. But we had another redshirt freshman named Will Parker that was pretty good. So Coach kept both of us on the field with the other two seniors and had the best five linemen. It ended up working out this year.

Q: What was today like for you with all the first round trades?

ALBERT: 摘verybody had me as a top-10 pick and a lot had me going fifth to the Chiefs. But they made the Jared Allen trade so they got their defensive player, Glenn Dorsey, and I knew they were trying to get a tackle with their 17th pick. I知 thinking that Philadelphia wanted me bad and they might move up, but Kansas City wanted me more and traded back up to the 15th pick to get me. I知 very happy.

Q: Does that make you feel good to be a wanted guy?

ALBERT: 摘ven though I didn稚 go where I thought I was going, they traded up and that means they wanted me badly. I知 happy I was in demand like that.

Q: Is it true you didn稚 play football until your junior year of high school?

ALBERT: 添ep, I didn稚 start playing football until my junior year. I was always a basketball player. I grew up in New York and when I moved to Maryland with my brother. I was pushed to football because that痴 where they thought my talent would be. It ended up working out for the best.

Q: Can you talk about your relationship with Kansas State head coach and former Virginia Assistant Coach Ron Prince?

ALBERT: 鼎oach Prince helped mold me into the player I am today. He helped put that mentality of being a killer [in me] and when I pull to crush people and be a technician. And Coach Groh used to go over that after, but Coach Prince helped that mold and he laid the ground work with me. I remember when he left [Virginia] he said, 塑ou池e going to be an NFL player, son. He always believed in me even though he was hard on me. I always respected him as a coach.

Q: How do you feel about being a cornerstone of the Chiefs rebuilt offensive line?

ALBERT: 的 was a captain at the University of Virginia and I was the head of my offensive line at Virginia. It痴 a bigger step and a bigger level, but I致e just got to step my game up. Being that cornerstone of that offensive line will elevate my game and puts pressure on me to be a better player. I won稚 crack until pressure.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-27-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

Good read. I'm glad to see our first two picks both seemed excited to be Chiefs. I love the fact that we have two guys that appear to love football. Drafts have been much more fun since Herm came on board. I'm actually excited about the future of the club now.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Brandon Flowers Interview...He seems like a very intelligent young man

Q: What does it feel like to be a member of the Chiefs?

FLOWERS: 的t feels great. I致e got an opportunity that I致e been waiting for for a long time. They致e got a guy I致e been looking up to for a long time, Patrick Surtain. It痴 definitely a great feeling.

Q: How much has all of your film study helped you as a player?

FLOWERS: 的t helps you a lot. You feel like you池e two steps ahead of everybody else. It seems like the game slows down so much more. You池e playing more anticipation football than reaction football.

Q: About the opportunity to play right away with the Chiefs

FLOWERS: 的 love it. They池e putting a big test on me. I want to show them that I知 ready to come in right away and play. They wouldn稚 have drafted me if they didn稚 think I could play. So they are definitely counting on me and I知 just going to do my part, what I致e been doing all my life, making plays. I致e been looking forward to this opportunity and I won稚 let it slip away.

Q: On playing for a coach that played cornerback

FLOWERS: 的t痴 going to be a better part of my game. If the head coach has done the things of a cornerback and can help you out, that痴 a big plus. That痴 something I知 definitely looking forward to. I know he had a great rookie year with like eight interceptions. I知 forward looking to trying to do the same thing with his coaching and also Coach David Gibbs.

Q: Did the Chiefs challenge you in your interview?

FLOWERS: 典o be honest, when they put stuff on the board, I like it. It痴 kind of simple to me. I love football. I love studying football and I love learning new things about football. When they start going over the coverages and stuff, it was a lot of the stuff I did in college but with different terminology. Once I figure out the terminology I plan on having a smooth transition and I値l be fine.

Q: Can you talk about how playing at a major program like Virginia Tech prepared you for the NFL?

FLOWERS: 撤laying at Virginia Tech we played against some of the best talent in the ACC and the SEC in playing LSU this year. Playing against top players definitely makes your game better. Playing for Coach Frank Beamer he doesn稚 just help you on the field, he prepares you for life by being responsible and being a professional wherever you go. I知 looking forward to taking that with me to Kansas City.

Q: Can you talk about the quick decision to turn pro after your junior season?

FLOWERS: 典o be honest, after my sophomore year I kind of knew the game was very slow to me. I just knew coming into my junior year that if I had a nice year that I planned on having and after talking to my defensive backs and we decided that I知 ready for the NFL. I had another year like I played and I was ready to make that jump.

Q: How did you pile up 18 tackles for loss as a cornerback?

