Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1(1). Jake Long OT Michigan- We badly needed a tackle. We only had Vernon Varey on the roster and he's a better fit at RT. Is Jake Long going to be a Joe Thomas? Probably not, but he's a damn good player and a great guy to build the offense around. Don't like the deal he got but he was great pick with need and value.
A-

2(32). Phillip Merling DE Clemson- At first I was a bit HUH with this pick as I didn't see it happening at all. After realizing it though I really like it. Merling is a great fit as a 5 technique, I absolutely love him as a player. We badly needed a 3-4 DE, right now we have Vonnie Holliday and a bunch of question marks, neither looking good for the future. Great value for Merling, great fit for the team and filled a need. Doesn't get much better.
A

2(57). Chad Henne QB Michigan- I thought for sure we were going to take him at 32, getting him at 57 was great. He was the guy we wanted at QB all along and we got him late in the 2nd. I don't think Henne will be a superstar but I do think he will be a good starting QB. Solid pick, tons of experience and should fight for PT right away.
B

3(66). Kendell Langford DE Hampton- LOVED this pick. Langford has amazing physical potential and is a great fit as a 3-4 DE. Might have been a bit early but we really didn't have a choice not having another pick for a while. Won't see the field right away most likely but should definitely contribute. Getting likely 2 starting DEs for the 3-4 in one draft is great.
A

4(110). Shawn Murphy OG Utah State- A bit of a huh pick especially since we traded up for him. Would have rather had some other guys that were on the board but I really don't know much about this guy so who knows. We badly needed a OG and he seems like a Parcells guy. Has a cool dad!
C+

6(176). Jalen Parmele RB Toledo- Big, fast and productive. Much better fit for what we are looking for than Booker. Nice pick up in the 6th.
B

6(195). Donald Thomas OG Connecticut- Another good pick late. Needed bodies inside and Thomas has some potential. Has skinny legs but a big upper body. Nice pick in the 6th.
B

6(204). Lex Hilliard RB/FB Montana- Didn't really like this pick, too small for a FB, too slow for a RB. Maybe he takes Mauia's spot who really didn't play that well last year, who knows.
D

7(245). Lionel Dotson DT Arizona- 7th rounder, more depth on the DL, Dotson had a good senior season and has some potential. Not a bad pick.
C

Overall- Really love what we did on a whole, Parcells type draft all the way. 3 OL, 3 DL. We filled a lot of needs, finally got our LT, picked up a QB, got good value at most of our picks. Long and one of the guards should start, Henne will compete and Merling and Langford should see the field and I think Merling will probably start some time during the season, should be our starting DEs for a long time. Great building blocks for the future. Not moving Taylor was probably a mistake, he's a great player but isn't going to help the future of the team like a Quentin Groves could have.
A-

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Chicago Bears

1st round- Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt

-I preferred Otah, mostly because I like big mauling offensive lineman, but left tackles get paid to protect the quarterback and Williams is very good at that. He's got great size, good feet, and good hands. Plus, he's a really smart kid, and that gets huge points in my book. Biggest need with probably the best player to fit that need. Grade= A

2nd round- Matt Forte, RB, Tulane

-The whole question was whether the Bears would draft a replacement for Benson or a compliment for Benson. I think we've got that answer. Forte was arguably the best 2-down back available at 44 (him or Rice), and has an overall good package. Tough guy, good hands, great character. It wouldn't suprise me to see Benson not even on the team next year, though that would take some development on Garrett Wolfe's part as well. Grade= B+

3rd round- Earl Bennett, WR, Vanderbilt

-At this point it seemed pretty clear we would go WR, be it Bennett or Doucet. Bennett has a little better speed and is probably the more likely to develop into a starter. With our WR position in such flux he could start right away if he has a nice summer. Probably will never be a #1, but could be a longterm starter. Grade= B+

3rd Round- Marcus Harrison, DT, Arkansas

-What is there to say about Harrison? Great run stuffer, tremendous talent, serious character concerns. Lots of NFL players do drugs, so this isn't a grand revelation, but the added health concerns dropped him. That said, as a late 3rd rounder? That's lower than many were projecting him. Hopefully he's not another Tank Johnson, but even still it's a lower pick. Grade= B

4th Round- Craig Steltz, S, Lousiana State

-I like Steltz. He's not a gym shorts type, but he played at a really high level for one of the best teams in the country the last two years. We've got a lot of openings in our safety position so he could compete to be what Adam Arcuhleta was supposed to be. Worst case scenario he should be a really good special teams guy. Grade= B

5th Round- Zack Bowman, Defensive Back, Nebraska

-I'm waiting to hear what the full plan is for Bowman, as I've heard they are projecting him as a free safety. Could have been a 1st rounder based on talent, but that was a long time ago. As it is, the 4th or 5th round was about where most people expected Bowman to go, so this works fine for me. Could also serve as a return man should we decide to phase Hester out. Grade= B

5th Round- Kellen Davis, Tight End, Michigan State

-Nice athlete, good value, questionable need. We already have one of the best tight end combos in football. Could Davis play more of a H-back role? Maybe split out? Hell, he could be a defensive end prospect. There's a lot to like about Kellen Davis as a draft prospect. Kiper had him ranked 61st overall. I'm just not sure why we picked him. Would have preferred Josh Johnson, although it's questionable if Johnson could throw in Chicago winters. Grade= C

After that we had four 4th rounders that I don't really feel like typing out. Overall I give us a B+/A- and think our draft is realy falling under the radar. We found good value's up and down the board and filled our biggest needs.
Craig Steltz is a quality player :D

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
GIANTS

1. Kenny Phillips- Falls into our laps we scoop him up. Giants lost Gibril to the Raiders, we pick up a safety probably better than Gibril even now. Although i think his skills make him more fit to be a SS, I think he starts FS from day one and does an above average job. A/A+

2. Terrell Thomas- A good fit for our scheme, he can blitz well, tackles decently, has nice long arms and height. Good for at least a nickel or dime.B-/B

3. SUPER Mario Manningham- we are apparently really high on the guy. Has some character issues but we have a great locker room and staff to support him. Gets great seperation, decent hands, runs good routes, great after the catch. Probably going to be a reserve if Plax or Toomer get hurt. B+

4. Bryan Kehl- could play SLB or WLB in our system, at worst will be a very good special teamer. B/B-

5. Jonathan Goff- brought in to eventually replace Antonio Pierce i presume, he is intelligent and constantly improving upon every year, close to 100 tackles two years in a row, is a pretty good blitzer.B/B-

