Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 04-27-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
What the heck? The Raiders traded up to draft a CB!!! Hall, Asomugha, Routt, Bowie, Washington, and now Tyvon. Not a DL, not an OL--but a CB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
so far this draft sucks.Our biggest needs coming into this offseason were LT,NT,and RDE.And we havent done anything so far to make those positions better.They've actually managed to get worse.
Pretty much sums up my feelings right here. McFadden should be exciting to watch but the rest of the picks make no sense at all.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
raidersfanxxx
Rookie

raidersfanxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

darren mcfadden will be the only one that makes this roster. awful day 2 draft thus far.

sig by Eaglez.Fan
raidersfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
so far this draft sucks.Our biggest needs coming into this offseason were LT,NT,and RDE.And we havent done anything so far to make those positions better.They've actually managed to get worse.
I do not see how the Raiders managed to get worse. They traded Fabian Washington away, ok. But he doesn't effect the LT, the NT or RDE spots.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if Tyvon will be a returner for us...

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arman Shields is just the type of receiver we need. Someone who can work the middle of the field and great for YAC. I believe he compliments our other receivers fairly well.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe we actually picked two WR's, that's just ridiculous. I doubt either one gets on the field.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I do not see how the Raiders managed to get worse. They traded Fabian Washington away, ok. But he doesn't effect the LT, the NT or RDE spots.
I wasnt talking about the team as a whole.
Barry Sims>Kwame harris. LT spot got worse than last year.
Chris Clemons>Kalimba Edwards. RDE isnt as good as it was last year.Although i have heard good things about Scott.
NT is actually probably as bad last year as it can be this year.Terdell could play well but I wouldnt count on him to.Joseph will probably just end up on the IR.We didnt do anything to upgrade this position and will regret it unless of course Terdell can prove hes worth the money.

Last edited by doingthisinsteadofwork : 04-27-2008 at 05:20 PM.
doingthisinsteadofwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I wasnt talking about the team as a whole.
Barry Sims>Kwame harris. LT spot got worse than last year.
Chris Clemons>Kalimba Edwards. RDE isnt as good as it was last year.Although i have heard good things about Scott.
NT is actually probably as bad last year as it can be this year.Terdell could play well but I wouldnt count on him to.Joseph will probably just end up on the IR.We didnt do anything to upgrade this position and will regret it unless of course Terdell can prove hes worth the money.
Oh, got it. In those spots, I would agree. But we upgraded S with Gibril. We upgraded CB quite a bit with Hall and I don't see how

I wouldn't write-off Sands at NT though. He absolutely sucked there last year, but he was actually so good in 2006 that he was considered among the top 2 or 3 DTs available in FA. (Scout.com had him #1) Remember that he really was quite good in 2006. The league is all about "what have you done for me lately" so it's understandable to want to throw Sands to the curb after 2007, but so far he's batting .500 with one good year and one bad year. Let's see which one was a fluke.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I loved the Gibril signing.The hall trade not so much. I felt that our problem wasnt with Fabs it was that we werent getting enough pressure on the QB. I still feel we could have put that 2nd rounder to better use.

Your right on Sands.He could play very well this year.I saw somewhere that some of his family members had died last season.That certainly didnt help him.I was hoping wed go NT somewhere in the draft just in case he didnt play well though.We might as well try and get someone better than Shaw though because Joseph is probably gonna end up on the IR.

That Mario Henderson trade is looking more and more awful though.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
D4rk 0ne
Veteran

D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Hmm... I didn't know much about Schilens so I did a bit of research and he looks like the kind of guy worth taking with a 7th rounder... 6'4, 220-ish, 4.3 40... Great measurables, although he needs to develop a lot before he can be a solid WR. He has a lot of potential though. I like Shields as I already said, and Scott and Branch both seem like they could pay off down the road.

Maybe if you guys would give our picks a chance before writing them off, you would see that this wasn't a bad draft. We got some good value and even if we didn't fill some of our big needs, we got several guys who could fight for playing time and maybe even develop into legitimate starters in a few years.

Scott and Schilens could end up being steals if they are properly developed and trained. Shields and Branch both have the tools and experience needed to contribute relatively early. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sheilds in 4-WR sets this season (and maybe returning kicks as well) and Branch in dime or even nickel situations. I don't think I need to talk about McFadden...