FLOWERS: 展hen I blitz I love to make plays. I知 the type of corner that loves to get physical. If I知 on the line with no receivers and just playing the tight end, I love to play off the tight end blocking and go hit a running back in the mouth and make a play.

Q: The Cover Two scheme relies on corners making plays against the run, do you embrace that role?

FLOWERS: 典o me if they say corners are just to cover, I don稚 believe in that. Corners are there to make plays. If they run the ball, make a play on the running back. If they throw the ball, make a play on the ball. I just think I知 a playmaker. Run or pass I just have to make a play for my team.

Q: Any corners you pattern your game after?

FLOWERS: 典o be honest I don稚 try to pattern my game, but just got a technique from corners. I have my own original style. I do try to study how they read a three-step (drop). I don稚 just pattern myself after one corner. All of the great cornerbacks have something that another corner doesn稚 have. I try to take a little piece of every cornerback and put it in my game to make myself a more complete corner.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-27-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Glenn Dorsey Interview

Q: How are you doing today?

DORSEY: 的 am doing real well. This is the best I have ever felt. I am excited to have to opportunity.

Q: Were you surprised you fell to the Chiefs?

DORSEY: 的 don稚 look at as I fell to the Chiefs. Each team had what they wanted to do and I didn稚 come in with any expectations. What picked me I was going to be excited.

Q: What do you bring to the Chiefs?

DORSEY: 的 bring relentless effort is first and foremost. I feel like I will come out and give my all no matter what. I am a guy who come in and work hard. I am going to try and go out to earn the respect of my teammates and coaches. I am guy who is going to bring my personality to it. I like to get involved with the fans. I heard the fans are amazing. I am just looking forward to the opportunity.

Q: Are you going to get to the quarterback?

DORSEY: 徹f course. A lot of that.

Q: Have you talked to (WR) Dwayne Bowe?

DORSEY: 哲o not yet. I am going to call him in a little while.

Q: How will attacking the quarterback more make a difference in your game?

DORSEY: 的t will make it a lot different. At LSU we did a lot of two-gap gap and a little freedom. When you play this it allows you to make more plays. It allows you to be more athletic in what you doing? I am really looking forward to that opportunity.

Q: What did coach (Herm) Edwards say to you on the phone?

DORSEY: 滴e asked me, how I was doing and told me I had a great college career. He asked how I would like to be a Kansas City Chief. I said, 的 would love to be a Kansas City Chief.

Q: What did it mean when coach Edwards came down to your workout?

DORSEY: 的t meant a lot. I got a good vibe from him and he gave me some great advice. Even when I came up to visit he talked to me a long time and talked to me about the whole business part of it, what people expect from me. I feel like we had a great connection.

Q: What you feel about a team drafting so many players?

DORSEY: 的 feel like that is great. All of that draft stuff is fine, but that ends right away. I look at it as a positive. I am going into a great system where I can play immediately. I know veterans are guaranteed so many spots and I know that just because I am high draft pick does not mean that I will play. I have to work for it and I am looking forward to that.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 04-27-2008, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Best Chiefs draft EVER!!!

3. Rob Schuening
3. Manningham/Bennett/Doucet i don't really care
3. Chris Ellis
4. Chevis Jackson
4. Andre Woodson
5. Korey Lightensteiger
6. Owen Schmitt
6. Dejuan Tribble (could be a good nickelback oneday and can help in the return game)
7. dont matter
7. dont matter
Old 04-27-2008, 01:53 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/04..._this_was_big/

Quote:
And without even playing a game, he’s had an impact on the team’s defense. Tamba Hali is going to move from left end to right end, to replace Jared Allen. Alfonso Boone will move outside form tackle to left end. Dorsey moves into the tackle spot with Tank Tyler and Ron Edwards.
Interesting.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:03 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC View Post
Im jumping on the Chiefs bandwagon, adschofield already welcomed me too haha. I've been following the Chiefs some since the Priest days, and more last year when they drafted Dwayne Bowe, being a LSU fan. You've guys had a great draft so far, and it's only going to get better. It would be even more amazing if you guys can pull out something like Manningham/Doucet/Caldwell, Collins/Nicks/Cousins, and Avril/Ellis/Johnston, and still have picks to take BPA and some more olineman tommorow. I think you'll get more than 5 solid starters from this draft. Im pretty impressed thus far though.
Welcome! ;)

Old 04-27-2008, 07:19 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my possible KC 3rd round

3a. Early Doucet or Earl Bennett
3b. Charles Godfrey
3c. Anthony Collins
Old 04-27-2008, 08:39 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow.......
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan Connor is still available, can he play MLB? I think there's still a top tier guard available too...
Old 04-27-2008, 09:43 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

Quote:

Wow..Was Peterson in the room with you guys? :)