Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 10-26-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so breaking down the top qbs...
stafford has the arm, bradford has the accuracy, and sanchez has the quick release

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/to...qbs/1117410452

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is bad we are already looking at 2010... ah well.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting... he has Stafford #1. And anyone else think he looks like a Southpark character in his picture?

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 10-26-2008, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
Interesting... he has Stafford #1. And anyone else think he looks like a Southpark character in his picture?

Fun fact: Stafford went to the same high school as Bobby Layne.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stafford looks like a 15 year old kid.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-26-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
http://www.curseofbobbylayne.com/

so is stafford the man of prophecy? the one who will bring us championships? or should we trade the pick to pittsburgh?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-26-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh snap.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 10-26-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Exactly. Stocker McDougal and Aaron Gibson were horrible.
Stocker was better than what we have now, but that's not saying much. I think these guys' issues are just another example of the struggles of our past GM's, just imagine if those 3 ended up being above avg. LT, LT, and RT. Even James Stewart could have run the ball.

I still say build the line, a good line can make a avg QB and avg RB look good, just look at Emmitt Smith!
Old 10-26-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

lol as if we haven't pissed cowboys fans off enough by wishing for their demise, we could start on emmitt smith now

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-26-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnick View Post
I fully believe in building the Oline and then getting our QB once we can protect him and provide him with an adequate running game, I think it'll help simplify the transition for the QB, hopefully.

The funny part of the rebuilding around Joey franchise is that the year before him we drafted Backus and Raiola, so we've already failed with this type of rebuilding plan...but what haven't we failed with? For the record I've never thought that Backus was good but I wasn't assessing talent at that time so I dont know if I would've agreed with the pick. We also drafted OT the 2 years previously (3 1st rd OT in 3 yrs)
Hopefully for Christmas Santa brings us Lion's fans a whole new regime so the rebuild can truely begin in Detroit! For now it's fighting to get that first "W" and avoiding the dreadful 0-16 season.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
lol as if we haven't pissed cowboys fans off enough by wishing for their demise, we could start on emmitt smith now
I'm just joking, I know he's better than his 4.8 40 time was.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Dallas pulled one out today, really pisses me off as a Lions fan. I guess now we even have to root for Brad Johnson to not play.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

i just wish we played them this year. but i don't really see them beating the giants whom they play twice, then philly and pittsburgh. week 11 @ washington will signal their season. i see an 8-8 year for them though. romo has to come back to play against some elite hard hitting teams looking for his head.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-26-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnick View Post
Dallas pulled one out today, really pisses me off as a Lions fan. I guess now we even have to root for Brad Johnson to not play.
And of course it was Roy who had the TD. But it was soooooo much more the D then Johnson.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 10-26-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Has anybody on here ever read the book "the Blindside" about Michael Oher? I've always contemplated whether he's truly able to retain a complex NFL offense. Does anybody else have those concerns? I know it's probably just not him with that type of background, but knowing about it worries me none the less.

It's a shame because other than that book, he's the embodyment of a perfect LT prospect. He wouldn't have 1 negative about him that I can think of.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

i've heard it mentioned a dozen or so times but never read it. i want to, just haven't gotten around to checking it out. maybe he's good enough to create an offense around his game.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-27-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I like Andre Smith as the Best OT this year..

I also think it'd serve us well to win 3-4 Games this year which would land us maybe the 4th Pick. Saves us a nice bit of money in a draft where there doesn't seem to be even one elite prospect. Unfortunately, we may not be able to win that many games.. and we'll be stuck giving Matt Stafford a $75 Million contract.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I think I like Andre Smith as the Best OT this year..

I also think it'd serve us well to win 3-4 Games this year which would land us maybe the 4th Pick. Saves us a nice bit of money in a draft where there doesn't seem to be even one elite prospect.
Easier said than done
Old 10-27-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Is the gist of that book he is an idiot? I can't really tell if that is what you mean or not.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 10-27-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
Is the gist of that book he is an idiot? I can't really tell if that is what you mean or not.
It's a really good book and should be on everybodies short list, but yeah basically this kid grew up in very bad conditions and lacked an educational foundation before some rich family adopted him while he was a junior in highschool and a top rated OT and guess what, the rich family are
Ole Miss boosters, but anyways he had such a low IQ that he was below learning disabled.

But he's a good kid and has come a long way and the family that adopted him did it to help him not get him to 'Ole Miss, and he's from Memphis which basically sends everybody to Ole Miss. Went to high school with Greg Hardy.

But, like I said, it's a great book and I recommend it to everybody.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

I then retract my idiot statement.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 10-27-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

I think I heard that he has a GPA of 3.4 or something now
Old 10-29-2008, 05:32 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

If you guys grabbed a LT and DE in the first and there was no QB worth the rd pick would Marcus Freeman be a good fit for my mock for you guys?
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:45 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we'll take a QB just to take one. We've got a Round 2 QB in Drew Stanton on the team still, and he hasn't played at all. I assume they would much rather run with him instead of taking a risk on another Round 2+ QB.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:14 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
If you guys grabbed a LT and DE in the first and there was no QB worth the rd pick would Marcus Freeman be a good fit for my mock for you guys?
a CB, G, or WR/RS would probabl be better or if one of the top MLBs drop.