Last edited by D4rk 0ne : 04-27-2008 at 06:03 PM.
D4rk 0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations on Trevor Scott.

Great Player, can't wait to see a UB Alum in the pros

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm

Yah I question the fact that we didn't go DT on a couple picks later in the draft, but I like the players we did go for. The WR's all look fast and dangerous and were in offenses where they produced. Branch has a lot of experience and has all the physical ability in the world to grab a starting spot if Nnamdi leaves us after this year, and I think Scott could be a decent speed rusher on passing downs.

Considering we had no 2nd or 3rd rd picks I don't mind our draft. The only problem I have with it is the lack of DL help. Everyone has OL as one of our needs but it seems pretty apparent that the coaching staff feels comfortable with who we have already.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:07 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I loved the Gibril signing.The hall trade not so much. I felt that our problem wasnt with Fabs it was that we werent getting enough pressure on the QB. I still feel we could have put that 2nd rounder to better use.

Your right on Sands.He could play very well this year.I saw somewhere that some of his family members had died last season.That certainly didnt help him.I was hoping wed go NT somewhere in the draft just in case he didnt play well though.We might as well try and get someone better than Shaw though because Joseph is probably gonna end up on the IR.

That Mario Henderson trade is looking more and more awful though.
Don't get me wrong, I definitely was hoping for a NT too. And a LT. And maybe even a C. (this year was REALLY bad for centers though) My idea with those positions is to be like ESPN--throw enough up against the wall and hope something sticks. Sure, Sands could work out, but I'd rather hedge my bets. Same with Harris/Henderson. Sure, one of them could work out at LT. I could also win the lottery, but in the meantime, I'm going to be diligent in college and plan for the worst (having to get a job and work for the rest of my life). In the same way, I feel that the Raiders should have addressed LT somehow in some way.

Obviously they feel differently... I just hope they are right. Because I'm tired of 4 win seasons. And 5 or 6 wins isn't enough for me next year either.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:41 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Quote:
Obviously they feel differently... I just hope they are right. Because I'm tired of 4 win seasons. And 5 or 6 wins isn't enough for me next year either.
Sadly it isnt enough for Kiffin to stay either.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I definitely was hoping for a NT too. And a LT. And maybe even a C. (this year was REALLY bad for centers though) My idea with those positions is to be like ESPN--throw enough up against the wall and hope something sticks. Sure, Sands could work out, but I'd rather hedge my bets. Same with Harris/Henderson. Sure, one of them could work out at LT. I could also win the lottery, but in the meantime, I'm going to be diligent in college and plan for the worst (having to get a job and work for the rest of my life). In the same way, I feel that the Raiders should have addressed LT somehow in some way.

Didn't we sign Wade from the Bucs? Other than that, I would have liked a NT and a LT as well.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Track stars from top to bottom. Al Davis just can't die soon enough.

Terrible draft, from McFadden all the way down.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
(this year was REALLY bad for centers though)
Indi drafted 3 of them. Maybe they'll send us one.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Track stars from top to bottom. Al Davis just can't die soon enough.

Terrible draft, from McFadden all the way down.
you my friend are a ******

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:27 AM    (permalink
D4rk 0ne
Veteran

D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Thought I'd bump this up for justice... A lot has changed in a year. I think most of these guys are looking like solid picks which is nice.

Scott has tons of potential and has looked really solid in his [limited] opportunities.

Same goes for Branch; I hope we get to see him more this season.

Schilens is definitely working out for us. I'm excited to see him getting significant PT this season.

Shields was a bit of a let-down with the injury, but I'm interested to see if he can turn some heads in TC and such. He definitely has the tools to become a legit threat in our passing game.

It's funny to see how negative most of us were after last year's draft. People expecting none of our second day picks to even make the team . . . and look, they're all here, and for the most part looking pretty good.

Just thought it would be interesting to put it into perspective. Sorry if bumping up this thread is breaking the rules; it wasn't my intention to do anything wrong here. I figured it could be interesting to look back at last year's draft, which fans were not too happy with, and see how it is beginning to work out. Maybe this year's draft will turn out alright... For now, we can only hope so.