Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-27-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
TheMikey10
Rookie

TheMikey10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Congrats

From a Cal fan on getting Craig Stevens and the Hawk. Stevens went just about where he should and can be one of the league's best blocking Tight Ends. And don't be fooled by what the analysts said, the Hawk was one of the three best wideouts in the pac10 last year and shouldve been a second or early third rounder. He does not have drop problems, he had a bad big game and was actually one of the last guys on the team that quit on Longshore. Hawkins will become VY's 1st or 2nd favorite target, I promise.
TheMikey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the words, Mikey. I like the signing of Stevens. Worst case scenario is that he'll be a great blocking TE (which is worth a 3rd RD pick, especially in that Draft). Best case scenario is that he'll become the next Frank Wychek, as he's a solid receiver too. Plus, I've seen his film, and dang is he hard to bring down. I've seen him just flat out carry dudes 5 or 6 yards until help comes. It's hilarious.

And I like Hawkins too. When he was there in the 3rd RD, I was hoping for him. But we took Stevens. Then in the 4th RD, we trade up and I'm hoping for Hawkins, but we take Hayes. Then finally, we take Hawk with our second 4th RD'er. I think he's vastly under-rated. Will he take the starting spot away from Roydell and Gage? Probably not, but I think he can definitely contribute and be a big impact in the future.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel good about these two guys. Stevens should be able to contribute for a while and who knows, he was a little under the radar as a receiving target coming from a team with top WR's but without a top QB spreading it around. He had a good combine so we know he's more athletic than Erron Kinney, and he was a solid TE for the Titans in a similar mold.

And then Hawkins, well the sky is the limit. It seems he came right out of the 'typical late round WR stud' book. No 4.3 speed = no 1st day, but that obviously doesn't matter in the NFL for WR's most of the time. He's confident, he's got skills - he could be a real steal. If he doesn't turn into VY's Derrick Mason, I think at least he can be that guy you always have to have at WR on a good NFL team - reliable, consistent, but not spectacular. Still a steal either way, I do have some pretty high expectations for Hawkins I must say.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince Young=Steve McNair
Lendale White=Eddie George
Now
Craig Stevens=Frank Whycheck
Lavelle Hawkins=Derrick Mason

I think it's safe to say these are accurate comparisons. ;)
Old 05-07-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Priceless quote from Hawkins: "Thank you Pac-Man!!!"

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote