Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 05-01-2008, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I'm all for Laurinitis. Kiper said that he was the first or second overall guy. So, if he falls to like 10-15(realistically where KC will be at) that'd be amazing.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Long time no post how have you guys been I don't have internet right now that is why I have not been on much.:(

As for the draft I give the Chiefs an 8 out of 10 grade our first four picks on paper were great IMO. With our first two picks I wanted Long,Albert or Dorsey,Albert so I'm pretty happy and throw in the fact we got our #2 CB in round two great day of work for the Chiefs.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:55 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Splat, how ya been? :)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Yea, I'm all for Laurinitis. Kiper said that he was the first or second overall guy. So, if he falls to like 10-15(realistically where KC will be at) that'd be amazing.
Are you serious? We are not a 10-15 team...we're a 1-10 team

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, realistically we will have another top ten pick. I'm a realist, so that's what I'm looking at.

The good thing, however, is that if we have a few more quality drafts like this one we won't be cellar dwellers very long. :)

Old 05-02-2008, 08:32 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Are you serious? We are not a 10-15 team...we're a 1-10 team
Yeah, with the lack of talent the team had before the draft and adding a seriously large amount of young talent after the draft it would take a lot of things falling into place to be drafting outside of the top ten. The young players on paper look like they will be good, but a lot of rookies will be playing which more times then not equates to losses, not victories.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, sorry guys' for that homerism.....I think at best we're looking at an 8-8 season(which would put us outside the top ten) but realistically 6-10
Old 05-02-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Yea, sorry guys' for that homerism.....I think at best we're looking at an 8-8 season(which would put us outside the top ten) but realistically 6-10

Nothing to apologize about. One of the greatest things about the NFL is that during this time of the year it seems like if everything falls right every team has a chance. It's not like baseball where if you are a fan of the Pirates you know your screwed going in. I am hoping though that we get started in the right direction this year and get at least 6 wins.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
Nothing to apologize about. One of the greatest things about the NFL is that during this time of the year it seems like if everything falls right every team has a chance. It's not like baseball where if you are a fan of the Pirates you know your screwed going in. I am hoping though that we get started in the right direction this year and get at least 6 wins.

I think it'd be awesome to pull off an upset against the Pats in week 1...that'd almost make the entire season for me(and ensure Herm and Co has a job in 2010)....Pirates? you mean the Cubs right? What does a sterile bear and the world series have in common.....they will both never produce cubbies. :)
Old 05-02-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

lol I've been a Cubs fan since I was 7. That was mean! :(

And I really do like the direction we're going. We're keeping the team young. We brought in a proven offensive coordinator and his staff. We're changing things around and shaking things up but it looks like it's for the better.

Now, if it seemed like we were still going downhill, it'd be easy to be upset, but right now it's very easy to be optimistic, and that's why no matter what happens this season it will be easier to stomach. :)

Old 05-04-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard you guys picked up Derrick Lokey from UT as an UDFA also, talk about another steal...Some of you may not know much about the guy, but he is a stud and a very hard worker who is super athletic, keep your eye out for him and seeing his name pop up, I expect him to be a significant contributor at some point.

The Chiefs really did an excellent job bringing in young talent, cant complain about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

There were a lot of reasons to complain last year but nothing so far! Going to be an exciting year, can't wait. :)

Old 05-10-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

I wonder if any of our rookies will be so good to get into the pro bowl....unlikely
Old 05-10-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I could see Dorsey making it maybe. It depends on how our D plays.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I could see Dorsey making it maybe. It depends on how our D plays.

Really? I am surprised how it takes so long for a DT to get adjusted to the NFL Life, I don't know why, because in essence all they are doing is trying to push the guard/center backwards to flush the qb out of the pocket....not trying to demean a guys' job who will make more on one sunday than I will in ten years. I've just noticed that pattern, I thought Tank Tyler was going to blow people up last year...granted Dorsey's a way better prospect but he still should take some time to get adjusted.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wonder if any of our rookies will be so good to get into the pro bowl....unlikely
I think the only shot of that going down is if one of them is our KR/PR and has a big year.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I think the only shot of that going down is if one of them is our KR/PR and has a big year.
I think if Dorsey just flat dominates and has 6-8 sacks at the DT posistion he could at least be a serious consideration
Old 05-12-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I think that would be asking alot from a rookie in his first year but would love to see it.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I think that would be asking alot from a rookie in his first year but would love to see it.
true but some rookies adjust to the NFL faster then others.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really? I am surprised how it takes so long for a DT to get adjusted to the NFL Life, I don't know why, because in essence all they are doing is trying to push the guard/center backwards to flush the qb out of the pocket....not trying to demean a guys' job who will make more on one sunday than I will in ten years. I've just noticed that pattern, I thought Tank Tyler was going to blow people up last year...granted Dorsey's a way better prospect but he still should take some time to get adjusted.
There's more to it then just pushing the offensive lineman backwards. There is technique, first step quickness, hand placement. They have to read where the offensive linemen are going, if this guy is pulling is there another guy coming to trap you? How do you deal with a cut block coming from the side? There are all these questions and then there is the matter of finding the ball carrier, it's not easy. Then you have to do it at the NFL level? Say what you want, but the real "skill" position players are in the trenches.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How would have you drafted in the 3rd round

I am only posting in KC team forum until the Chiefs win a regular season game.

I feel KC went best player on there baord the 3 picks no matter what.

I think Morgan will compete, Jamal will help returns make help in the pass game out the backfield, Cottam will develop into a very good blocking tight end.

1. Dan Connor
2. Early Doucet
3. Jeremy Zuttah

LES GET THIS TEAM THREAD POPPING!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We prefer a nice, quiet forum and you sir are upsetting that peacefulness with your "Popping" of the Team Forum.

But in all seriousness, my 3rd round would probably shape out like this:

1.Jamaal Charles
2.Brad Cottam
3.DaJuan Morgan

Now at this point, you may think that I am either copying off the actual draft or am Carl Peterson himself. In hopes of not getting rep raped, I'll go with the former

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you are seriously a god!
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

but i would have liked to seen the Chiefs draft another linemen in that round. Plenty of them on the board!
Quote:
Old 05-29-2008, 12:47 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I would have thought WR as well, but Franklin in the 4th was a sweet pick!
Quote: