Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 10-02-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbombul View Post
isnt he an RFA at the end of the season?
According to KFFL he is a UFA

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

atleast if we got a new version of shaun rogers, hopefully he wouldn't flash a gun at a strip club and wouldn't feel like he WAS the lions D until about year 3, so we'd have 2 good years

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Amen ... Go D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
we need to work on our front 7 we should go DE and then LB probably DB as well screw the offense weve tried to build it for the past 7 years
Amen on an all Defensive draft. Although the 2 top LB's from USC & OSU are studs, they would only be average impact players for Detroit in year 1 b/c they have no pass rush. 4 sacks in 4 games ... with a head coach who is a D-line guru ... ouch. Start up front and build for speed like the Giants, Cowboys or Titans.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
we need to work on our front 7 we should go DE and then LB probably DB as well screw the offense weve tried to build it for the past 7 years
You guys have very good skill positon players on offense but you have no line. Thats what i think the Lions should start building as well as the D-line
Old 10-11-2008, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmmm...carson palmer isn't starting this week for the 0-5 bengals. st louis is right next to us in every horrible defensive ranking. it looks like we have some real competition for that #1 draft spot. although i still think we might edge out 1 win, they'll probably edge out 2-3.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-12-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

At this point Maualuga, Oher and MJohnson would be my top 3, with stafford close behind.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

brian orakpo is looking very good right now too

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-17-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
J-Hype
Rookie

J-Hype hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
brian orakpo is looking very good right now too
yeah i am likeing Orakpo right now im feeling this

1. Orakpo
1. Rey Mauluga
2.terance taylor
3.CB/RB
4.alex boone
5.OL
J-Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

i'm just wondering about maualuga's value and where it will be on draft day. who will need him and how far he'll fall. i've seen some putting him top 3, others around 16.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-17-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

well same with orakpo. should be nice finally having options

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-17-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Maualuga is going to fall out of the top 20. He's not having as good of a year this year as last year and many scouts already expected average workouts from him.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hype View Post
yeah i am likeing Orakpo right now im feeling this

1. Orakpo
1. Rey Mauluga
2.terance taylor
3.CB/RB
4.alex boone
5.OL
I really like Orakpo as well and I think the Lions would be a lot better off if they could get a good pass rusher and Orakpo looks to be a very good speed rusher.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll be picking too high for Orakpo. I just don't see him as a top three pick. I think we have to go QB or OT with that first pick. Then we can come back and grab a LB or DE with the second pick.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda off topic but do we have a conditional 3rd from the Browns? If we do what is that condition?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 10-17-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

not sure about rogers. and i think we'll probably be too high for orakpo right now, but i don't know i just feel he has greatness in him. its weird but when i see him i think about freeney and suggs. i feel orlando pace and walter jones with the tackles(although i think one is destined to bust), and i think the top 3 linebackers are all going to be extremely good.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-18-2008, 04:50 AM    (permalink
BackwoodsBoy

You can always use the #33 pick on Derek Anderson and save a boat load of guarenteed money. I'd think #1 overall for Matthew Stafford would approach 45 million in guarenteed and 85 million overall(Matt Ryan was 34 and 72 at #3). Then you guys could use the #1 overall pick on whoever your staff decides is the best LT amoung Michael Oher, Andre Smith and Eugene Monroe and with the Dallas pick I'm sure you'd have at least one of Brandon Spikes(ILB), James Laurinaitis(ILB), Rey Maualuga(ILB), D.J. Moore(CB), Darius Butler(CB), Greg Hardy(DE), Michael Johnson(DE), Everette Brown(DE), or George Selvie(DE). Fills three huge needs and eliminates the finacial burden of #1 overall for a QB and not to mention first round QB's are way more likely bust than Top 5 LT's.

1. Michael Oher LT Mississippi
1. Brandon Spikes ILB Florida
3. Victor Harris CB Virginia Tech
3. Matt Shaughnessy DE Wisconson
5. Anthony Parker OG Tennessee
6. Brian Mandeville TE Northeastern
6. Brandon Hughes CB Oregon State

Last edited by BackwoodsBoy : 10-18-2008 at 05:03 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:39 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oher + Maualuga/Hardy = Instant, Instant Win
Old 10-18-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Every Lions fan should try to catch as much of the Bama-Ole Miss game as they can and watch the LT's, they are the future of the position.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Kinda off topic but do we have a conditional 3rd from the Browns? If we do what is that condition?
I have not heard that. I think it was Bodden + a 2008 Third (Fluellen).
Old 10-18-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I have not heard that. I think it was Bodden + a 2008 Third (Fluellen).
Yeah I was reading the picks traded on another site and they forgot to take down the 2008 picks and I got confused.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 10-18-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnick View Post
Every Lions fan should try to catch as much of the Bama-Ole Miss game as they can and watch the LT's, they are the future of the position.
How did the game go? I had to work.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Until we know who our HC is going to be, it is impossible to assess who we might draft. If Marinelli is fired, we may well switch out of the Cover 2 defense and require a completely different type of player.
We are in limbo until Ford announces his decision on our GM and the GM announces his decision on our new HC.
Until then you might as well flip a coin because without some kind of rational to base our picks on, it's all fantasy.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:23 AM    (permalink
BackwoodsBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Until we know who our HC is going to be, it is impossible to assess who we might draft. If Marinelli is fired, we may well switch out of the Cover 2 defense and require a completely different type of player.
We are in limbo until Ford announces his decision on our GM and the GM announces his decision on our new HC.
Until then you might as well flip a coin because without some kind of rational to base our picks on, it's all fantasy.
Well the way I see it your best player is on your offense. Calvin Johnson is also your best chance at winning right now, so at least 2 of those first 3 high picks should go to helping out Calvin Johnson ie LT and QB and those are 2 positions that don't really matter what scheme or head coach you have. A great one can play great in any offense. Also on offense you have Kevin Smith who is young and talented. With an improved Oline he can help win games too.

Whats up with Gosder Cherlius anyway? He looked awful in my only experience watching him this year and I also heard him and I believe Rameriz were actually benched mid game?
Old 10-19-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

maybe today they can talk to kubiak and see if they can get some actual coaching so that they don't still look like they are in college

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-21-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where do yo think Mark Sanchez's value is at? Late first round? I might prefer him to Stafford.