6a. Andre Woodson- very very good value here, he has his faults but overall he could develop into a very good backup and maybe a starter years from now.B

6b. Robert Henderson- a dominant pass rusher, probably ideal for our ace package of 4 DEs on 3rd and long. Maybe a diamond in the rough?C+

Overall id give us a solid B/B+

Ill give my take
1. Kenny Phillips- I am excited about Phillips because he is a guy who can come in day 1 and probably start for us. He comes from a great program which has produced some stars at his position and side of the ball. Phillips has a lot potential and i think the giants have the guys in place already to keep him in line, focus wise. A-/A

2. Terrell Thomas- Thomas has some injury concerns, but fits our defensive system really well. If he stays healthy, he could be a big contributor for us. B-/B

3. Mario Manningham- Manningham does not have the ideal size and measurables you look for, but his college production is undeniable. Toomer is a michigan alum and will teach this guy everything he knows, making him very valuable and assuming his minor character flaws stay hidden, this could be a total steal. B+

4. Bryan Kehl- We traded up to get Kehl. He is one of Mayock's sleepers in this draft and may not have great upside but is a solid football player and will provide good depth for us. B-

5. Jonathan Goff- This is the pick I am actually most excited about. I loved Goff from the moment i watched him at the senior bowl. He is a leader and a strong tackler and hopefully will learn from Pierce to take over eventually at MLB and this was tremendous value. B+

6. Andre Woodson- Its good value here. We now have 5 QBs on our roster , but at one point was considered one of the best Qbs in this draft. Hopefully he will be bred and groomed in our system to be a solid backup for Eli. C+

6. Robert Henderson- I did not know anything about him when we picked him. But he will obvs be used as a backup, reserve DE and special teamer probably. The Giants have a nack at grabbing pass rushers late in the draft or at least in later rounds a la Justin Tuck, Osi was a 2nd rounder, etc. C+

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^ Pretty similar to my grades :) , i like the way you think

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy crap I just realized how incredible the Chiefs draft was. I'm lower on Dorsey and Albert than others but that's still a heck of a class.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overall Grade= B-

Leodis McKelvin: C+

Not a big fan of McKelvin, but that's just me. Would of preferred DRC

James Hardy: A+

Equates to everything we could of needed and imagined. Will most definitely be an immediate weapon in the red zone. A true dream come true

Chris Ellis: C+

C+ with Cliff Avril on the board. Always saw him as more of a fit in the 3-4 as an OLB. Some character flags

Reggie Corner: A+

Nice sleeper corner. Great cover-2 fit. Great MAC talent

Derek Fine: B

Best TE available. Can't blame the Bills here.

Alvin Bowen: B

A little undersized, but a great tackler, could be Coy Wire Parte Deux, seeing time at OLB and SS

Xavier Omon: C

Great Player, but why a RB, when we are like 5 deep already?

Demetrius Bell: A+

Bastard son of Karl Malone a project at OT, should be a great backup and eventual starter

Steve Johnson: B

Good WR depth

Kennard Cox: B-

Don't know too much of him so he gets an average grade

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

I give the Lions an A for effort. They had self restraint and didn't take a WR until the 5th Round. Nice Job Matt! [applause]

The way I see it, Matt Millen is like a alcoholic, he in the final stages of rehab, and sure he still drafted a WR but if you send an alcoholic to a bar what to you expect?

Last edited by eaglesfan_45 : 04-28-2008 at 12:07 AM.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

i like what the bills did and think they've put some distance between themselves and the jets/dolphins in that division. McKelvin will start opposite McGee giving them a nice tandem, moving greer to NB. Hardy will be a perfect fit opposite Evans and Edwards suddenly has a big go to guy in the redzone. Ellis will get into the DE rotation quickly and theother guys will be good depth/STers.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:01 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I like Woodson but there are some real questions if he could play in a WCO (though who knows what Turner runs at this point).

I'm hopeful we'll add Paul Smith as an UDFA. We talked to him a fair bit I know that.

I agree with Toonster though, past the 2nd/3rd round we likely wouldn't have found a whole lot anyway. If Orton/Grossman fail this year we'll likely have to go QB in the 1st or trade for a guy like Brady Quinn.

That's the reason why I like the Bears draft, if they do have to take a QB in round 1 next year, he will be coming into a really good situation, with two good backs, a great LT and some pass protection, and a good defense...Now your not asking a guy to get thrown into the fire with no protection or weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:00 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers:

1(27): Antoine Cason
Love the pick for the bolts. Right tackle was their greatest need but their was not a RT available that was worth the #27 pick. Cason was the best corner on the board and is an upgrade over Florence in my opinion. B+

3(69): Jacob Hester
Terrible pick in my opinion. First Hester is a reach here and fullback is not even a great need for us having Pinnock. Second we gave up our 5th round pick and our 2009 2nd round pick! I didnt even think Hester was worth a 5th round pick. F

5(66) Marcus Thomas
Average pick. Running Back was an obvious need. I dont think he will take Sproles's backup position but he will be great for depth. C

6(192) Dejuan Tribble
Awesome Pick! Favorite pick in the draft for the Bolts. Even though we drafted Cason in the first round you can never have to many corners in my mind. Tribble was the best available player and should have gone as early as the 4th round. Great pick by AJ. A

7(234) Corey Clark
Offensive Line was a need he will address depth and give the started good competition on the practice squad atleast. C

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers grade = B+

The first 2 picks desrve an A+, i like Davis and Hills, and Humpal and Mundy give good depth. I think B+ is abit right! :)
Old 04-28-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Kenny Phillps, S, Miami - B+
A good value who fills a big need and fits our scheme, should start from day one.

Tyrrell Thomas, CB, USC - B-
Another guy who fits our scheme and fills a big need. I would've perfered Justin King because he has the top end speed to keep with receivers ross can't, but Thomas is a Ross clone and should have a good impact on our team.

Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan - C-
I hate Manningham as a prospect and am sure he'll bust, but at the end of the third he's not quite as terrible of a pick, but he's soft, dumb, drops a lot of passes and only has one good route, the fly.

Bryan Kehl, LB, BYU - B+
A hardworking, athletic LB who will give us a good backup at the WILL and push Wilk to step up.

Jonathon Goff, MLB, Vandy - A
Like this one a lot as he's an AP clone, hard hitting thumper at the Mike who's a solid athlete but excells on his instincts and hard work.

Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky - B
Was once considered the top QB in this draft, if we can speed up his deliver he could develop into a very good back up and tradeable commodity.

Robert Henderson, DE, Southern Miss - B
As a sixth rounder he has the potential be a significant contributed with his size and quickness off the edge, very raw but no one's asking him to beat out Strahan, Osi and Tuck as a rook.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlanta Falcons

3. Matt Ryan (A)

High character, smart, pocket quaterback who will be the face of the franchise for many years to come. May not be the most athletic in terms of arm strength and speed but has the intangibles you look for in a franchise quaterback. Fills our biggest need.

21. Sam Baker (A-)

We have no one on the roster who can play LT and this guy was an all american when at USC. Although many people thought we did not need to trade up for him I am sure he would not be on the board at 34. With the run on OT early in the first round Baker would have landed either in Pittsburgh at 23, Houston at 26 or Green Bay at 30. It was a nice move by the front office to get a player who will start from day one and will protect our investment in Matt Ryan.

37. Curtis Lofton (A)

When looking at the Falcons defence I get the feeling that any running back in the league has the potential to run them into the ground. Lofton will be able to change that. A classic thumper in the middle who will be a leader of the defence and allows Keith Brooking to be moved back to WLB. Another good high character player.

68. Chevis Jackson (B-)

Played for the national champions and underdstands how to play his position. However his 4.60 forty time scares me. Looks to me that he is more suited for a cover 2 scheme. Although he does not fit our defence has the chance to start opposite Chris Houston as a rookie. I would have prefered to see us select Antwuan Molden with this pick.

84. Harry Douglas (D)

Was a reach in the third round and also does not fit a need. If he was a good return man I would understand but he isn't. He wont see the field much because we already have Rody White, Michael Jenkins, Laurent Robinson and Joe Horn if he does not get cut. With major needs along the OL, at TE and at DT, would have prefered to see these areas addressed.

98. Thomas DeCoud (B)

A good value pick who helps add depth at every position in our secondary. Will feature as a special teams player who could start in a year or two replacing the aging Lawyer Milloy.

138. Robert James (B-)

Looks like an undersized weakside linebacker. Similar type of player to Stephen Nicholas who we picked last year and does not fill a need, so I dont understand the pick. He plays hard and gives he all but we have depth at WLB so I am not sure where he will fit in. Could turn into a special teams ace.

154. Kroy Biemann (B)

Situational pass rusher who will add depth at the end position. Undersized so may have to add weight or may play MLB or SLB in the NFL. Has good speed and will be able to make the transition. Either way he adds depth.

172. Thomas Brown (D)

May be decent value in the 6th round but with Michael Turner and Jerous Norwood we have the perfect one two punch. Will get the chance to compete against Jason Snelling for the third running back spot but I doubt he makes the team. A wasted pick in my opinion.

212. Wilrey Fontenot (B-)

Has experiance playing opposite Antonie Cason at Arizona. Has good speed and can contribute on special teams player and adds depth at corner.

232. Keith Zinger (C)

Had a good pro day and adresses a need. However I think we needed to adress the position earlier in the draft. Will never be able to cause any match up problems but might be a solid player. Lacks production at the college level.

Overall B/B-

We adressed are major needs at QB and LT, although we still have many holes. We needed to add another tackle and a guard as well as a defensive tackle. We will have a high pick next year and will continue the rebuilding process. Overall I was expecting much more from this draft.
kiranadwaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the Rams get an A for round 1, a B- for round 4 cuz that was just luck, rounds 2-3 and 5-7 get a F cuz IDK who we drafted in most of them. And that averages out to be a C+, a 3-13 team from last year needs a better than C+ draft class. SO SCOTTY LINEHAN, HAPPY TRAILS TO U, I HOPE U DIE A PAINFUL DEATH IN 40 YEARS, SO HAPPY TRAILS TO U, UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by yodabear : 04-28-2008 at 12:04 PM.
yodabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:09 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WASHINGTON REDSKINS DRAFT

2(2) Devin Thomas WR Michigan State

Excellent pick, the Redskins were able to trade back, pick up some extra picks, and still get the best WR in the draft. Thomas has a great speed-size combo and good hands. His size makes him and ideal fit for the skins as we implement our new west-coast offense. Campbell needs all the big targets he can get because he has a tendency to throw high. A

2(17) Fred Davis TE USC

Another good pick. Davis adds versatility and depth to the offense and is another great target for Campbell. A lot of people had Davis as the top TE in the draft so there was excellent value getting him in the middle of the second. B+

2.(20) Macolm Kelly WR Oklahoma

Kelly gives us more depth at receiver and gives Jason yet another big target to throw at. Kelly should compete with Thomas for the starting job opposite Santana Moss and is and excellent blocker. Some may not like this pick but i dont think there is anything wrong with the redskins trying to solve 1 problem at a time. B

3.(comp 33) Chad Rinhart OT/OG Northern Iowa

Another good pick for the skins, Rinhart brings youth and depth to the O-line. Should be a guard but could project very well as the redskins future left tackle. B+

4.(25) Justin Tryon CB Arizona State

A bit of a reach I think but a solid pick and it defiantly fits a need. Tryon although short, has excellent speed and is very willing to help in run support. Should come in and be a force on special teams right away. C+

6.(2) Durant Brooks P Georgia Tech

Punter was a need and we got the best one in the draft. He should really push Frost all through preseason and be the starting punter by September. B

6.(14) Kareem Moore S Nicholls State

Moore gives needed depth at safety and has nice potential. Could eventually turn into a starter and will be very effective on special teams. B

6.(20) Colt Brennan QB Hawaii

I loved the picked just because of his tribute to Sean Taylor but i sat and thought about it and it makes sense. With work on his mechanics he can be a solid back up. Don't need a big arm in the west coast offense you just need to be on time. C+

7(35) Rob Jackson DE Kansas State

Looks like a situational pass rusher but our line is old so and depth is welcomed. C

7(42) Chris Horton S UCLA

Eh idk D

Overall B
Old 04-28-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post

7(42) Chris Horton S UCLA

Eh idk D

lol classic
Old 04-28-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooshooGawd View Post
Wow. Did anybody not like their teams draft? It's all A's and B's from 1st round - 7th.
most people will be optimistic at this point, unless it is super obvious it blew. An example would be last year a Dolphins fan arguing to the death how much better the Dolphin draft was with Ginn and Beck, over the Jets draft with Revis and Harris. People all new Ginn was a reach, and he also argued that the Dolphins drafted more players, and therefore had a higher chance of success.

Needless to say, i'm sure he was very happy this past year and i'm sure he still agrees the Dolphins Draft > Jets Draft.

Thankfully i haven't seen that guy around in a long time

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
sup3rdup3r
Rookie

sup3rdup3r hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.sup3rdup3r hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
HOUSTON TEXANS

[/b]7. Alex Brink, QB - #223 Overall
Yea. Again, no idea. I told get to see many (or rather any. I might as well not lie) Washington State games. So I can't say I really know anything about this either. He's a 7th rounder though, so what do I care. Pluses for me not caring enough about him to look for negatives, minuses for me not knowing who he is. [b]C-
USC fan here, I follow pac-10 football religiously...you have a potential big time steal with Brink. He's a big time clutch performer, great pocket presence, marginal arm but great accuracy. His interception stat is a little mis-leading(15) because almost half those picks(6) came in one game against oregon state(probably the worst game of his career). He's perfect for the WCO, I was hoping my niners would take him in the 6th or 7th, but I think he might be a better fit with the texans. I'll be very interested in watching him play in pre-season.
sup3rdup3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are all my grades:

Every team upgraded, we don't know how these guys will work out. Therefore, I don't give less than C grades. So, take that for what it is worth. Later, I will include a list in order of best to worst.

Arizona: B+

I think Arizona stole DRC and filled a major hole. Afterwards, they made some nice value picks (Campbell, and Doucet,) and some picks to fit their team (Iwebema, Hightower). I'm still not sure if their value picks will fit in, like Campbell in the 3-4, as he would have to do a lot of work. Likewise, DE wasn't a MAJOR need and they had some holes elsewhere that may have been addressed earlier. Some good picks raise the grade, but leaving holes lowers it.

1. DRC DB/Tennessee-State
2. Calais Campbell DE/Miami
3. Early Doucet WR/LSU
4. Kenny Iwebema DE/Iowa
5. Tim Hightower RB/Richmond
6. Chris Harrington LB/Texas A&M
7. Brandon Keith OT/Northern Iowa

Atlanta: A-

I like Atlanta's draft more than most. Atlanta needs instant franchise players, so trading up for Baker may be the best choice. If Ryan, Baker, and Turner turn out to be good players, they could have a powerful offense. I like the next picks as they are possible impact players for their system (Jackson, Lofton, and DeCoud). Harry Douglas could end up as a #2 WR even. Good all around draft with a lot of players who could make an impact

1. Matt Ryan QB/Boston College
1. Sam Baker OT/USC
2. Curtis Lofton LB/Oklahoma
3. Chevis Jackson CB/LSU
3. Harry Douglas WR/Louisville
3. Thomas DeCoud S/Cal
5. Robert James LB/Arizona State
5. Kroy Bierrmann LB/Montana
6. Thomas Brown RB/Georgia
7. Wilrey Fontenot CB/Arizona
7. Keith Zinger TE/LSU

Baltimore: B-

Trading down, and losing value, then trading up, and losing value, just seemed a little extreme. True, they didn't know they could have ended up with Henne late 2nd, but even after Flacco, Ray Rice doesn't seem to me to instantly help this team. Zbikowski was a reach, and Gooden and Cousins may need some time. This team is in crisis, and they did okay in the 3rd, but not great at the beginning.

1. Joe Flacco QB/Delaware
2 . Ray Rice RB/Rutgers
3. Tavares Gooden LB/Miami
3. Tom Zbikowski S/Notre Dame
3. Oniel Cousins OG/UTEP
4. Marcus Smith WR/New Mexico
4. David Hale OT/Weber State
6. Haruki Nakamura S/Cincinnati
7. Justin Harper WR/V-Tech
7 . Allen Patrick RB/Oklahoma

Buffalo: A

One of my favorite drafts. McKelvin, Hardy and Ellis could all come in and start and filled some major holes. Though I'm not a huge fan of Corner and Fine, both have niches that may fit into Buffalo. I think Omon and Bell were great late rounders. Great draft.

1. Leodis McKelvin CB/Troy
2. James Hardy WR/Indiana
3. Chris Ellis DE/Virginia Tech
4. Reggie Corner CB/Akron
4. Derek Fine TE/Kansas
5. Alvin Bowen LB/Iowa State
6. Xavier Omon RB/Northwest Missouri State
7. Demetrius Bell OT/Northwestern State
7. Steve Johnson WR/Kentucky
7. Kenard Cox CB/Pitt

Carolina: A-

Stewart seems like more of luxury pick for a team that is on the downfall, but after that, I like Carolina's draft. People diss them for giving up a 1st next year, but next year is a light OT draft and Otah could be a future LT. Likewise, their 2nd day was incredible. Godfrey, Connor, Barnidge and Hayden all have the ability to be future starters or at least contributers. Even their 7th round offensive lineman were value picks.

1. Jonathan Stewart RB/Oregon
1. Jeff Otah OT/Pitt
3. Charles Godfrey CB/Iowa
3. Dan Connor LB/Penn State
5. Gary Barnidge TE/Louisville
6. Nick Hayden DT/Wisconsin
7. Hilee Taylor LB/North Caroina
7. Geoff Schwartz OL/Oregon
7. Mackenzy Bernadeau OG/Bentley

Chicago: A-

I think Chicago's draft was very good. They believe in Rex, and now they give him the offensive pieces to do something. Chris Williams could become the best OT out of this draft. Matt Forte and Earl Bennett should fit the team well and contribute as rookies. Even there next four picks are guys who may have been undervalued and contribute in a few years with Harrison, Steltz, Bowman, and Davis. Good all-around.

1. Chris Williams OT/Vanderbilt
2. Matt Forte RB/Tulsa
3. Earl Bennett WR/Vanderbilt
3. Marcus Harrison DT/Arkansas
4. Craig Steltz S/LSU
5. Zack Bowman CB/Nebraska
5. Kellen Davis TE/MSU
7. Ervin Baldwin DE/Michigan State
7. Chester Adams OG/Georgia
7. Joey LaRocque LB/Oregon State
7. Kirk Barton OT/Ohio State
7. Marcus Monk WR/Arkansas

Cincinnati: B-

Once again, this draft should have been ALL high character guys. Rivers is solid, but their lack of a GM may have made them give up Sedrick Ellis. They also passed up some better WRs for Jerome Simpson, a guy who probably can't come in and impact as a rookie, but may develop into a star. Sims was a VERY low character guy who quit his team at Auburn before coming back. I like Caldwell as a player as well as Collins, but then Jason Shirley was caught drunk driving twice, and was kicked off the team for other things. This is the type of guy who may cause problems and give you bad press while giving little in return. Mike Brown, stop picking low character guys and you'll do better in the public eye.

1. Keith Rivers LB/USC
2. Jerome Simpson WR/Coastal Carolina
3. Pat Sims DT/Auburn
3. Andre Caldwell WR/Florida
4. Anthony Collins OT/Kansas
5. Jason Shirley DT/Fresno State
6. Corey Lynch FS/Appalachian State
7. Angelo Craig DE/Cincinnati
7. Mario Urrutia WR/Louisville

Cleveland: A-

Cleveland had no first day, but looking at Quinn, Smith, and Rogers, you see three impact guys, so good job there. Beau Bell fits in VERY well, and Martin Rucker can be an extra weapon that could cause problems. I think Rubin was a still as a back-up NT, so overall, very good, but not sure if trading more was what they should have done instead of letting guys fall to them and keep some picks.

4. Beau Bell LB/UNLV
4. Martin Rucker TE/Missouri
6. Ahtyba Rubin DT/Iowa State
6. Paul Hubard WR/Wisconsin
7. Alex Hall DE/St. Augustine

Dallas: B+

Felix Jones was who they wanted and he fits in. Jenkins was an absolute steal and their later choices in Bennett, Choice and Scandrick were solid. It seems they just wanted to sure up two positions in RB and CB. The lack of addressing anything else really (Except #2 TE) hurts their grade/

1. Felix Jones RB/Arkansas
1. Mike Jenkins CB/USF
2. Martellus Bennett TE/Texas A&M
4. Tashard Choice RB/Georgia Tech
5. Orlando Scandrick CB/Boise State
6. Erick Walden DE/Middle Tennessee

Denver: B

I think Denver did solid. Ryan Clady could become the best O-lineman in this system ever with his tools and how he fits. Eddie Royal is a return specialist, and they needed some WR who can come in and play. The rest of the picks feel like a bunch of reserves and no one other than maybe Hillis who will ever make a giant impact.

1. Ryan Clady OT/Boise State
2. Eddie Royal WR/Virginia Tech
4. Kory Lichtensteiger OG/Bowling Green
4. Jack Williams CB/Kent State
5. Ryan Torain RB/Arizona State
5. Carlton Powell DT/Virginia Tech
6. Spencer Larsen OLB/Arizona
7. Josh Barrett S/Arizona State
7. Peyton Hills FB/Arkansas

Detroit: B+

I think Gosder could man that right side for some time, and Jordan Dizon, though being based, was a guy most teams had penned in the second round (myself to Indianapolis). He has a high motor and fits the system perfectly. Their second day picks were great and guys who have some guys who may start in a few years. Kevin Smith, Andre Fluellen and Cliff avril were all good value picks and guys who can find their niche in this system. They also get possibly the best FB in Felton in this draft. Second day helps them, but a solid draft overall.

1. Gosder Cherilus OT/Boston College
2. Jordan Dizon LB/Colorado
3. Kevin Smith RB/UCF
3. Andre Fluellen DT/Florida State
3. Cliff Avril LB/Purdue
5. Kenneth Moore WR/Wake Forest
5. Jerome Felton FB/Furman
7. Landon Cohen DE/Ohio
7. Caleb Campbell S/Army

Green Bay: B-

I'm just not understanding overall. They drafted Jordy Nelson at WR, a position that wasn't needed especially with Jones coming on last year. Brohm is a solid pick, great value, but you still have holes in the secondary OLB, and O-line, so why not trade out? I do love the Patrick Lee pick in the Late 2nd, and he may come in as a nickel immediately. I loved their later round picks, and that kept them from one of the worst grades.

2. Jordy Nelson WR/Kansas State
2. Brian Brohm QB/Louisville
2. Patrick Lee CB/Auburn
3. Jermichael Finley TE/Texas
4. Jeremy Thompson DE/Wake Forest
4. Josh Sitton OT/UCF
5. Bren Fiacomini OT/Louisville
7. Matt Flynn QB/LSU
7. Brett Swain WR/San Diego State

Houston: A-

Great draft for this team and this system. Brown is the LT they have always needed, and it really allows them to shake up their O-line. It may take a few years, but they can use Spencer for now. Molden is a solid corner who would really compliment Dunta. Slaton fits perfectly. Once again, he'll be a 3rd down back to start, but he will come in soon and could blow up in the ZBS. Adibi and Okam were TREMENDOUS picks who may start if they prove themselves. Okam was well worth a 5th rounder, since if he raises his motor, he could be a star. Overall, it could take 3 years to see the impact, but this was a great draft.

1. Duane Brown OT/V-Tech
3. Antwaun Molden CB/Eastern Kentucky
3. Steve Slaton RB/West Virginia
4. Xavier Adibi LB/V-Tech
5. Frank Okam DT/Texas
6. Dominique Barber FS/Minnesota
7. Alex Brink QB/Washington State

Indianapolis: B

Indy's draft was just mediocre. Pollak was an alright pick, something they can use at guard or center, and I like the Wheeler pick as well. The rest of their picks were more centers/guards and another TEs and a LB. Some guys I like, for instance Tamme, Howard and Santi. But, they didn't address back-up RB or WR early, and instead end up with Hart and Garcon, two guys who may never play a down. Eh.

2. Mike Pollak OT/Arizona State
3. Phillip Wheeler LB/Georgia Tech
4. Jacob Tamme TE/Kentucky
5. Marcus Howard LB/Georgia
6. Tom Santi TE/Virginia
6. Steve Justice C/Wake Forest
6. Mike Hart RB/Michigan
6. Pierre Garcon WR/Mount Union
7. Jamey Richard OL/Buffalo

Jacksonville: C+

I didn't like the choices Jacksonville made. You trade up a MAJOR amount for Harvey, and then draft another pass-rusher the pick after! I still don't think that Jacksonville's passing game or secondary is where it needs to be, and neither were addressed early. They also never got any O-line depth. They filled their major need, but if injuries happen next year, this draft won't do you any favors.

1. Derrick Harvey DE/Florida
2. Quentin Groves DE/Auburn
5. Thomas Williams LB/USC
5. Trae Williams CB/USF
6. Chauncey Washington RB/USC

Kansas City: A

The best draft easily. Most everyone agrees, but I think KC could come out of this draft with 7 starters. Dorsey and Albert, two of the best players in the draft at two of the most important positions. Flowers was a steal in the 2nd as well. Charles is a great player who fell and they can groom and bring in since LJ seems a bit run-down. Cottam fits in KC very well and can replace Gonzo. Finally, I like Franklin and Richardson as possible developmental starter. They also got a returner in Kevin Robinson who reminds me of Dante Hall. GREAT draft.

1. Glenn Dorsey DT/LSU
1. Branden Albert OG/Virginia
2 . Brandon Flowers CB/V-Tech
3. Jamaal Charles RB/Texas
3. Brad Cottam TE/Tennessee
4. William Franklin WR/Missouri
5. Brandon Carr CB/Grand Valley
6. Barry Richardson OT/Clemson
6. Kevin Robinson WR/Utah State
7. Brian Johnston DE/Gardner-Webb
7. Mike Merritt TE/Central Florida

Miami: A-

Having the #1 pick can't hurt much. They got Jake Long. They traded for Fasano and Ayodele, two guys Bill and Sparano like. Merling, if he can find his place in the defense, could be a difference maker. I've also gone on record to say that Chad Henne could be the best QB to come out of this draft. I also really like Langford and Parmele on the Dolphins. Great draft by the team overall.

1. Jake Long OT/Michigan
2. Phillip Merling DE/Clemson
2. Chad Henne QB/Michigan
3. Kendall Langford DL/Hampton
4. Shawn Murphy OT/Utah State
6. Jalen Parmele RB/Toledo
6. Donald Thomas OG/Uconn
6. Lex Hilliard RB/Montana
7. Lionel Dotson DL/Arizona

Minnesota: A-

I think Jared Allen was very good value and will fix Minnesota's biggest needs. Then, they traded up for another possible hole to get Tyrell Johnson who can replace Darren Sharper soon. Finally, they address two more depth issues in John David Booty and Letroy Guion. Booty WILL be a starter in this league and was a nice pick. Finally, Jaymar Johnson is a developmental WR. This team will be running to victory, but their defense looks VERY nasty now.

2. Tyrell Johnson S/Arkansas State
5. John David Booty QB/USC
5. Letroy Guion DT/Florida State
6. John Sullivan C/Notre Dame
6. Jaymar Johnson WR/Jackson State

New England: B

You can't criticize how this team drafts, but just on the surface, it looks just okay. Mayo was a little early, but an excellent fit. Wheatley was a reach, but he may be a star in this system. I don't like Crable in the 3-4 myself, but Kevin O'Connell is VERY similar to Tom Brady and this guy may learn a lot. They got the guys they wanted, and that gives them a solid B.

1. Jerod Mayo LB/Tennessee
2. Terrence Wheatley CB/Colorado
3. Shawn Crable LB/Michigan
3. Kevin O’Connell QB/San Diego State
4. Jonathan Wilhite CB/Auburn
5. Matt Slater WR/UCLA
6. Bo Ruud LB/Nebraska

New Orleans: A

My third favorite draft. Ellis and Porter are instant impact players that can mend the major defensive woes. How bad was NO at DT? They needed another and got a steal in Pressley in the 5th. I also like Nicks as a developmental OT, and Mehlhaff was the best kicker in this draft. Arrington also drafted in the same position as Marques Colston. I can't argue any of these picks.

1. Sedrick Ellis DT/USC
2. Tracy Porter CB/Indiana
5. DeMario Pressley DT/NC State
5. Carl Nicks OT/Nebraska
6. Taylor Mehlhaff K/Wisconsin
7. Adrian Arrington WR/Michigan

New York Giants: B+

Once again, you can't question a Jerry Reese, and I think NYG did okay. Phillips fills a major need. I think Thomas was a slight reach, but he could definitely be an excellent player. Manningham doesn't really seem needed, especially with so many WRs coming out the woodwork, but we'll see if the Giants can work with him. They traded up for Kehl, and Goff and Woodson were steals. Good overall, but nothing mind-blowing.

1. Kenny Phillips S/Miami
2. Terrell Thomas CB/USC
3. Mario Manningham WR/Michigan
4. Bryan Kehl LB/BYU
5. Jonathan Goff LB/Vanderbilt
6. Andre Woodson QB/Kentucky
6. Robert Henderson DE/Southern Miss

New York Jets: B+

The Jets filled their major needs in the first with Gholston and a pass-catcher in Keller. Lowery makes sense to me as well, and Ainge seems a bit too similar to the QBs they already have. I do love the Henry pick late. Another solid draft, but nothing great.

1. Vernon Gholston DE/Ohio State
1. Dustin Keller TE/Purdue
4. Dwight Lowery CB/San Jose State
5. Erik Ainge QB/Tennessee
6. Marcus Henry WR/Kansas
7. Nate Garner OT/Arkansas

Oakland: B-

DMac wasn't a need, but could be the best guy in this draft. They trade Fabian Washington to replace him with Tyvon Branch? Eh. Arman Shields and Chaz don't excite me. Scott is a wildcard. Not horrible since Branch was good value, and DMac is a difference maker, but this run defense will still be horrendous.

1. Darren McFadden RB/Arkansas
4. Tyvon Branch CB/Uconn
4. Arman Shields WR/Richmond
6. Trevor Scott DE/Buffalo
7. Chaz Schilens WR/Miami

Philadelphia: B

Getting an extra first round pick bumps this out automatically. Trevor Laws is ANOTHER trench player Andy Reid grabs. Jackson was good value, but we'll see how he fits into the offense. I like McGlynn and Demps pick, but Smith was a reach. Okay draft, but it should set them up well for next year.

2. Trevor Laws DT/Notre Dame
2. DeSean Jackson WR/Cal
3. Bryan Smith LB/McNeese State
4. Mike McGlynn OT/Pitt
4. Quintin Demps FS/UTEP
6. Mike Gibson OT/Cal
6. Joe Mays LB/North Dakota State
6. Andy Studebaker LB/Wheaton
7. King Dunlap OT/Auburn

Pittsburgh: B+

I think Pittsburgh did well with value, not with need. Mendenhall and Sweed were high value picks, but it still left their trenches open. Davis fits well, though not a need, and Tony Hills is a solid back-up player. Very good draft with value, but not a Top 3 draft.

1. Rashard Mendenhall RB/Illinois
2. Limas Sweed WR/Texas
3. Bruce Davis LB/UCLA
4. Tony Hills OT/Texas
5. Dennis Dixon QB/Oregon
6. Mike Humpal LB/Iowa
6. Ryan Mundy S/West Virginia

San Diego: B-

The Chargers didn't have much to work with, so the grade can't be too high. I love Antoine Cason and he should compliment Cromartie VERY well. Trading up for Hester was NOT a good decision unless they think he can play RB well, but they didn't have the picks to trade. the rest of their draft was mediocre at best.

1. Antoine Cason
3. Jacob Hester
5. Marcus Thomas RB/UTEP
6. DeJuan Tribble CB/Boston College
7. Corey Clark OT/Texas A&M

San Francisco: B+

I think San Fran had a typical draft. Got some value and took some guys who fit. Balmer helps them at DE if Smith doesn't fit. Chilo and Reggie Smith were good value picks that can instantly help San Francisco. The rest of their picks were nothing great. Good draft.

1. Kentwan Balmer DE/North Carolina
2. Chilo Rachal OG/USC
3. Reggie Smith DB/Oklahoma
4. Cody Wallace OL/Texas A&M
6. Josh Morgan WR/Virginia Tech
7. Larry Grant LB/Ohio State

Seattle: C+

I just don't understand taking another DE. As much as I like Lawrence Jackson, Seattle has offensive holes. They take a good blocking TE in Carlson. I don't see how Bryant and the two Schmitt's really help this team, so I think Seattle may finally lose the division.

1. Lawrence Jackson DE/USC
2. John Carlson TE/Notre Dame
4. Red Bryant DT/Texas A&M
5. Owen Schmitt FB/West Virginia
6. Tyler Schmitt LS/San Diego State
7. Justin Forsett RB/Cal
7. Brandon Coutu K/Georgia

St. Louis: B+

I like what St. Louis did more than most. Chris Long is an instant impact guy. Avery, though some people say reach, he compliments Holt and Bennett very very well. Greco and King were value picks who could be stars in a few years. Even Burtin and Schuening were value picks who will contribute. Good draft.

1. Chris Long DE/Virginia
2. Donnie Avery WR/Houston
3. John Greco OT/Toledo
4. Justin King CB/Penn State
4. Keenan Burton WR/Kentucky
5. Roy Schuening OG/Oregon State
7. Chris Chamberlain DB/Tulsa
7. David Vobora LB/Idaho

Tampa Bay: B-

I wasn't thrilled with Tampa's draft. I like Talib as a player, and they never back down from chancing on guys. Dexter Jackson is a Gruden player but WAY tio early. I'm not a huge fan of Zuttah, but the Moore, Johnson, Hayes, and Boyd picks were good. I think Jenkins fit TB better in the first, so I knock it down a little more to a B-, but this draft MAY work out well for them.

1. Aqib Talib CB/Kansas
2. Dexter Jackson WR/Appalachian State
3. Jeremy Zuttah OG/Rutgers
4. Dre Moore DT/Maryland
5. Josh Johnson QB/San Diego
6. Geno Hayes ILB/Florida State
7. Cory Boyd RB/South Carolina

Tennessee Titans: C+

I'm not sure what Tennessee is trying to do. As much as I like Chris Johnson (and think he is a MUCH better version of Chris Henry,) he wasn't needed for their first round pick. Jason Jones was a good pick-up in the 2nd and can help the defensive line. But past that, nothing that I love. Hayes and Kegler were pretty poor picks. Stevens was alright in the 3rd, but nothing special. Just a sub-par draft overall.

1. Chris Johnson RB/East Carolina
2. Jason Jones DE/Eastern Michigan
3. Craig Stevens TE/Cal
4. William Hayes DE/Winston-Salem
4. Stanford Kegler LB/Pudeu
7. Cary Williams CB/Washburn

Washington Redskins: A-

I liked this Redskins draft. Though many may not, they need a more explosive offense to fit Zorn. Zorn grabbed value guys who fit his system and this offense will compete with the defenses in the NFC East. Devin Thomas, Fred Davis, and Malcolm Kelly all will fit in and set-up a GREAT passing game in a few years. I like Rinehart and Tryon pretty well. Likewise, they grabbed Colt Brennan who fits in perfectly and can be a great back-up. Overall, very good draft in my opinion.

2. Devin Thomas WR/Michigan State
2. Malcolm Kelly WR/Oklhoma
2. Fred Davis TE/USC
3. Chad Rinehart OT/Northern Iowa
4. Justin Tryon CB/Arizona State
6. Durant Brooks P/Georgia Tech
6. Kareem Moore DB/Nicholls State
6. Colt Brennan QB/Hawaii
7. Rob Jackson DE/Kansas State
7. Chris Horton FS/UCLA

1. Kansas City: A
2. Buffalo: A
3. New Orleans: A
4. Miami: A-
5. Minnesota: A-
6. Cleveland: A-
7. Carolina: A-
8. Houston: A-
9. Chicago: A-
10. Washington: A-
11. Atlanta: A-
12. Pittsburgh: B+
13. New York Giants: B+
14. Arizona: B+
15. Dallas: B+
16. St. Louis: B+
17. New York Jets: B+
18. San Francisco: B+
19. Detroit: B+
20. Philadelphia: B
21. Denver: B
22. New England: B
23. Indianapolis: B
24. Tampa Bay: B-
25. Cincinnati: B-
26. Baltimore: B-
27. Green Bay: B-
28. San Diego: B-
29. Oakland: B-
30. Jacksonville: C+
31. Seattle: C+
32. Tennessee: C+

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 04-28-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll mainly agree with what you said about the Jets. However, about the Seahawks, a couple things: 1) Seattle uses a very large DT rotation for numerous defensive sets, so they need several guys and at best have four workable guys not including Bryant. Also, their one main run stopped, Tubbs, has had a terrible time with injuries, so they needed a giant run stopper and get exactly that in Bryant (provided he stays healthy). Plus, that'd allow last year's pick in Mebane to go to a more comfortable role. 2) Seattle actually lost a couple games solely because of their long-snapper, so it was essential to get someone new in there. 3) Mack Strong retired and Leonard Weaver looks more comfortable as a H-Back. That, plus the fact that David Kirtman is a complete bust (that I called way back in that draft, despite Seahawks fans loving it), makes getting a true blocking fullback essential. Shaun looked terrible last year and that had a lot to do with him, but it also had to do with the guys blocking in front of him. 4) And it wasn't mentioned, but they need a new kicker and someone better than Mare.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

Maybe I just like when teams draft for their system more than others but when teams do that it tends to workout well.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JBond, can u be my English professor, nothing worse than a C+?
Old 04-29-2008, 12:47 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacksonville Jaguars

Round 1, Pick 8 (Acquired from Baltimore): Derrick Harvey, DE - Florida (B+)
Sure, we gave up a lot. But look at the team's roster before the draft. The only roster locks were a 33 year old with a career total of 25 sacks and a guy who's still recovering from an Achilles injury. The team needed a 3-down starter who can make things happen with the pass rush, and they think Harvey is that guy. You can't fault them for being aggressive to fix our biggest problems.

Round 2, Pick 52 (Through Tampa Bay): Quentin Groves, DE - Auburn (B)
This pick has a lot of potential. Some people are comparing him to Tony Brackens, the Jaguars' franchise sack leader who was one of the best pass-rushers in the NFL during his heyday. They're almost identical in size and their styles are very similar. The Jaguars have a vision in which Groves and Harvey are bookends for a decade, and though it may take time for that to happen, I think it's a real possibility.

Round 5, Pick 155: Thomas Williams, LB - USC (C+)
Williams won't be a starter for us. However, he'll provide valuable depth--- he can perform at a high level at all three linebacker positions. Also, he's an outstanding special teamer with a motor that's always running. Who knows? I might actually be underrating him. Perhaps he can dethrone Ingram.

Round 5, Pick 159: Trae Williams, DB - USF (A-)
I'm really high on this pick. Trae Williams is the total package at CB. He's tough with great reactions and outstanding instincts, and has tremendous natural ball skills. He's a 4.5 guy, so he isn't slow. The problem is that he doesn't have great size--- he's 5'9 193. However, many people who know him best say that he could end up a starter on many teams.

Round 7, Pick 213 (Through Tampa Bay): Chauncey Washington, RB - USC (B)
Washington is a 4.4 guy with outstanding size (5'11 210). He's a gritty player who fights for the extra yard. He nearly accumulated 1,000 years in a rotation at USC, and did get 10 touchdowns. It's an outside shot, but it isn't impossible that he ends up being a huge steal and replaces Fred Taylor in the rotation with Maurice Drew. In the short term, he'll compete with D.D. Terry for the 4th RB spot, and he could be a special teams contributer. I'll be watching him.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:36 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JBond: GREAT overall review.

For the Packers:
2. Jordy Nelson WR/Kansas State: Look at the year this kid had for a bad KSU team. No one could stop him. Nice arm when he threw for 2 TDs on the WR reverse option and he ran a pair of punts back for TDs. He'll push James Jones for the #3 slot receiver sooner than later. Ran a 4.51 at the combine and is 6'3" tall and 217#. Check out this YouTube of when Aqib Talib had him in single coverage.
Need: D (not an F as Koren Robinson has a gimpy knee), Talent: A

2. Brian Brohm QB/Louisville: The Packers have one QB on the roster, Aaron Rodgers. I think Rodgers will be a Drew Brees clone, but he's been hurt in the past, so this is a great pick with great value. Brohm will be able to play this up coming year and come in and not lose the game if Rodgers gets hurt.
Need: A, Talent: A

2. Patrick Lee CB/Auburn: Lee gets to learn from Harris and Woodson and is a tremendous upgrade in the dime and nickel packages.
Need: B, Talent: A

3. Jermichael Finley TE/Texas: The team has Donald Lee starting and a UDFA coming off two years of injury. Jermichael raw, but talented and motivated with a family to care for. This could have been Dustin Keller, mind you, or Greg Olsen or Vern Davis. GM Thompson passed on all those guys and finally pulled the trigger on Finley.
Need: A, Talent: B-

4. Jeremy Thompson DE/Wake Forest: GM Thompson makes his first trade up in nine drafts that he's run for Seattle and GB due to not believing this kid still available. His brother is already playing for the Packers as a back-up LT. Reminds some of Aaron Kampman.
Need: C+, Talent: A

4. Josh Sitton OT/UCF: A key blocker for Kevin Smith. Big and quick. Could compete for a starting OG spot this year, though I think he'll back up OG and C for a couple years and then take over for RT Mark Tauscher.
Need: C, Talent: B+

5. Breno Giacomini OT/Louisville: Boom/Bust guy. Plays with a nasty attitude, but has a DUI and flipped off the fans. 6'7" and 305 pounds. Athletic enough that he played some TE for the Cardinals.
Need: C-, Talent: C

7. Matt Flynn QB/LSU: Could be the next Jason Garrett, backing up for a decade and then moving to the staff. He backed up Jamarcus Russell for three years and then went and won the national championship his only year starting, throwing for 4 TDs in the championship game. Reminds me of 1993 when it was Brett Favre, Mark Brunell and Ty Detmer as the three QBs.
Need: B, Talent: B+

7. Brett Swain WR/San Diego State: He ran a 4.41 40 yard dash and could be the fastest WR on the roster, as Jennings ran a 4.46. Has been a fine receiver the past two years at SDSU. Good size and likely to spend time on the practice squad unless Koren Robinson's knee is gimpy or he goes out drinking with Jared Allen when GB plays the Vikes.
Need: F, Talent: B

7. Traded for 6th round pick next year. Anytime you can turn a 7th into a 6th the next year, that works for me.
Trade Grade: B (I would have drafted David Roach here)

FA: Brandon Chillar, OLB: I'm listing Chillar as someone had mentioned that GB did not address the OLB spot. They did, but through FA. That makes an LB corp of Hawk, Barnett, Chillar/Poppinga, Abdul Hodge or Desmond Bishop and special team ace Tracy White. Packers only keep 6 LBs at the most.
Why draft another LB? They could have had Erin Henderson instead of trading the pick, but they obviously think that LB is settled.

Overall: B+. This is a winning team drafting for players to back-up the regulars as 20 out of 22 starters are coming back. Components for the future needed, not upgrades from the guys they have, as those guys were 14-4 last year.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:28 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JBond, as I said in the other thread you posted this, you forgot Lavelle Hawkins for the Titans.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote